UK UK - Suzy Lamplugh, 25, Fulham, 28 Jul 1986 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you plot those places on a map, they take you to the A31. From there you continue onto the M27 and can turn either left to London, or right into Southampton. I reason that no local would take that route to get to Southampton. You would surely choose the A35 route via Burley and Lyndhurst. Not only is it five miles shorter, but more importantly, it goes through the New Forest. This is a much better route off which to ditch evidence, because you can pull off the road to hide it properly.

The A31, in contrast, is a no-stopping dual carriageway. It's the less logical route to Southampton, because you'd be going further to get there, but the more logical route to London for a driver who has a road atlas, no local knowledge, and no reason to go near Southampton. It's not conclusive, of course, but if you've just killed someone and you're from Southampton I'd think you'd want to get off the road ASAP; whereas if you're from London you'd want to get clear of Southampton, IMO.

Good point. With JC's known crimes, he seems to have threatened his victims with a weapon to subdue them, or sought to force his way into their car. He made one victim drive to a place where she could be raped; presumably he had the same in mind for JH, who bravely fought him off from her car. He raped his girlfriend and a shopkeeper in their own property. Whether this is unusual enough to amount to an MO, I don't know. Presumably all rapists rely on threat and require privacy to commit their crime. In SC's, SJL's and SB's cases, we don't know what happened. They were last seen, then never seen again.
One of his MOs seems to be overcoming a victim at their car .in the days of no cctv quite easy to stalk someone in a car park
Re cannon being linked to Sandra court I previously linked this article Screenshot_20240808_164126_Chrome.jpg

Other than catching a suspect in the act .I fail to see how this was not enough evidence to bring a case against Cannan

I previously posted Cannan was known to use sex toys in rapes .He used a strap -on in the rape of his girlfriend and brought a vibrator in his "kit " to rape the victim in the shop maybe he used" tools ' ,.semen evidence in the sandra court murder may well have 'washed away or diluted in a water filled ditch also .

John Cannan has no incentive to confess to any murder or rape on his death bed or otherwise. He is an atheist and he will never gain freedom. The only enjoyment he has is the feeling he has power over the suzy lamplugh case .

The Slp reg plate created by Cannan, What are the odds of it not being a reference to suzy ? I'm not a betting person but if I was placing a bet I know which way I would choose . Shirley Banks car was fitted with this plate before he was charged with the crime. so imo can't really be considered a taunt to law enforcement. And the spray painted car was one of the defining elements of the Prosecution.

Cannan enjoys his games .He likes to see reminders of his crime in his everyday life based on above .
He also is not after body count notoriety like some criminals who confess soon after they have been convicted . He is dangerous because he is only interested in self satisfaction. Even after being convicted of his crimes and denying responsibility he claimed to know who murdered suzy ,sandra and Shirley and he stated it was the same person who killed Shirley.

I do not limit my beliefs into thinking Cannan should be the only suspect in the SJL case but I surmise he is rightly suspected as the perpetrator for her abduction and murder

Last edited:
Just to add to the last short series of posts, IIRC I read in CBD’s book “Prime Suspect” that Cannan frightened his various partners by strangling them during sex.
Obviously not killing them, Sandra Court was strangled (with minimal force) this fits with JC.
Additionally, and there’s obviously no concrete link, but Suzy said a new partner was scary and she was intending to end the relationship.
Okay, CBD doesn’t have an impeccable record for accuracy, but it’s a bit of a coincidence.

I used to live in Southampton. It depends whereabouts you are going and how much of a hurry you're in. We don't know that the subject of the letter lived in the city itself, only that the letter was posted there. It may have been written by a third party.
True, but if this was someone who didn't live in Southampton I wonder where their car was heading.

IMO it seems opportunistic and sexually motivated. Who would have known Sandra would be there at that time?

John Douglas has written about how killers leave bodies. He would say that an accidental death would generally result in the body being left in a more dignified way.

JC lied until confronted with solid evidence. I'm not sure that he lied all the time.
The police have stated it wasn't a sexual assault, her body was fully clothed except for her shoes.

Sandra was stopping at her sister's house, it was her leaving party at her office then on to a nightclub. I would imagine that a few of her family, friends and work colleagues would know where she would end up that night.

Just to add to the last short series of posts, IIRC I read in CBD’s book “Prime Suspect” that Cannan frightened his various partners by strangling them during sex.
Obviously not killing them, Sandra Court was strangled (with minimal force) this fits with JC.
Additionally, and there’s obviously no concrete link, but Suzy said a new partner was scary and she was intending to end the relationship.
Okay, CBD doesn’t have an impeccable record for accuracy, but it’s a bit of a coincidence.
But SC wasn't sexually assaulted, so what fits one way doesnt fit the other.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67
Back