UK UK - Suzy Lamplugh, 25, Fulham, 28 Jul 1986 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On that basis and assuming the Met got JC right SJL knew 2 straight off, Jthey

She may have written about this stuff in the various diaries, including the old ones that she had kept. We don't know what was in them, but given she wrote that she was the most attractive female in the office, seated in the window for any man to see (which she did), it doesn't sound like she held a lot back. It also doesn't sound like they are necessarily reliable, because that bit was inaccurate. It's also possible there were so many names the police thought they'd no chance of tracing them all.

AS quoted from them a bit - mainly to give instances of her dyslexia - but all this told me was that when she wrote "Mr Kipper" in her desk diary, it's not at all clear that's what she meant to write. What actual name does someone with dyslexia mis-spell "Kipper"? One is reminded here of the dyslexic atheist who didn't believe in Dog.

Having a lot of blokes is like driving 100,000 miles a year. It shouldn't be dangerous, but unfortunately it is, in that it heightens the risk you encounter a nutcase. About 5% of people are psychopaths I think, so if you've been involved with 40 men, you've probably encountered about two of them. In fact, any woman may encounter many more, even if not that active. They can fake confident and charming, which means some unlucky women are attracted to them. They're mostly not murderers, but unlike the other 95% of men, there's a chance they are.
they said there was nothing significant in her diary, but they would say that. i would love to read SL diary out of curiosity.

Excellent point - indeed she did.

We don't know a lot about her backstory because it was known only via police inquiries, and perhaps via the diaries that were never made public. All we know is that DL wanted SJL's personal life suppressed; that the police said she "was a modern young woman"; and that some of what AS left out was "News of the World" material. This tells us little. DL would probably have regarded it as disgraceful if SJL was anything short of still a virgin at 25. The police remark could mean anything, so is meaningless. AS' comment is cryptic but could mean she was in demand and had a busy love life. If, as AS has reported, there was police speculation that SJL was "tomming it", this would fit with DL's dismay and his own NotW remark, but not with the police's own remark - so we can be sure that wasn't happening.

I was friends for a long time with someone whose body count was a few hundred. Underlying it, she was actually fixated on one bloke from her past whom she couldn't have. The rest were about as important as takeaway meals. There is a hint of something like this with SJL and DH, who was still in her life much later. If SJL was highly prolific then she could have had 200 encounters and hence met 10 psychopaths, or more than that if psychopaths were her "type" on brief inspection. Equally I wonder what DH knew about SJL's "secret life"...
yes, i wonder what AS left out of the book. what was SL secret that the news of the world would have loved. i have thought many times what was the material he left out of the book. i dont think it was anything sinister.

Couldn’t it be the other way round, DH is obsessed with SJL, she’s played him along and the Monday she disappeared she finally gives him the elbow.
AL had been elbowed on Friday, he wouldn’t have been best pleased, but (and this is pure speculation) DH would have been affected more by SJL finally ending it.
i get the impression that DH was the one for SL. was he the only man SL ever loved.

i get the impression that DH was the one for SL. was he the only man SL ever loved.
I think he probably was, but SJL wanted more and the more she wanted was wealth, property in the affluent part of London and a place in the country.
All these things DH couldn’t provide, however, it appears she may have met someone who could over the week / weekend before she disappeared.
It’s possible that she cut the ties with others like AL & DH (Friday & Monday).
There may have others, but one of these spurned partners most likely killed SJL.

I think he probably was, but SJL wanted more and the more she wanted was wealth, property in the affluent part of London and a place in the country.
All these things DH couldn’t provide, however, it appears she may have met someone who could over the week / weekend before she disappeared.
It’s possible that she cut the ties with others like AL & DH (Friday & Monday).
There may have others, but one of these spurned partners most likely killed SJL.
do you think SL had her eye on a wealthy man she had recently met. was this mystery man mr kipper.

do you think SL had her eye on a wealthy man she had recently met. was this mystery man mr kipper.
Answer yes, I think she did meet a wealthy man, he was in a position to give her what she wanted.
My personal view is that this wealthy man wasn’t Mr Kipper, but that’s just my opinion.

Answer yes, I think she did meet a wealthy man, he was in a position to give her what she wanted.
My personal view is that this wealthy man wasn’t Mr Kipper, but that’s just my opinion.
do you think SL was involved with a married man. was this a rumour or was it true. i believe she was involved with a married man, and im not surprised he did not come forward during the investigation. then there is DL who would not be happy hearing these things. i believe SL only told her mother what she wanted to hear.

do you think SL was involved with a married man. was this a rumour or was it true. i believe she was involved with a married man, and im not surprised he did not come forward during the investigation. then there is DL who would not be happy hearing these things. i believe SL only told her mother what she wanted to hear.
Separating rumours from fact is difficult and with this case probably impossible.
You’re going to have to do some serious digging to confirm she was seeing a married man.
IMO she was, but that’s just my view, I don’t think he had anything to do with her disappearance anyway.
Whoever did make SJL disappear did a good job, IMO that rules out both JC & SW who made no real effort to hide there victims.
Like everything, they could have just got lucky I suppose.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon
Back