UK UK - Suzy Lamplugh, 25, Fulham, 28 Jul 1986 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There would not have been any phone records in 1986. Itemised billing was not standard. If you wanted it, you had to ask for it to be enabled at the (mechanical) exchange, which took a couple of weeks to set up, and was at extra cost. It did not capture where incoming calls were from, only outgoing ones, nor could you apply it retrospectively. That is, you couldn't enable it today and find out what numbers you rang yesterday - it only worked from the point you set it up.

There would not have been any phone records in 1986. Itemised billing was not standard. If you wanted it, you had to ask for it to be enabled at the (mechanical) exchange, which took a couple of weeks to set up, and was at extra cost. It did not capture where incoming calls were from, only outgoing ones, nor could you apply it retrospectively. That is, you couldn't enable it today and find out what numbers you rang yesterday - it only worked from the point you set it up.
Thank you . There was actually a debate concerning legislation for this in the house of Parliament on the 7th of july 1986 . But would calls that required an operator to connect have been recorded in a ledger by the exchange ? I know the operator took the name of the person you wanted to speak to and then connected the call . So potentially if suzy recieved a call in the office from a car phone the operator would know if a call was made to Sturgis that morning from one ? I wondered was this angle investigated.

The reasoning behind my thinking in case posters think I'm gone mad lol . I'm wondering was the rendezvous point changed last minute . The caller in their car had time to scope out where was quieter and rang suzy last minute . Or possibly the MR kipper was a rich business man with whom suzy was sleeping with or the person with whom she was due to go into business with or purchase a house with . Which could be what she was doing that day not looking at a house for a client but that she was looking at a house that she and the client were to buy together .This businessman could potentially be a criminal in the kray twins sense of the word . I'm just trying to think outside of the box

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark2221
Back