UK UK - Suzy Lamplugh, 25, Fulham, 28 Jul 1986 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If I had to answer YES/NO as to whether JC killed Suzy, then I would say NO.

However I still think he's a good suspect.
If it wasn't him, then I'd like to see some other suggestions...

The police have made some colossal mistakes in this case, but I can see why they focused on Cannan. They identified a potential cluster of Suzy, Sandra Court and Shirley Banks, based on an unusual signature.

If JC didn't kill Sandra, then (once again) I'd like to see someone else put forward...

Same with Suzy actually... nobody has a POI or suspect they can allude to?
According to the newspapers in July 86 the Richmond Rapist (IIRC) struck on the 16th July.
Abducting a young female victim and (the police concluded) taking her to Epping Forest. He raped her and left her there, the car was described as a black Ford Capri.
If this isn’t JC, why can’t this same perpetrator not have taken Suzy.
He would need to change his MO and get Suzy to drive to Stevenage Road instead of Shorrolds Road. However, it shows just how the lack of solid Suzy sightings results in different theories fitting.

To add to the adove there was another rape carried out in the same month in Putney tube station toilets. This appears to have been a different perpetrator, demonstrating just how many sex attackers seem to be in the area at the time.

If Suzy didn't take a clipboard with her, I would wonder if there really was a viewing.
Good shout. She didn't have her pocket diary, and if this was a genuine viewing it was the first contact with Mr Kipper. She would / should have been asking for things like his phone number and buying/selling position. How was she planning to note any of this down?

If Suzy had faked the appointment that day, then i can understand why she would of taken the keys and house details so as to make it look as if she was going to Shorrolds Road. But if she was meeting up with someone for an alternate reason, then why not leave the house details in the car? She wouldn't have any need to take them out of the car, but the fact they are missing suggests she did.

It would have made more sense had her purse been missing but the house details were still in the car, but it was the other way round. Purse found in car, no house details.

If Suzy had faked the appointment that day, then i can understand why she would of taken the keys and house details so as to make it look as if she was going to Shorrolds Road. But if she was meeting up with someone for an alternate reason, then why not leave the house details in the car? She wouldn't have any need to take them out of the car, but the fact they are missing suggests she did.

It would have made more sense had her purse been missing but the house details were still in the car, but it was the other way round. Purse found in car, no house details.
It’s generally thought Suzy had a bit of a temper and if DV is correct about the argument in the office that Monday then all the other things bought to light recently add up.
No keys, no details, no clipboard and a client with no card in the cardex system.
This all says “I’m miffed at being stuck here, I’m off for lunch”.
Then add the condition the car was left in, passenger door lock, drivers door open, handbrake off, badly parked with the money & purse in the drivers side door pocket.
This just tends to shout abduction from her car.
Question is where from and by how many perpetrators?
The small details hold a lot of clues if you know what the person was like.

It’s generally thought Suzy had a bit of a temper and if DV is correct about the argument in the office that Monday then all the other things bought to light recently add up.
No keys, no details, no clipboard and a client with no card in the cardex system.
This all says “I’m miffed at being stuck here, I’m off for lunch”.
Then add the condition the car was left in, passenger door lock, drivers door open, handbrake off, badly parked with the money & purse in the drivers side door pocket.
This just tends to shout abduction from her car.
Question is where from and by how many perpetrators?
The small details hold a lot of clues if you know what the person was like.
This could point to a possible abduction at Whittingstall Road maybe? Which in turn would support the lack of sightings of Suzy for the rest of that day.

No offence but apart from the 'opportunistic predator' bit, this is all speculation.
I don't think a random abductor also just happens to be mistakenly identified as Mr Kipper.

What were his multiple cars, and where were his lock ups?
None taken tes ,it is speculation and hypothetically speaking regarding Cannan or random predator taking Suzy on a whim on the way to the wine bar . I was only looking at a different angle what IF it wasn't planned to take suzy or a planned meeting at 12.45 with murder in mind what IF it was a predator seen her walking to her car on Whittingstall and decided in the moment to abduct suzy .
Back to alleged factual information that has been fed to the public that suzy had an appointment with a Mr Kipper at 37SR well that hypothesis has got nowhere in 38 years ,so any other scenario put forward by any poster here is speculation and what IFs don't you think ?

As regards the lock ups and access to multiple cars ,it has been posted in threads that Cannan had a bunch of keys and police tried to find the locks and a poster referenced that Cannan had access to lock ups / warehouses so again I was only again speculating that Suzy may have been brought to one of those .The access to Cars has been well quoted in msm as regards red Sierras , black BMW and the fact his friend owned a garage and whether at the time or not of suzy's disappearance I don't know as he was just out of the prison hostel did he not work in a garage himself on day release from Wormwood Scrubs and this is speculated as to why he may have crossed paths with Suzy in fulham. Prehaps I am wrong and I am open to correction I will also find the articles regarding access to Cars and lock ups

Last edited:
Just seen this.

Cannan was nicknamed “Kipper” by people at a bail hostel where he lived but police did not have sufficient evidence to prosecute him.

Just seen this.

Cannan was nicknamed “Kipper” by people at a bail hostel where he lived but police did not have sufficient evidence to prosecute him.

Is some one reading our threads lol

On a serious note , I speculate his novels cut close to the bone of his crimes . As far as I'm aware Cannan had a stroke and was confined to a wheelchair during this parole hearing which is why it may have been considered releasing him to an open prison. I believe he should die in prison and not be given the grace of dying anywhere else . I highly suspect he is guilty of Sandra courts murder as the MO was the same as Shirley's

.I feel police narrowing of suspects by eliminating all other perpetrators in the area does nothing to ensure bringing closure to Suzys case as even if circumstantial evidence is there connecting JC to the case and possible dna links from sierra ,His barrister can always use the trial by media line .Which so far that has been the reason he is seen as the only suspect .

I'm glad to see the issue of the Mr kipper nickname attributed to cannan cleared up as I wasn't sure from previous articles alleging he recieved the nickname after Suzy by fellow lags or before Suzys disappearance

Is some one reading our threads lol

On a serious note , I speculate his novels cut close to the bone of his crimes . As far as I'm aware Cannan had a stroke and was confined to a wheelchair during this parole hearing which is why it may have been considered releasing him to an open prison. I believe he should die in prison and not be given the grace of dying anywhere else . I highly suspect he is guilty of Sandra courts murder as the MO was the same as Shirley's

.I feel police narrowing of suspects by eliminating all other perpetrators in the area does nothing to ensure bringing closure to Suzys case as even if circumstantial evidence is there connecting JC to the case and possible dna links from sierra ,His barrister can always use the trial by media line .Which so far that has been the reason he is seen as the only suspect .

I'm glad to see the issue of the Mr kipper nickname attributed to cannan cleared up as I wasn't sure from previous articles alleging he recieved the nickname after Suzy by fellow lags or before Suzys disappearance
In the
"In the footsteps of killers" on Ch4 presented by Amilia Fox and David Wilson, JD was asked why JC had never been charged part of his answer revolved around the publicity which ruled a fair trial could not happen.

I wrote this up last night as part of my notes on the case what do people think . I understand if it comes across as honest honeytrapping. It is not intended as this , more of professional line of questions in a cognitive therapy or police interview looking for JCs' help" in catching the 'real " culprit if he says he knows who killed suzy and Sandra court

Screenshot_20240807_153710_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Just seen this.

The Mirror has also captioned one of the photos as 'Lamplugh's remains were found in a field in Worcestershire '......
Don't think so.

I'm not sure the Daily Mirror's line about the name Kipper coming from a bail hostel is reliable. It feels like repetition of stuff heard elsewhere, endlessly repeated but never checked. The source for this nickname that I recall is GP, who was apparently told by Cannan himself that his nickname had been Kipper and that if he had killed SJL he would have buried her somewhere round here (while they were in his car). GP later retracted that statement, so one doesn't really know what to believe.

I'd love to read his novel. I imagine it's about a dashing chap called Don Bannan, who's the "focrum" of the story in a "sedimentary" stage until he gets involved in an exciting adventure set in Macchu "Poochu", or something like that.

I'd love to read his novel. I imagine it's about a dashing chap called Don Bannan, who's the "focrum" of the story in a "sedimentary" stage until he gets involved in an exciting adventure set in Macchu "Poochu", or something like that.
I would love to read it too if only for the psychological angle and to see if it had hidden references to suspected crimes of his or matched any unknown cases although I suspect this has been done. Well one would hope to assume so .

The Mirror has also captioned one of the photos as 'Lamplugh's remains were found in a field in Worcestershire '......
Don't think so.
Either that or it has been prematurely released by The mirror ( just jesting do not take this seriously)

Don't think so.
Such lazy reporting and photograph was lifted from this article in the daily mail about the dig in a Worcestershire field in 2019 .

Human Bones as far as I recall were found in this search but not thought to be suzy.

I do hate when it is not followed up by a report on whose bones they were

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CalamityGirl
Back