Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is now under sub-judice.

Under sub-judice, the following is not allowed:

Any non compliance with an Order of the court
Anything that may prejudice the accused’s right to a fair trial
Any suggestions or direct accusations that the accused is either guilty or innocent (i.e. the accused cannot be called "the killer", it has to be "the accused", the "alleged killer" or "the defendant")
A defendant’s previous history of any offences
Scandalizing the court (disparaging judges/lawyers, any officer of the Court)
Broadcasting anything about proceedings which happen in the jury's absence.

Please do not post anything that violates the above principles.

Thank you.

ETA for reference: UK Contempt of Court Act 1981

Hi Silly Billy - I mentioned this before, but there has been so many posts, but could something be added by WS to threads like the "Found Deceased" tag that shows the case is at a stage that Contempt of Court could be a risk? I was not sure the term, but from this post see that "Under sub-judice" would be the term. It is not a common phrase so people if they have not at least read the rules of posting, they would certainly google the term or ask the meaning. Also new posters who don't read the rule posts at the start of a thread, can't miss the warning. So it the thread would have Found Deceased & Under Sub-juice in the thread title.

Just mentioning the property in Dover again that was searched on 9th March. I suppose it could be the garage where the accused used to work - except that is in Deal isn't it? And also don't think they were searching that before the arrest were they?

"The Metropolitan Police also carried out a search of a property in Dover on Wednesday (March 9).

Tunnels in the Western Heights area are also thought to have been investigated.

It is understood that the searches in Dover have been completed."

The 4 Kent towns at the centre of Sarah Everard searches

Knowing a few of the underground structures of Western Heights, I'd suggest that there's very little that would've been adequate for anything untoward; even entering with as much as a camera bag is a bit of a faff. Hopefully, those searches were just a precaution - any thorough search of the area would be a mammoth undertaking.

I did mention it to one friend who has good knowledge of the tunnels, and he reminded me of one or two that actually don't have any real access points: but do expose airshafts. These would obviously be pretty difficult to search, but similarly are quite unknown.

(Whilst on that topic; I've previously mentioned a "lost" underground guardhouse in the vicinity of the garage, that - officially - no longer exists and has been backfilled. One poster asked whether I'd informed LE; I'm not sure if I ever gave an update though. I contacted the Met Control Center with exact details - photographs, access details, and maps - and received a very prompt reply, and was told it had been passed to the senior investigating officer and Kent Police too. I was very impressed by the speedy reply.)

I've just watched some urban exploring from a month ago inside the garage and it really is in bad shape,still can't rule it out I guess but as mentioned in previous threads they weren't there long enough for it to have been immediate interest, huge though, the grounds I'm not familiar with x

I have a speculative idea about how the Accused disposed of Sarah’s body.

***alert: this may be too graphic so avoid if you are feeling sensitive.

We know from the photos of the police searching the house in Deal that he had builders bags and cement in the driveway because he was planning to do some work on the pool in the back garden. I think he put the body in the builder bag with wet cement. The reports state the body was wrapped in the bag, rather than enclosed. He only had to put her head and hands in to make the body unable to be identified because cement will burn skin down to the bone. Luckily her teeth would be intact and allow identification.

I wonder if the bags are somehow coded to the builder’s supply and can be linked to the delivery to his house. There are two builders merchants in Deal: Jewsons and MKM, but I would have expected them to have branded bags.

Just catching up on the thread/s now! Thanks all for the great insights and updates today.

WC looks different again in the court sketches from today. I’m intrigued by his demeanour. Like others have said, I’m inclined to think the rocking motion and eyes closed are self-soothing mechanisms. I don’t believe he necessarily feels remorse for what he has or hasn’t allegedly done .. more self pity that his life has irrevocably altered forever.

For me this case shares many similarities with Libby Squires, but there PR - who was eventually convicted of her rape and murder - stood arrogantly in the dock. Even holding her parents gaze at times and smirking. Ugh.

I don’t see that with WC. He looks like a man defeated. This may change at trial of course.

I’m not sure why it’s relevant, or even if it is. I guess if I’d been asked to predict his attitude, before we heard about the head banging in his cell, I’d expect him to come across more brutish, defensive and arrogant. He looks sad and resigned.

Just my thoughts.

I still believe we have a lot to learn about this man that will shock us (IMO) but I’m leaning more towards there being no further significant finds unrelated to this case.

Apart from online
Locally:
Build base - Dover
Jewson- Deal
MKM Building supplies - Deal
Travis Perkins-Dover
B&Q Dover
Jewsons - Dover
There's many more folkstone/margate etc

We know from the photos of the police searching the house in Deal that he had builders bags and cement in the driveway because he was planning to do some work on the pool in the back garden. I think he put the body in the builder bag with wet cement. The reports state the body was wrapped in the bag, rather than enclosed. He only had to put her head and hands in to make the body unable to be identified because cement will burn skin down to the bone. Luckily her teeth would be intact and allow identification.

I wonder if the bags are somehow coded to the builder’s supply and can be linked to the delivery to his house. There are two builders merchants in Deal: Jewsons and MKM, but I would have expected them to have branded bags.

I'm thinking the accused wrapped the whole body in the bag and possibly taped it up. There's no indication that the body was unidentifiable. Imo

LeopardLeotard mentioned the lights were on all night and no curtains drawn. Made me wonder if Police on duty were camping out there. Or yes they could be cleaning up or packing things for the family to move out. I can't see they can move back there under current circumstances really. All JMO speculation, MOO.
Are the lights being turned on over night just for security? If anyone managed to get inside the house and tamper with things, they would be seen easily. If it was dark someone could be lurking for a long time unnoticed. The lights will just put people off trying to enter I’m sure. Also it will probably be protocol to protect evidence? It’s unlikely anyone would break in but they’ve got to protect it best they can.

I'm thinking the accused wrapped the whole body in the bag and possibly taped it up. There's no indication that the body was unidentifiable. Imo
Cressida Dick initially said they "appear to be human remains". If you saw what you knew to be a human body you wouldn't say they appear to be. You would say you found a body.

Cressida Dick initially said they "appear to be human remains". If you saw what you knew to be a human body you wouldn't say they appear to be. You would say you found a body.
Well, we don't know what condition the body was in when they found it. I can't imagine they didn't know it was a human. Remains and "a body" have the same meaning and both are terms to describe a human body. It is not indicative of the condition of the body.

There were some bags stacked up in the accused’s garage pic, the one where someone pointed out the black box type thing that was taken onto trailer after the ducatti bike re my pics the other day, can anyone find it, it's prob bags of topsoil or something but could they be lye or cement, I cannot find the pic, there's a forensic guy, and you can see into open garage attached to house x

Given the sub-judice rules about "Jurors are not to be privy to any prior history or suggestions of prior crimes," would MSM be able to report if the searches uncover that other similar type crimes have occurred? If additional charges were brought against a suspect, would those charges be announced?

Great idea to check where the builders bag came from (to link with a purchase//address).

I believe someone earlier suggested the idea of the body being in concrete. But according to the link below, lime and concrete actually delay the decomposing - not that the perpetrator might know that! So it is possible and would certainly be very difficult to break up and examine a body.

My thought was the builders bag was just a convenient large thing to wrap a body in to disguise it, in a location where other junk/builders rubble has been tipped (we don't know that - that is MOO, speculation based on the info that the area was known for fly tipping).

Assume it's ok to link this academic article -if not then please remove or let me know!

"Of the many factors that affect buried remains, one that is particularly pertinent to forensic studies is the inclusion of lime in a burial. It would seem that assailants believe that lime accelerates the decomposition of soft tissues in buried remains. However, observations by forensic investigators suggest that lime actually tends to slow the decomposition of buried remains"

The Effect of Cement and wrapping on the Decomposition rate of the Rabbit Carcasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro