UK - Serving police officer and 3 yo found dead at residential address, Kidderminster, 13 Aug 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unfortunately this is not a surprise. My heart breaks for their family and friends.
I will never understand under any circumstances how you can take another life, especially that of an innocent child.

Such a sad and tragic set of circumstances.

They must have had a strong suspicion of this from the outset, so why does he get to have a 'loving father' picture to accompany the story and tributes from his family and colleagues? It reeks of special treatment for him due to his job. We have a problem with child killer fathers being portrayed as loving fathers and husbands anyway. It feels terribly wrong and I can't imagine a mother or someone in a different job being given a pass like this case seems to. It's clearly complex and I really get the terrible tragedy of this but really?? This happens way too often to assume anything about the mental state and how that might have played into it. Huge sympathies to the mother and remaining family members and RIP to poor baby Harrison.

They must have had a strong suspicion of this from the outset, so why does he get to have a 'loving father' picture to accompany the story and tributes from his family and colleagues? It reeks of special treatment for him due to his job. We have a problem with child killer fathers being portrayed as loving fathers and husbands anyway. It feels terribly wrong and I can't imagine a mother or someone in a different job being given a pass like this case seems to. It's clearly complex and I really get the terrible tragedy of this but really?? This happens way too often to assume anything about the mental state and how that might have played into it. Huge sympathies to the mother and remaining family members and RIP to poor baby Harrison.

I think this happens when friends and family are able to separate the person from their mental illness. A person can be a good loving parent up until the point something like psychosis takes over. Obviously we don't know this is what happened here, but just an example. MOO

This was my thought. If you look at photos from the scene in earlier releases, the windows of the House all appear to be open.

I'm so conditioned by covid that I would have assumed that opening the windows was a safe working measure with so many people in and around the house

Is it easy to tamper with a household gas supply? How long would it take for a whole house to fill up with enough gas to kill someone?

snipped for focus
Is it easy to tamper with a household gas supply? How long would it take for a whole house to fill up with enough gas to kill someone?
I don't think it's very predictable, the Richmond Hill case was about destroying their home from a gas leak to collect insurance but it was much worse than they had planned.

https://www.wrtv.com/longform/the-4-million-arson-plot-how-greed-sparked-the-richmond-hill-explosion
At 11:11 p.m. on Nov. 10, 2012, a two-story home on the south side of Indianapolis exploded with the force of as much as 5 tons of TNT. The blast – the product of an insurance fraud scheme – killed two people and injured dozens of others. Thirty-three homes were damaged so severely they were deemed unrecoverable, and had to be torn down to the foundation.

I wonder if he was being threatened by criminals due to his job. If then there were relationship problems on top of that, he MAY have felt that he wouldn’t be able to protect the child as Harrison grew up.

I wonder if he was sad or if he was angry over the weeks before.

I don’t think it’s one rule for the police and one for the rest of us. I think it is just that shocked and distraught colleagues are the ones who have to deal with the situation.

It is so very sad.

Unfortunately such tragic cases happen a lot. In my own country there was a case of an ex husband who took his toddler son on a day trip - then stabbed him to death and afterwards comitted suicide throwing himself in front of the dashing train. He wanted to "punish" his wife for divorcing him. RIP sweet baby boy - You didnt deserve it :(

A police officer, who killed his son and then took his own life, struggled with his mental health during the first Covid lockdown, an inquest heard.

David Louden, 39, and three-year-old Harrison were found at their home in Kidderminster on 13 August.
Sgt Louden had been prescribed anti-depressants but decided not to take them, the coroner was told.
David Reid concluded he unlawfully killed his son and then took his own life.
The inquest heard there was no evidence of any third party being involved in the deaths.
The bodies were discovered when Mr Louden's wife, Samantha, who was on a family holiday at the time, alerted a friend that he was not replying to her messages.
Both died from asphyxiation either late on 12 August or early on 13 August, the coroner was told.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit
Back