UK, Scotland & Ireland - Coronavirus COVID-19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mr HKP is v impressed that I "know" this amazing lady's relative.

(He was slightly less impressed when he asked your name and I told him you go by Chimpface :D:D:D)
Ha, I said to my husband that Margaret is 100% definitely a real normal person. He asked why I thought she wouldn’t be.

There are lots of joke memes about Bill Gates controlling her brain now I hope she finds them funny.

(Courtesy via @astheworldfallsdown)

COVID-19: London and other parts of South East to move into Tier 3 restrictions on Wednesday

London and parts of Essex and Hertfordshire will move into the highest level of coronavirus restrictions on Wednesday.

The move will see thousands of bars, pubs, cafes and restaurants close in the capital and surrounding areas after Tuesday night, except for takeaway, delivery and click and collect services.

The Tier 3 measures, announced to MPs by Health Secretary Matt Hancock, will come into force at 00.01am on Wednesday.

New strain of Covid-19: Boris Johnson backtracks on relaxing Christmas rules - CNN

“London (CNN)The hopes of millions of Britons that Covid-19 restrictions would be eased over Christmas were dashed on Saturday, after scientists warned a new strain of the virus is spreading more quickly than others.

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced a series of stricter coronavirus restrictions, tightening rules around household mixing that were due to be relaxed over Christmas in England, while leaders in Scotland and Wales also introduced more stringent measures. The UK has among the highest Covid death rates in Europe, with more than 67,000 fatalities, and over 2 million cases.“

Last edited:
(Courtesy of @astheworldfallsdown)

Ireland:

LIVE: Level 5 - with some modifications - as restaurants, hairdressers to shut on Christmas Eve and inter-county travel curtailed

MICHEÁL MARTIN HAS announced that the country will move to Level 5 – with some modifications – amid a sharp rise in Covid-19 cases.

• Rolling restrictions will come in from 24 December and last until 12 January at the earliest
  • Restaurants, gastropubs must shut at 3pm on Christmas Eve
  • Barbers and hairdressers must also shut on 24 December
  • Inter-county travel will be restricted after 26 December, but people who have already left their county can remain in another county until they are due to return home
  • Non-essential retail can remain open, but shops have been asked not to have January sales events
  • Gyms and swimming pools can remain open
More at link

One thing that seems to have gone unnoticed by everyone is that Northern Ireland is introducing an 8pm curfew starting after Christmas. You can still exercise but any gatherings are strictly not allowed after 8pm.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-northern-ireland-55360646

A lot of times devolved countries have introduced something that eventually gets rolled out nationwide. Don’t be surprised if curfews are introduced UK wide in the next few weeks.

I really think the next few months are going to be the most harrowing.

Per this video, “doctors are reporting more young people who are seriously ill”; also, per Matt Hancock, this new South Africa variant is highly concerning because it appears to have mutated further than the one discovered in the UK

Last edited:
Covid: Baby girl becomes Scotland's youngest death

A child under the age of one has died with Covid-19 in Scotland, official figures show.

The death of the baby girl is the youngest Covid death in Scotland and the only one under the age of 15.

National Records of Scotland (NRS) counts all death certificates that mention Covid-19, even if the person has not been tested for the virus.

The baby's death was registered between 14 and 20 December along with 202 others that week.

(courtesy of @astheworldfallsdown)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back