UK UK - Shaun Ritchie, 20, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, 31 Oct 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

The sister of missing Fraserburgh man Shaun Ritchie has demanded Police Scotland launch a fresh search for her brother after 10 months of talks between officers and an expert grave finder.

Nicole Shand told The Press and Journal she doesn’t understand why discussions are taking so long, saying she has had no contact with officers since the talks began last November.

The discussions are between police and Dr Alastair Ruffell – an internationally renowned forensic geologist who helped in the original search for Shaun.

Officers leading the Shaun Ritchie search were assisted by Professor Lorna Dawson and Dr Ruffell in 2015
In November last year, the scientist said he had new sonar drone technology which he believed could assist officers in a fresh search for the missing 20-year-old.

Nicole Shand, Shaun’s sister, believes if there is any chance the new equipment could help solve her brother’s case then Police Scotland should take it.

medw-nicole-shand-missing-person-case-7_38963032-14lmpvmhc-847x564.jpg
Nicole Shand

She said: “I feel like we have been waiting for a response for a long time now.

“They have been in discussions for a while regarding an answer for a fresh search for my brother Shaun.

“If it has some potential then I feel they should be doing it.

“I haven’t had any contact from the police since it was announced they were in discussions.

“I don’t have to be in regular contact at all times – but it would just be comforting as a family to receive an update of what the plans are.”

It is Shaun Ritchie’s birthday today, please keep his family in your thoughts

A £10,000 reward is being offered to anyone who can provide vital intelligence that leads to the location of Shaun. All communication will be dealt with in a discreet manner, please email findshaunritchie@gmail.com.

If you have any information that could assist the investigation, please phone Police Scotland on 101. If you would prefer to remain anonymous, please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. Alternatively phone/text Missing People charity on 116 000 or email 116000@missingpeople.org.uk quoting reference 14-005705.

Police Scotland:

Missing People:

Facebook:

Twitter: @findshaun

#FindShaunRitchie #MissingPersonsSupport #MissingOnNightOut

Screenshot_20230516-092708_Facebook-01.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics