Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah Everard’s body found in builder’s bag, court told
Does the accused look like he is feeling remorse for what he has allegedly done, or because he got caught, or simply because his head hurts?
12409657.jpg

Court artist sketch of serving police constable Wayne Couzens appearing in the dock at Westminster Magistrates’ Court
2.58578208.jpg

A police officer places flowers left by members of the public at the site as Metropolitan Police continue their search near Great Chart, Kent (Gareth Fuller/PA)
''Before his court appearance, Scotland Yard said that Couzens, of Deal in Kent, was taken to hospital for a second time in 48 hours on Friday for treatment to another head injury sustained in custody, before he was discharged and returned to a police station.''
Odd that there's no dressing on his head wound, given it was so bad it rendered him unconscious.

But if the police had stood back and done nothing at Clapham Common, it gives a green light for other groups to get together and break lockdown rules. Why are there also photos of the police holding their hands up to stop people approaching them, and film of people breaking social distancing? What about the footage of the van mirror being smashed? The people at this so-called vigil turned protest aren't above the law.
The Met needed to use some brains on this one. We saw last week a mass gathering of football supporters - treated with respect by the police. All reports are that it was a peaceful vigil until the police started moving people on. The optics on this are terrible, police force being used against women at a vigil for a woman murdered by someone in the police (allegedly).
Politicians, media, social media for all sides are condemning the police today.

Odd that there's no dressing on his head wound, given it was so bad it rendered him unconscious.
He would not have been unconscious. He would not have spent two hours in hospital if he were. He would not have even been concussed where four hours observation is the norm.

Also my understanding. The hearing was a formality confirming that the Crown Court will have jurisdiction, would not expect any particular details about the crimes to emerge at this stage.

It is essentially impossible to get bail for these sorts of charges in this country so no real details would be needed to deny it.

On that basis, I am not really sure about the idea some particular, perhaps unpleasant information came out in court that is not being reported for some reason, there may be some confusion re what people heard happened in court.

Some level of detail is actually given in the indictment. That will likely be where some of this has come from. Generic explanation https://www.lexisnexis.com/uk/lexis...rial_on_indictment_Crown_Court_trial_overview

Does anyone know why the police would opt to have the body identified by dental records and not by a family member? Sorry if that sounds crass but would a reason be that the body is in too distressing a sight to see (I don’t want to give example but hopefully you know what I’m getting at) vs totally unrecognisable due to decomposition or burning?
Dental records allow for official, positive identification.

I'm wondering if his email to his boss saying he didn't want to carry a firearm any more was some kind of pathetic attempt at hinting that he doesn't trust himself not to turn it on himself some days, what with all the stresses and strains of having to stand outside the Amercian Embassy doing absolutely nothing all day long. Sort of preparing the ground for his mental health defence, should one be required.

Sadly, the vigil for Sarah involved police manhandled women. My apologies I cannot seem to link to newspaper reports but "heavy handed tacticts" of the police are all over the news today.

Whether or not the Vigil should have been allowed on the Common, and whether it was illegal to be there or not, the fact that the police did this shows crass insensitivity and just adds to the horror of it all.

Now every woman in the country wakes up on Mothers day to realize neither they or their daughters are not safe at all. They are not even safe from the police who think manhandled women is an appropriate response.

This murder, as happened when Princess Dianna died, however we believe that death was caused, has triggered many women. It will have rekindled unresolved anger and fear at actions of men. The whole country did not hold a vigil when my own friend was raped and murdered years ago as the murderer was not so high profile, but of course, I think of her now.

As was said in a newspaper article I read earlier, "Every woman has a story to tell."

We cannot make Sarah alive again. But for some women this may be the catalyst that allows them to speak out, to be angry, to grieve.

For many, that anger will be about times they expressed concerns for their safety that were minimized or ignored. Some women needed that vigil not only to remember Sarah, but to speak out.

It did not take a brain scientist to see that vigil would happen whether ruled against or not, and that a socially distanced event was safer than physical police contact at an illegal one.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense would have realized this event was going to happen anyway. Allowing it to happen with planned social distancing measures would have been sensible.

Princess Diana's death allowed people to grieve for others. All untimely death is senseless and wrong, but it cannot be undone. For some IT was a resolution of mourning for a loved one. Let the resolution of Sarahs death be a speaking out that leads to a healing and greater safety for other women. There is only one thing you can do with events like these, to make the life cut short have a meaning and purpose beyond the grave.

Sorry, probably rambling but this morning, I am incensed.

As for EC, we just cannot know what her involvement was. At least while on bail the children are not also without their mother. She may have assisted an offender. She may have unknowingly assisted an offender. Spouses have duped their spouses before. Spouses have also covered for spouses before. It will come to light, but throwing her in jail at this point may just increase the ramifications of what the murderer has done and deprive children of their mother. EC cannot go far on bail. If she is guilty of anything, then she will hopefully serve her time. If naive or duped, her life has become a nightmare and she is a victim, albeit still a living one. Let's judge her when facts are known.

It's impossible to speculate on any particular mutilation, dismemberment or animal activity which may have befallen SE.

I suspect that SE's fingerprints were not in the National Biometric Database. Fingerprints are the primary biometric method for identifying bodies.

Where fingerprints cannot be taken or scanned due to decomposition or mutilation then dental records will be used. If the teeth are too badly damaged then a DNA sample is the next option.

Identification by someone well known to the deceased is only possible when the body is not badly decomposed or damaged. As a murder victim found after a number of days in woodland, I doubt this was the case!

Ah I see, thank you so much for that

I would imagine when in a role requiring use of firearms, you have to have regular training and vetting. Maybe he asked to be taken off because his annual review was due and he didn’t want anyone looking more closely into him. Who knows.

Sadly, the vigil for Sarah involved police manhandled women. My apologies I cannot seem to link to newspaper reports but "heavy handed tacticts" of the police are all over the news today.

Whether or not the Vigil should have been allowed on the Common, and whether it was illegal to be there or not, the fact that the police did this shows crass insensitivity and just adds to the horror of it all.

Now every woman in the country wakes up on Mothers day to realize neither they or their daughters are not safe at all. They are not even safe from the police who think manhandled women is an appropriate response.

This murder, as happened when Princess Dianna died, however we believe that death was caused, has triggered many women. It will have rekindled unresolved anger and fear at actions of men. The whole country did not hold a vigil when my own friend was raped and murdered years ago as the murderer was not so high profile, but of course, I think of her now.

As was said in a newspaper article I read earlier, "Every woman has a story to tell."

We cannot make Sarah alive again. But for some women this may be the catalyst that allows them to speak out, to be angry, to grieve.

For many, that anger will be about times they expressed concerns for their safety that were minimized or ignored. Some women needed that vigil not only to remember Sarah, but to speak out.

It did not take a brain scientist to see that vigil would happen whether ruled against or not, and that a socially distanced event was safer than physical police contact at an illegal one.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense would have realized this event was going to happen anyway. Allowing it to happen with planned social distancing measures would have been sensible.

Princess Diana's death allowed people to grieve for others. All untimely death is senseless and wrong, but it cannot be undone. For some IT was a resolution of mourning for a loved one. Let the resolution of Sarahs death be a speaking out that leads to a healing and greater safety for other women. There is only one thing you can do with events like these, to make the life cut short have a meaning and purpose beyond the grave.

Sorry, probably rambling but this morning, I am incensed.

As for EC, we just cannot know what her involvement was. At least while on bail the children are not also without their mother. She may have assisted an offender. She may have unknowingly assisted an offender. Spouses have duped their spouses before. Spouses have also covered for spouses before. It will come to light, but throwing her in jail at this point may just increase the ramifications of what the murderer has done and deprive children of their mother. EC cannot go far on bail. If she is guilty of anything, then she will hopefully serve her time. If naive or duped, her life has become a nightmare and she is a victim, albeit still a living one. Let's judge her when facts are known.

this is so beautifully put and I’m so sorry for your loss. This must be very painful for you.

People can be blamed for things getting out of hand. This gathering wasn't allowed and has attracted all types, including someone who smashed the mirror of a police van. How does that honour Sarah or make a case for keeping the streets safer for women?

It also can be seen as political when the protest is because a man who happens to be a police officer is alleged to have committed these crimes. Did we see this kind of disorder after Libby Squire was murdererd? Were people gathering and chanting "*advertiser censored** butchers"? The very recent arrest of 18yo Danyal Hussein for the murder of sisters Nicole Smallman and Bibaa Henry in a park isn't getting this level of attention from the public, either.

If there's a movement to make women feel safer on the street then why this protest now? Why not after every single incident of violence against women? If you single out a case or a particular category of (alleged) offender, then it's wrong.
It wasn't a protest, it was a vigil.
Cops storm crowds at Sarah Everard vigil as ugly scenes see mourners arrested

I agree with all of that. I also think he will succeed in killing himself.
Every single case I've followed, a few posters thought the perp would kill himself, never happened (but there's always a first).
Imo, he just doesn't fit the profile due to the crime he allegedly committed, like most sexual stalkers/killers, he's full of himself. His head banging was for an effect he thinks will help his case, buy some sympathy, and I think it's even worked here, he'd be a master manipulator. He'll adjust to prison life and most likely be a model prisoner at that. JMO

It would mean the person is not recognizable where they could be conclusively identified by sight. It doesn’t have to be complete destruction. If someone’s face is badly injured and they do not have any identifying marks like a tattoo, specific birthmark, etc., LE may not be confident in a visual identification that would rule out all other people. Visual identifications are usually followed up with further checks so it is not too odd.

We don’t know what happened but I don’t think we can or should jump to worst case scenario.

thanks that’s really helpful and clear. To clarify on my part, I didn’t mean to intimate anything was odd or that it must denote worst case scenario, just meant as a query on procedure. Thanks so much for taking the time to explain.

It would mean the person is not recognizable where they could be conclusively identified by sight. It doesn’t have to be complete destruction. If someone’s face is badly injured and they do not have any identifying marks like a tattoo, specific birthmark, etc., LE may not be confident in a visual identification that would rule out all other people. Visual identifications are usually followed up with further checks so it is not too odd.

We don’t know what happened but I don’t think we can or should jump to worst case scenario.

IMO this sadly will turn out to be obvious he knew what he was doing to cover evidence and even concern he may have previously done same. JMO but this will also shed light on way media fixated on certain specifics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck