UK UK - Suzy Lamplugh, 25, Fulham, 28 Jul 1986 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And why wouldn't he leave it in the car while they were viewing the house?
Yes, that's what I mean -- if this guy had driven with Suzy to the viewing from Stevenage Road, it would make more sense for him to leave the champagne in the car rather than lug it around a house viewing. Why would you even do that? If this sighting is real, and this man who arrived with SJL in his car to view this house, he would surely leave the champers to get warm and unpleasant in his fancy BMW. If he had turned up there separately to meet her and wanted to impress her by surprising her with a "posh" bottle of fizzy wine with ribbons on it, one might expect him to bring it with him to present to her. I can't imagine Suzy being impressed, but hey.

Or maybe he just won it in a raffle. Or the witness was wrong.

It's fascinating that Doyle gave a better description than Riglin did, yet it's always the artist sketch based on Riglin's account that's used in documentaries etc pointing at Cannan. The obvious reason for using the inferior likeness ever since is that it looks more like Cannan, who doesn't have a broken nose or look like an East End villain.

The bottle of champagne would mark Kipper out as a bit of a twit, frankly, and clearly not a serious business person. Drinking at lunchtime was on the decline by 1986 and didn't really still happen among people who drove as part of their job. If you didn't know this you weren't a genuine yuppie.

It's fascinating that Doyle gave a better description than Riglin did, yet it's always the artist sketch based on Riglin's account that's used in documentaries etc pointing at Cannan. The obvious reason for using the inferior likeness ever since is that it looks more like Cannan, who doesn't have a broken nose or look like an East End villain.
I know, right? It's always the HR sketch that is pulled out when newspapers want to show Mr Kipper next to JC... because it looks more like him than the Doyle photofit does.

I know, right? It's always the HR sketch that is pulled out when newspapers want to show Mr Kipper next to JC... because it looks more like him than the Doyle photofit does.
Even then its at a push and a contortion of the eyes

I did start to wonder if the reconstruction showed that shot because they wanted to portray "Suzy's colleagues looking for her at the house" and thought that shot best accomplished that -- and/or filming them going inside and searching would mean the owner having the inside of his house on TV, plus if you only have time for one or two shots then perhaps they thought the outside one better tells the story? It's annoying though, because it really isn't clear if MG went inside -- it is very ambiguous from the AS narrative too.

Yes, HR seems to claim he was alerted by the sound of the door closing or something, if he is right either Suzy was inside and left or MG went inside and left... or he was just wrong.

I have to say, if I went to search for a missing colleague in a house like that and could not get inside -- I would not be content with just knocking on the door -- would you? You would worry that she had come to some grief inside and could not answer or get to the door, you would surely want to get inside and check she was not lying unconscious or worse). Looking through ground floor windows and a letterbox would hardly cut it. If I were worried enough to report someone missing to the police, I would get a locksmith to open the blooming door first if I didn't have keys myself!
The Crimewatch show has MG going to 37SR around 4.30pm. If he didn't have a set of keys and couldn't get into the property, why go back later?

As you say, AS doesn't make it clear if MG actually went inside 37SR or not. It's only the Crimewatch reconstruction that shows MG & a male colleague outside the property, which of course indicates that Suzy had taken the keys.

After he had been to 37SR, MG called DL around 5pm to tell her that Suzy had gone missing. What has never been mentioned though is that did MG visit the property that Suzy was supposed to view with a client at 6pm? One would of thought he would, just to see if Suzy did turn up for it. As we know she didn't, so if MG did make the 6pm viewing to still find no trace of Suzy, then what would be the point of going back to 37SR?

Unless he had managed to lay his hands on another set of keys?

The Crimewatch show has MG going to 37SR around 4.30pm. If he didn't have a set of keys and couldn't get into the property, why go back later?

As you say, AS doesn't make it clear if MG actually went inside 37SR or not. It's only the Crimewatch reconstruction that shows MG & a male colleague outside the property, which of course indicates that Suzy had taken the keys.

After he had been to 37SR, MG called DL around 5pm to tell her that Suzy had gone missing. What has never been mentioned though is that did MG visit the property that Suzy was supposed to view with a client at 6pm? One would of thought he would, just to see if Suzy did turn up for it. As we know she didn't, so if MG did make the 6pm viewing to still find no trace of Suzy, then what would be the point of going back to 37SR?

Unless he had managed to lay his hands on another set of keys?
According to AS book MG attempted to report suzy as missing to police at around 5pm and as it was busy so he went to another viewing it doesnt state where or with who he then returned to the office and rang at 6.45 and a policeman called him back at 6.50 . Interestingly the policeman asked did he search inside and outside the property and he replied yes .I feel this is why the police didn't arrive at Shorrolds till the Tuesday

In the meantime PL arrived at the police station at about 7pm and he reported his daughter missing too after that I feel because the car was located at Stevenage at 10.01pm PL was brought to identify the car and the search was focused around that with the dogs plus at 12.30am P &DL also brought their dogs to search

Last edited:
This is on page 8 of AS book it will probably get deleted as not a link but a screenshot

Screenshot_20240823_212653_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yes, it is a good question -- perhaps the fact that he went back again later does suggest that he didn't actually get inside the first time, and maybe wanted to recheck to see if he had missed anything, whether he had found a set of keys or not. Bang on the door and windows again, ask the neighbour again. If you went inside and searched it and found nothing you would be less inclined to go back because what is there to check? HR had told MG he had seen the two people leaving the house too.

If he had found another set of keys, though, you'd have thought that would have made him really suspicious that SJL made up the appointment and never went to the house at all and he would have flagged that huge anomaly with the police or told someone in the office because it would have sounded pretty sinister. MG knew the office procedures and that there was just a single set of keys.

I agree, surely someone would have attended the 6pm meeting that SJL had set up with the other client...??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx
Back