UK UK - Suzy Lamplugh, 25, Fulham, 28 Jul 1986 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
not at the time of her disappearance. i think the 40 lovers were from being about 21 yrs old. the past 20 yrs in her life, which someone said was not many men over that time.

not at the time of her disappearance. i think the 40 lovers were from being about 21 yrs old. the past 20 yrs in her life, which someone said was not many men over that time.

Oh, I thought you meant 40 people she was romantically / sexually involved with at the time she disappeared. I was wondering where a person would find the time! Apologies, I misunderstood.

40 does not seem that high over 15 years.
One of the stories in The Mail in 2009 was that Claudia had 40 lovers in 3 years. The source was an 'unnamed friend', so it should all probably be taken with a large pinch of salt.

The DSI of the Claudia Lawrence enquiry mentioned in The Sunday Times that Claudia had up to a dozen lovers from the previous three years, which is much more reliable source.

So I think the figure is around 12 over 3 years, rather than 40 over 3 or 15 years

yes, i agree, and it made me wonder how many lovers did SL have in her short lifetime. in AS book. he does not give a number. i wonder how many men detectives spoke to regarding SL private life. just curious.
I doubt if AS would know an exact number. Suzy was secretive (as was Claudia Lawrence) and Suzy wouldn't have left much of a paper trail, let alone a digital one, in those days.
Suzy's flatmate said all sorts of people used to telephone the flat for Suzy. Not just her friends in Putney.

I doubt if AS would know an exact number. Suzy was secretive (as was Claudia Lawrence) and Suzy wouldn't have left much of a paper trail, let alone a digital one, in those days.
Suzy's flatmate said all sorts of people used to telephone the flat for Suzy. Not just her friends in Putney.
She may have written about this stuff in the various diaries, including the old ones that she had kept. We don't know what was in them, but given she wrote that she was the most attractive female in the office, seated in the window for any man to see (which she did), it doesn't sound like she held a lot back. It also doesn't sound like they are necessarily reliable, because that bit was inaccurate. It's also possible there were so many names the police thought they'd no chance of tracing them all.

AS quoted from them a bit - mainly to give instances of her dyslexia - but all this told me was that when she wrote "Mr Kipper" in her desk diary, it's not at all clear that's what she meant to write. What actual name does someone with dyslexia mis-spell "Kipper"? One is reminded here of the dyslexic atheist who didn't believe in Dog.

Having a lot of blokes is like driving 100,000 miles a year. It shouldn't be dangerous, but unfortunately it is, in that it heightens the risk you encounter a nutcase. About 5% of people are psychopaths I think, so if you've been involved with 40 men, you've probably encountered about two of them. In fact, any woman may encounter many more, even if not that active. They can fake confident and charming, which means some unlucky women are attracted to them. They're mostly not murderers, but unlike the other 95% of men, there's a chance they are.

She may have written about this stuff in the various diaries, including the old ones that she had kept. We don't know what was in them, but given she wrote that she was the most attractive female in the office, seated in the window for any man to see (which she did), it doesn't sound like she held a lot back. It also doesn't sound like they are necessarily reliable, because that bit was inaccurate. It's also possible there were so many names the police thought they'd no chance of tracing them all.

AS quoted from them a bit - mainly to give instances of her dyslexia - but all this told me was that when she wrote "Mr Kipper" in her desk diary, it's not at all clear that's what she meant to write. What actual name does someone with dyslexia mis-spell "Kipper"? One is reminded here of the dyslexic atheist who didn't believe in Dog.

Having a lot of blokes is like driving 100,000 miles a year. It shouldn't be dangerous, but unfortunately it is, in that it heightens the risk you encounter a nutcase. About 5% of people are psychopaths I think, so if you've been involved with 40 men, you've probably encountered about two of them. In fact, any woman may encounter many more, even if not that active. They can fake confident and charming, which means some unlucky women are attracted to them. They're mostly not murderers, but unlike the other 95% of men, there's a chance they are.
On that basis and assuming the Met got JC right SJL knew 2 straight off, JC & SW.

Excellent point - indeed she did.

We don't know a lot about her backstory because it was known only via police inquiries, and perhaps via the diaries that were never made public. All we know is that DL wanted SJL's personal life suppressed; that the police said she "was a modern young woman"; and that some of what AS left out was "News of the World" material. This tells us little. DL would probably have regarded it as disgraceful if SJL was anything short of still a virgin at 25. The police remark could mean anything, so is meaningless. AS' comment is cryptic but could mean she was in demand and had a busy love life. If, as AS has reported, there was police speculation that SJL was "tomming it", this would fit with DL's dismay and his own NotW remark, but not with the police's own remark - so we can be sure that wasn't happening.

I was friends for a long time with someone whose body count was a few hundred. Underlying it, she was actually fixated on one bloke from her past whom she couldn't have. The rest were about as important as takeaway meals. There is a hint of something like this with SJL and DH, who was still in her life much later. If SJL was highly prolific then she could have had 200 encounters and hence met 10 psychopaths, or more than that if psychopaths were her "type" on brief inspection. Equally I wonder what DH knew about SJL's "secret life"...

Last edited:
Excellent point - indeed she did.

We don't know a lot about her backstory because it was known only via police inquiries, and perhaps via the diaries that were never made public. All we know is that DL wanted SJL's personal life suppressed; that the police said she "was a modern young woman"; and that some of what AS left out was "News of the World" material. This tells us little. DL would probably have regarded it as disgraceful if SJL was anything short of still a virgin at 25. The police remark could mean anything, so is meaningless. AS' comment is cryptic but could mean she was in demand and had a busy love life. If, as AS has reported, there was police speculation that SJL was "tomming it", this would fit with DL's dismay and his own NotW remark, but not with the police's own remark - so we can be sure that wasn't happening.

I was friends for a long time with someone whose body count was a few hundred. Underlying it, she was actually fixated on one bloke from her past whom she couldn't have. The rest were about as important as takeaway meals. There is a hint of something like this with SJL and DH, who was still in her life much later. If SJL was highly prolific then she could have had 200 encounters and hence met 10 psychopaths, or more than that if psychopaths were her "type" on brief inspection. Equally I wonder what DH knew about SJL's "secret life"...
Couldn’t it be the other way round, DH is obsessed with SJL, she’s played him along and the Monday she disappeared she finally gives him the elbow.
AL had been elbowed on Friday, he wouldn’t have been best pleased, but (and this is pure speculation) DH would have been affected more by SJL finally ending it.

Having a lot of blokes is like driving 100,000 miles a year. It shouldn't be dangerous, but unfortunately it is, in that it heightens the risk you encounter a nutcase. About 5% of people are psychopaths I think, so if you've been involved with 40 men, you've probably encountered about two of them. In fact, any woman may encounter many more, even if not that active. They can fake confident and charming, which means some unlucky women are attracted to them. They're mostly not murderers, but unlike the other 95% of men, there's a chance

yes, SL had dyslexia, and maybe she meant to write another name. leslie skipper a friend of hers lived on shorrolds rd at the time, so was she putting his name in there and it came out wrong, mr kipper instead of mr skipper. i dont think we will ever know for sure.

detectives even thought SL might be involved in prostitution. wonder why. i would love to read to case file

detectives even thought SL might be involved in prostitution. wonder why. i would love to read to case file
Very interesting questions you are asking.
What's your source for the prostitution stuff please? And what's the source for Leslie Skipper too?

It's mentioned only to be dismissed by AS in his book. Apparently the police were so amazed at the lifestyle SJL managed on the merely OK money she was on that they wondered whether she might have been on the game. They found no evidence supporting such a thing, and I assume they'd know what to look for.

A simpler explanation is that she got her social life paid for by her men, her car paid for by Sturgis, and much of her mortgage paid for by her lodger, leaving her entire salary available to be spent on whatever she spent it on.

yes, SL had dyslexia, and maybe she meant to write another name. leslie skipper a friend of hers lived on shorrolds rd at the time, so was she putting his name in there and it came out wrong, mr kipper instead of mr skipper. i dont think we will ever know for sure.
I didn’t know she had a friend called Leslie Skipper or that they lived on Shorrolds rd. Not sure if dyslexia would make her miss off the ‘S’ though.

Though I thought she had a friend with the last name Herring who lived or had previously lived on Shorrolds rd, which would support the theory that it was fake appointment.

when SL went missing that day. her work mates checked her diary, and the name they seen in her diary was MR KIPPER. the hairs on the back of my neck would have stood still when i seen that name. what are the chances that such a name would be written down as her next appointment.

Very interesting questions you are asking.
What's your source for the prostitution stuff please? And what's the source for Leslie Skipper too?
prostitution theory was dismissed, but still interesting info. i know rich arabs wanted sexual favours from SL when she done some work for them at a hotel. she refused there offer according to her ex JH.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxooowow
Back