UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
was he wearing a uniform? and would you not find it a little bit strange there was not another officer with him and he was not using a police car?

Exactly that scenario sounds like exactly what a serial killer would say. Sarah was way too savvy for that I’m sure.
I’m not sure where you are from but culturally, there seems to be a HUGE void of difference as to what people would do in the presence of a Police officer in the UK as opposed to many other countries, in particular, the USA
For example, time after time I read here on WS where posters have said that they would never voluntarily speak with a police officer without a lawyer being present and primarily those posters have been from the USA or elsewhere whereas in the UK, it’s most unusual for a person being treated as a witness to NOT speak to the police when they are alone and I cannot recall a single example in 23 years where a witness has said to me ( working from the UK ) that they will not speak to me unless accompanied by a solicitor. So if you transpose that generally to the general public in the UK being stopped and spoken to by a police officer and then transpose it to circumstances as they generally unfold in the USA , it’s a massive difference as to how both scenarios are approached in each individual country ....

I’m from the U.K. There’s a BIG difference in what I would do if approached by a pair of police in uniform in a police car during the day, and how I would react if I was confronted by a bulky guys in an unmarked car and no uniform at night. Anybody can claim to be police...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamingman73