Found Deceased UK - Shona McKenna, 46, last seen in Shettleston, Glasgow around 1 pm, 4 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
Police at Shettleston are appealing for information to help trace a woman missing from the Shettleston area of Glasgow.

Shona McKenna (46) was last seen in the Shettleston area around 1 pm on Wednesday, 4 January 2023 and was reported missing to police on Monday, 9 January 2023.

She is described as white, 5ft 7, slim build with long fair hair and when last seen she was wearing a knee length cream puffy gilet.

Shona’s friends and family say that her disappearance is out of character and are becoming increasingly concerned.

Anyone who has seen Shona since Wednesday, 4 January or knows of her present whereabouts is asked to contact police immediately quoting incident number 2379 of 9 January 2023.

Screenshot_20230110-122500_Chrome Beta-01.jpeg

Shauna McKenna has been reported missing

Shauna McKenna has been reported missing (Image: Facebook)

The worried family of a missing Scots mum have appealed for help tracing her after her disappearance last week. Shauna McKenna from Shettleston in Glasgow was last seen around 1pm on Wednesday January 4.

The 46-year-old is described as being 5ft 7 and of slim build with long fair hair. She was wearing a grey jumper with a long cream body warmer and dark coloured jeans when she was last seen.

Shauna also goes by Shona. Her devastated daughter Amber said her disappearance is out of character as she appealed for information on social media and urged people to get in touch.

She said: "This is my mum Shauna McKenna (also goes by Shona). My mum hasn’t been seen or heard from since last Wednesday.

"My family and I are extremely worried about her. She was last seen wearing a grey jumper with a white long body warmer with dark coloured jeans. If anyone has seen or heard from my mum please contact me."

Greater Glasgow Police Division have renewed their appeal for sightings of Shona / Shauna, a week on from her disappearance.

The latest update mentions that Shona, 46, was last seen around 12.40 pm on Wednesday, 4 January 2023, walking along Tollcross Road near Carmyle Avenue, Shettleston, Glasgow.

Police have also provided an image showing her in the knee-length cream puffy gilet she was wearing when last seen.

1673427385587.png

Glasgow Central Police Division Facebook page

Really sad news. The warmest condolences to Shona’s Family.
Around 12.20pm, Wednesday, 18 January, 2023, police received report of a woman’s body being found in the River Clyde near Dalmarnock.

A formal identification is still to take place, however, officers believe it to be 46-year-old Shona McKenna, missing from the Shettleston area.

Officers have been in contact with the family.

The death is not being treated as suspicious.

I live in the area and just saw on the Greater Glasgow Facebook page that a body was found in the River Clyde this afternoon and they believe it is Shona. They say the family have been notified and it is not being treated as suspicious.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hallowed_disaster164
Back