Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There could still be a trial even after today’s GPs. When I saw it in the lists yesterday under the contempt of court I thought his defence team was trying to suggest he wasn’t going to get a fair trial and try something. This surprised me. He’s utterly repugnant

I seem to remember they were classing it as kidnap right up until they found her body - I know police often do that in a missing person's enquiry if no evidence of violence, but something about the urgency of the searches made me think they genuinely had reason to believe she was still alive in the days following her disappearance, hence the rape charge from 2 (before her disappearance) to 10 March when her body was found

Equally, it could be that they couldn't determine time of death from the postmortem so it's from when she disappeared to when he was arrested.

JIMO

Last edited:
Is he under any more security now than he would be when he is in prison fully? If so, with all the head banging that went on in his cell before, it wouldn’t surprise me if he wants to plead guilty, get it all over and done with and then end it all when he’s left alone.

JMO But I am worried he has pleaded guilty to rape and kidnap now so he can later say he didn't murder her. Kind of like "if it was murder then I'd say so...I admitted the rape and kidnap, so you can trust what I'm saying".

Is it normal that he would go to court to plead guilty to rape and kidnap, but then plead guilty to murder at a separate hearing? Why not all together? It just makes me think he had admitted he killed her, but will say it wasn't murder e.g. accidental, so he will plead not guilty next time. I firmly believe that this will go to trial and he has saved her family nothing by admitting these crimes. He is using them to try and help his case/reduce his sentence, rather than to admit what he did. MOO

I think there’s nothing much to read into the dates of the rape accusation: it’s just covering more than the period required so as to dot the i’s and cross the t’s.

The lack of a plea with regard to the murder accusation, pending medical information, suggests the defence might be looking towards some kind of reduction to manslaughter based on the defendant’s mental state. I have my own opinions on the likelihood of that succeeding, but there might still be a trial, and obviously we should all be careful what we say.

Which would make sense as why is this crime so horrific if he raped her and killed her straight away?

It would still be a terrible crime but the way it’s been implied there is a lot more to this than meets the eye.

It doesn't bear thinking about what poor Sarah went through.
From the snippets of information available to us he sounds a complete monster.
MOO

I think there’s nothing much to read into the dates of the rape accusation: it’s just covering more than the period required so as to dot the i’s and cross the t’s.

The lack of a plea with regard to the murder accusation, pending medical information, suggests the defence might be looking towards some kind of reduction to manslaughter based on the defendant’s mental state. I have my own opinions on the likelihood of that succeeding, but there might still be a trial, and obviously we should all be careful what we say.
Absolutely agree with you

I noticed this immediately too. Either he potentially raped a second person that came forward or could he have raped Sarah on more than one occasion over a number of days between kidnapping and murdering her?

MOO
The way I read it was that WC has pleaded guilty to two charges. The first was kidnap, and the second was rape. It is badly worded, but I did not feel it meant an extra charge of rape against Sarah or A N Other. IMHO

There are only 3 charges; the first is kidnap, the second is rape and the third is murder. When they reported 'a second charge of rape' they didn't mean the second of two rape charges, they meant a second of 3 total charges.

The dates are set like this because no one can know whether rape and murder would have happened late on the night of the 3rd, or perhaps just after midnight which would make it the 4th. What they can be certain of is that on the 2nd she was alive and hadn't been kidnapped or raped, and on 10th her body was found so by that time she had.

We do have to be careful what we say, so I'll just give a little bit of my take on the situation without saying too much, but I seem to be thinking quite differently to everyone else posting here. The little bits of information we have about his behaviour while in custody make me think that he, at least in the few days after arrest, didn't have mental capacity to formulate a plan of how to get off lightly or spare any details. I think he may have admitted all charges, and that holding off on entering a plea to murder is totally driven by his defence counsel. He seemed like he couldn't hold it together at all.

All my opinion only.

The order of the Contempt of Court Act will likely be because, in his appearances in court some details will have been given. Because he may yet go to trial on the murder charge, (plus the amount of public interest this case has, the information will be far-reaching), it will be extremely difficult to find an impartial jury. Once a trial is underway the jury will be under instruction to avoid media and discussion, so it won't jeopardise his chances of a fair trial.

The order of the Contempt of Court Act will likely be because, in his appearances in court some details will have been given. Because he may yet go to trial on the murder charge, (plus the amount of public interest this case has, the information will be far-reaching), it will be extremely difficult to find an impartial jury. Once a trial is underway the jury will be under instruction to avoid media and discussion, so it won't jeopardise his chances of a fair trial.

Likely more today that had been withheld too.

I don't see the second charge of rape between 2 and 10 March being related to SE. We know for a fact she did not go missing until late on March 3 and was dead long before the 10th. It wasn't as if the last time she was seen was on the 2nd, and that something could have feasibly occurred then. I think this second charge relates to another individual. Possibly this detail withheld due to reporting restrictions.

Slightly different topic, but I'm wondering what the situation is with the unnamed woman who was arrested at the same time as WC. She was originally bailed until mid April, but then that was extended until early June, i.e. now.

Woman arrested in Sarah Everard case has bail extended

As far as I know, there's been no charging decision - unless anyone knows different?

Likely more today that had been withheld too.

I don't see the second charge of rape between 2 and 10 March being related to SE. We know for a fact she did not go missing until late on March 3 and was dead long before the 10th. It wasn't as if the last time she was seen was on the 2nd, and that something could have feasibly occurred then. I think this second charge relates to another individual. Possibly this detail withheld due to reporting restrictions.

There is no second charge of rape at all. There are 3 charges in total 1. Kidnap 2. Rape 3. Murder. Only one rape. Against SE. No one else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pixilove