GUILTY UK - Six Philpott children, ages 5-13, die in Derby arson fire, 11 May 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is such a terrible case. I kind of get the feeling the parents got someone else to set fire to the house.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/dec/17/derby-fire-deaths-philpott-manslaughter

Mick and Mairead Philpott, from Derby, who were previously charged with murder, pleaded not guilty to six separate counts of manslaughter when they appeared at Birmingham crown court via video-link.

A third defendant, Paul Mosley, 45, who was also previously charged with murder, appeared in the dock at the same hearing and also entered not guilty pleas to the unlawful killing of the children.

BBM

From Rupert Evelyn's Twitter page:

I'm inside Court 1 in Nottingham where the trial of Mick & Mairead Philpott is due to begin

Mick & Mairead Philpott & Paul Mosley are charged with manslaughter of 6 philpott children

Jury have now been sworn in at the Philpott trial. Opening of case expected shortly

Richard Latham QC now opening the case for the prosecution

"On any view, the fire was no accident. Petrol was used to start the fire in the house" say the prosecution

"What is alleged is these children died as a result of unlawful acts"

Prosecution "do not suggest" there was an intention to kill the children

"This is if you like a who dunnit trial" says prosecution. Defendants deny manslaughter charges.

Jury being shown plans and photos of victory road in Derby where the Philpotts lived

Mick philpott is in the dock wearing a suit and tie. 2 security guards between him and his wife Mairead who is wearing a black cardigan

Mick Philpott "had a sexual relationship with both women" he lived with

Mick Philpott expressed a preference for Lisa willis and had talked of divorcing Mairead

Lisa willis got to the point where she found the domestic set-up "unacceptable" say pros

pros says if Philpott knew Lisa's thoughts it would provoke an "unpleasant reaction"

All tweets from last hour.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/feb/12/mick-mairead-philpott-fire-children

Tweets from Rupert Evelyn

Jury hears Mick Philpott "attacked" his girlfriend Lisa Willis with piece of 2x2 wood

Mick "exerted total control" on Lisa willis and his wife Mairead

Mick Philpott told a friend he'd "got a plan up his sleeve"

Philpott is "very controlling and very manipulative he simply will not tolerate dissent" say pros

Mick "just wanted a house full of kids and the benefit money" say prosecution.

Prosecution now getting to the night the fire was started and the children died

Mick's 999 call lasted 8 minutes. Jury being played it now

Mick philpott stands up in the dock crying he "doesn't want to listen to it"

Listening to screams on the 999 call. Mairead puts her hand to her face, crying, in the dock

Mick philpott has his hands on his ears, leaning forward and looking down as the emergency call is played

Jury can hear mick crying while making the call. There's Screaming in the background.

Can hear someone saying "I can't get in, couldn't get in" 999

"A chaotic scene" says prosecution as the call ends

Fireman found "all 6 children still in bed covered by bedding"

All tweets from last hour

Hello browsing guests! I'm sure you've got opinions on this case? Why not join and tell us them? We won't bite!

Rupert Evelyn's Tweets

Back in court. prosecution continuing opening of the case by telling jury the 6 children died of smoke inhalation

Mick was setting up his mistress Lisa Willis as "the culprit" and she was subsequently arrested after the fire

As fire raged Mick ran around screaming the kids were in the house in the back room. But, children were recovered from 3 rooms.

After the fire Mick Philpott was over heard saying "it wasn't meant to end like this"

Prosecution say Mick told witness "He's not got his story right, he's going to drop us or me in it"

Jury told about a prison van exchange between Mick & Mairead. In it Mick says "are we sticking to the story... Don't say anything"

In the bugged prison van Mick also said to his wife "we'll walk through it unless you want me to blab about it"

Audio from bugged hotel room records defendant Paul Mosley having sex with Mairead infront of Mick

Mick told his wife he was "proud" of her for performing a sex act on his friend Paul Mosley.

Jury hear fire was planned "because Mick wanted a bigger house" and petrol residue was found on Paul Mosley's clothes

I don't even know what to say about this. Surely it goes against every fiber of your being to start a fire in a house where your kids are! I can't believe they thought they would get away with it, blame someone else and then get a bigger house and sympathy. Did they really think nobody would get hurt? When it first happened I did not expect the parents were involved at all, the arrests were a shock to me. These poor kids deserved better

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/P...tory-18125465-detail/story.html#axzz2Kg3dZrqn

After his release following his first arrest, Mosley told friends he knew more than he had let on to the police, the court was told.

When asked by a friend whether the Philpotts were behind the fire, Mosley said: “I don’t know, but if they are it’s just something gone wrong,” Prosecutor Richard Latham QC told the court.

Mosley then said: “What if I told you we actually rehearsed it six weeks prior to it happening?,” the jury heard.

He told a friend a plan was set for him to rescue the children from the blaze, the court heard.

Mosley said he was to kick the back door in while the Philpotts ran out of the front of the house and he was then to go upstairs to save the children, Mr Latham told the court.

Mosley said it was because the Philpotts wanted a bigger house, and went on to tell how his friend Mairead Philpott wrote a suicide note which said she would take the children with her next time, Mr Latham said.

“Mairead was to take the blame but it didn’t go to plan, did it?” he added.

Mosley was rearrested following forensic examination of the petrol.

Total petrol residue was found on his clothing, Mr Latham said.

He told police he filled up his car on May 7 but at a BP garage, so he did not know how Total petrol got on his clothes.

In police interview, there was a “blanket denial” from Mosley over having anything to do with petrol or a fire at Victory Road.

The trial has now been adjourned for the day

That 'father' is just absolute scum. I hope a decent sentence is handed out, but I fear it won't be. The mother too, it's just beyond words.

It says everything to me that the police said he showed no emotion after the fire. It sounds like he didn't even seem to care that the plan had gone wrong imo.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/P...tory-18134412-detail/story.html#axzz2KiLYVNOw

Plans of house at link

In cross-examination Ms Willis admits to having had a 'brief sexual relationship' with Mick Philpott's eldest son from a previous relationship, David, in Cheshire, in 2002-3 - while she was seeing Mick Philpott.

Cross-examination of Ms Willis, by Anthony Orchard QC, representing Philpott, begins.

Ms Willis told the court Philpott had a bath once a week or once a month and did not change his clothes very often.

:sick:

I think I need to gather my thoughts before I make comment on this. I'm repulsed.

One question though - bugged hotel room - when/where?

^ They were given a room in a hotel to stay after the fire. It gave the police a good opportunity to bug it and find out what they were saying.

There was another case in Britain not too long ago where some children died in a suspected arson. I don't remember details but I think I saw it on some unsolved U.K. crime site.

I had no idea this happened I just stumbled here tonight.How very horrible for the parents to have murdered their very own children by arson.Just stunned and shocked even though it seems more and more parents are murdering their own or allowing others to do so.Just heartbreaking,it seems here also in the US those who the government provides for only because of the children still does not save them.We need to look deep into our systems of entitlements we give because it seems to me evil people today are having multiple children not because they want ,an love them but because the more children they have equal the more $$$$ and services they get tax free and work free.

^ They were given a room in a hotel to stay after the fire. It gave the police a good opportunity to bug it and find out what they were saying.

So they were having some sort of orgy in the wake of losing 6 children? Words fail me!

So they were having some sort of orgy in the wake of losing 6 children? Words fail me!

I think he's using his wife's sexual favours to keep his friend quiet. The whole thing's gone horribly wrong by this point and he needs to know his friend will stay loyal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back