Found Deceased UK - Susan McLean, 61, U.S. tourist, Aberfeldy, Scotland, 17 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh my gosh :( praying for her family and friends. I didn't read the link.. They found her leaning against a tree?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Susan was found today by two people of our 7-person search group. She was north of Loch Hoil Trial, 1 km from Crieff Rd.

Everything I see is saying pending identification so were they visually able to tell it was her?

The sheer will and determination shown by Lumberjill and HH are incredibly inspiring. I am deeply sorry for Susan's loss. Lumberjill has demonstrated what A friend should be and can be and the love/bond/friendship/devotion runs very deep. The selflessness demonstrated by both these women, HH and LJ is amazing. Susan was waiting for Lumberjill and she knew she would come and she did.

May Susan rest in peace. I hope she has been reunited with some of her beloved horses that crossed the Rainbow Bridge before her. Deepest condolences to her family and friends. Most especially to Lumberjill and HH. You are adored and admired. Xo

Where has the 'found against a tree' part come from? I've not seen that reported anywhere yet.

Where has the 'found against a tree' part come from? I've not seen that reported anywhere yet.

A user posted it. I'm at work so maybe I read it wrong lol

Just spotted it was mentioned upthread. I'm sure more details will come out tomorrow.

So she wasn't too far from the resort then??

So very sad, but also maybe comforting to those needing answers while at the same time fearing the worst?

R I P Susan - your puzzling disappearance vexed many of us here and it is my sincerest hope that your passing was gentle.

It is truly inspirational that your story motivated those beyond kin to seek out and find you. To all the searchers in Aberfeldy: ramblers, dog walkers, tourists, police, friends and family and most especially HippyHippy, Lumberjill and Equivet thank you so, so much...and condolences to all. XOX

God bless you Susan and your family at this sad time. The Scottish people will not forget you! My thoughts go out to your family and friends x x x x

Using Tapatalk

The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and fire. ~Sharon Ralls Lemon

For you Susan McLean :rose:
Beautiful.

I am humbled and inspired by the dedication, love, and sheer damned not-give-upness of Hippy Hippy and Lumberjill. I hold you both in high esteem.

I am so very sorry for Susan to have been found this way, but for Equivet - and everyone who loves her - I am so very glad she can now come home.

This thread has really reminded me that even in the worst of circumstances, good people can - and do - step up and move mountains.

Thank you, both of you.

RIP Susan.

Thank you to Mountain Misst as well. Your insight is is amazing and I truly, truly appreciate your answering my plea. Your analysis explains so much and I truly pray that Susan is finally at peace. Bless you MM. Xo

To Equivet and family-I am so very sorry for your loss, and somehow hoped for the best possible outcome, which wasn't to be. You and your family have a wonderful friend in "Lumberjill".

Here is another link. The info is very general.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/lo...ing-susan-mclean-searchers-find-body-1.894953

“The family of a woman missing from the area has been informed pending formal identification.”

:rose:

Hugs and condolences to equivet, their sons, family and all others who were dear to Susan.

Hi ZaZara,

The main reason the information is so vague is because of the way Police Scotland works. At weekends we generally speak to the control room (who generally say nothing is happening, even when we know about it). However for big events the case is handled by an on-call press officer who sends out a release. We are unable to speak to the on-call person directly and so cannot clarify or expand on the release.
In this case the release was sent out at 19.21 - enough time for the Sunday papers to get a snippet in (and for The Courier to post something online).
The Courier is a daily paper but doesn't publish on a Sunday. I spent all afternoon yesterday in Aberfeldy after being contacted by Lumberjill and am working on an expanded story - however that won't be available online before it's been in the paper

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic
Back