UK UK - Suzy Lamplugh, 25, Fulham, 28 July 1986

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the police actually question people of interest, analyse their responces etc or was it that info was just dismissed by the Met as it did not fit in with their Kipper / Shorrolds and then JC narrative? .....

Good question and I strongly suspect that the latter was the case. Once they persuaded themselves there was a real appointment and a real Mr Kipper, that's who they thought they had to find, and that's what they appealed to the public to help them with. So if - for argument's sake - CV had been seen by a passer-by coming out of the PoW at 1pm covered in blood and carrying a heavy suitcase, a/ they'd never have heard about it because Mr Kipper at 37SR and b/ the passer-by would not have connected it with SJL because Mr Kipper.

I don't even think it has to be a psycho.

A male who felt he was severely 'wronged' in some sort of way may have challenged SL on that Monday lunchtime. The ensuing arguement could have escalated, culminating in an attack and death. It's not too hard to envisage ....
Yes. Tempers can flare either way - and a man will usually be physically stronger - whoever attacks first. I just wonder where all this took place. The couple seen arguing in the Stevenage Road area is interesting, but I can't help wondering why the man who 'looked like James Galway' and reported a 'right ruck' to a taxi driver didn't come forward afterwards? Are there any theories on this?

Some great spots this morning :D

You can’t but help fear that Suzy’s secrets are the key to this . I still keep coming back to the pub and her items being taken and then turning up. I just don’t think that’s coincidental.

MOO
Yes, my mind keeps returning to the police officers who apparently didn't turn over the information from the PoW landlord about the phone calls and the number for 'Sarah'. Something very odd there, I think. But maybe DV's book will open up possibilities I haven't even imagined.

According to the 1988 mag article, SJL shared her flat with a younger female before the guy. No idea about the 'putting pressure on' guy - SJL's family have added a lot of additional information over the years that I don't recall the press featuring at the time. DL alerted the police to certain people in SJL's life according to the AS book, but they all checked out OK. I'll find the '88 article.
This neatly fits with the PoW phone calls CV (from DV’s book) said he received on the Monday afternoon. It would depend on CV actually telling the truth, however, it is a bit of a coincidence that SJL was avoiding the couple and CV highlighted that people were trying to get hold of her.

the police officers who apparently didn't turn over the information from the PoW landlord about the phone calls and the number for 'Sarah'. Something very odd there, I think.

The suspicion forms that the information, calls, and phone number didn't exist.

It is beyond credulity that information about where SJL was going the afternoon she disappeared was lost and never acted on by the police.

I don't even think it has to be a psycho.

A male who felt he was severely 'wronged' in some sort of way may have challenged SL on that Monday lunchtime. The ensuing arguement could have escalated, culminating in an attack and death. It's not too hard to envisage ....
DV said as much, “not everyone who committed murder is a serial killer”.

who 'looked like James Galway' and reported a 'right ruck' to a taxi driver didn't come forward afterwards? Are there any theories on this?

Was 'James Galway' responsible for leaving the white fiesta beside Craven Cottage?

CV reportedly had a beard July 1986.

Would 'right ruck' be a term a Northerner would use?

CV worked for a few months in the PoW prior to that Monday being in sole charge. Being relatively new to the area he'd have at least known Fulham FC with the PoW having match day football fans in.

'Galway' was dropped off on the North End Rd. Handy to access West Brompton or Fulham Broadway stations to catch the tube to East Putney and back to the PoW?

The suspicion forms that the information, calls, and phone number didn't exist.

It is beyond credulity that information about where SJL was going the afternoon she disappeared was lost and never acted on by the police.
Two options here, CV is telling the truth and the officers were totally incompetent or he’s telling a pack of lies and he’s guilty.
Just my very simplistic take on it.

This neatly fits with the PoW phone calls CV (from DV’s book) said he received on the Monday afternoon. It would depend on CV actually telling the truth, however, it is a bit of a coincidence that SJL was avoiding the couple and CV highlighted that people were trying to get hold of her.

If those calls were accurately recalled everything about them is weird.

First, a woman calls the pub to tell them to keep SJL there. How did she know to call the pub, and how was the pub staff supposed to keep her there? Then the call from a male supposed police officer - before she had been reported missing - who knew about the cheque book. That makes two people, a man and a woman, who'd no way of knowing where she was going, but who somehow knew she was going to the pub. If this is true, two separate someones were very keen to intercept her. That her stuff was never collected suggests they were successful.

My hunch is that the bogus police officer call was from the kidnapper / killer trying to work out when and where she was expected, and thus how long he had before she was noticed missing. This information can only have come from SJL herself. Both knew she was headed there, but not when.

Last edited:
Was 'James Galway' responsible for leaving the white fiesta beside Craven Cottage?

CV worked for a few months in the PoW prior to that Monday being in sole charge. Being relatively new to the area he'd have at least known Fulham FC with the PoW having match day football fans in.

'Galway' was dropped off on the North End Rd. Handy to access West Brompton or Fulham Broadway stations to catch the tube to East Putney and back to the PoW?
This is a very likely scenario and one that for some reason DV seems to avoid. I feel he knows all about this and is holding it back for some reason, he’s far to smart not to have seen the possibility of a link.

If those calls were accurately recalled everything about them is weird.

First, a woman calls the pub to tell them to keep SJL there. How did she know to call the pub, and how was the pub staff supposed to keep her there? Then the call from a male supposed police officer - before she had been reported missing - who knew about the cheque book. That makes two people, a man and a woman, who'd no way of knowing where she was going, but who somehow knew she was going to the pub. If this is true, someone was very keen to intercept her. That her stuff was never collected suggests they were successful.

My hunch is that the bogus police officer call was from the kidnapper / killer trying to work out when and where she was expected, and thus how long he had before she was noticed missing. This information can only have come from SJL herself. Both knew she was headed there, but not when.
Add this to the James Galway man and you have CV telling a pack of lies, and when you analyse the story it jumps out at you.
The two officers who interviewed him almost a year later were very suspicious, but I’m guessing were told to leave it.

What was the time of this sighting, and when does it date from? If we discard the WJ sighting of B396 GAN in Stevenage Road at 12.45, which I think we have to because DV shows her to be unreliable and her account is refuted by the two guys laying pipes, this has to have happened after 4pm after the pipe-layers left. If this was a July 1986 report it's interesting; if it was 16 years later, much less so.

If 'James Galway' is, for argument's sake, CV, and he was involved, why would he mention any 'ruck' to the cab driver? Why say anything to him at all? At worst, the cab driver might say something like, Well let's drive round and make sure she's all right.

Add this to the James Galway man and you have CV telling a pack of lies, and when you analyse the story it jumps out at you.
The two officers who interviewed him almost a year later were very suspicious, but I’m guessing were told to leave it.

Once again what is interesting in DV's book is all the stuff everyone's heard about but that he inexplicably doesn't even mention: the couple involved in a deal with SJL, the 'James Galway' sighting, the BW sighting.

So what hypothesis would tie these loose ends together? CV's ex was astonishingly defensive when DV tried to interview her, as though she were distancing herself from something she wanted no part of. If CV was part of this then we have four people involved in her murder: the "policeman" caller, the unidentified woman, CV, and perhaps after the fact his ex. Further complicating matters, it appears that SJL spoke to either the landlord, his wife, CV, or CV's ex. So anyone thinking to lure her there knew that as many as three others knew about it, making it a bad idea to target her there.

Did these three / four kill her, then lay a false trail whereby CV dumped her car, mentioned a non-existent ruck to a cabbie, and the other two put in appearances that witnesses picked up? It seems very risky - what if they ran into her colleagues looking for her? And why did they do her harm anyway?

Last edited:
James Galway hails down taxi just off Stevenage Rd, 2 - 2.30pm ....

Attachments

• JG.jpg
    JG.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 16
James Galway hails down taxi just off Stevenage Rd, 2 - 2.30pm ....

So that's a bit of a problem then, because if this was someone who did this after himself dumping SJL's car, he did so while the workmen were still there. It makes it harder for 'James Galway' to be CV.

he did so while the workmen were still there. It makes it harder for 'James Galway' to be CV.

It was reported that the workmen 'saw nothing out of the ordinary' that day in Stevenage Rd.

Would such a common, every day mundane event such as a bearded man parking a white car alone in the afternoon even registered with them?

I doubt they'd have remembered it even if they did actually see it!

If CV was part of this then we have four people involved in her murder

I actually think that CV may have found himself caught up in the events that unfolded that lunchtime. Under a threat himself, he's remained quiet.

There's certainly something not right or which makes sense in what he told the police initially, a year on and also recently to DV. I'd imagine too that the ex Mrs CV has a fair idea what went on that day.

Last edited:
I actually think that CV may have found himself caught up in the events that unfolded that lunchtime. Under a threat himself, he's remained quiet.

There's certainly something not right or which makes sense in what he told the police initially, a year on and also recently to DV. I'd imagine too that the ex Mrs CV has a fair idea what went on that day.
Looking at the reaction of Mrs CV to DV's attempt to interview her I'd agree that she knows something, if that something is not that serious, why not just open up and effectively clear CV of involvement. Unless there's some serious bad blood between them and she's not prepared to assist him in any way.

Two options here, CV is telling the truth and the officers were totally incompetent or he’s telling a pack of lies and he’s guilty.
Just my very simplistic take on it.
For me, the CV 'Sarah',/'Policeman' phone calls stood out the most as highly odd in the post-abduction part of the AS book - and that includes the Mr Kiper and the deserted BMW coincidence! I don't believe that two experienced officers would have mislaid the info on route back to the police station. And yet, the police must have investigated CV's movements on 28 July, 1986. Was he at the PoW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member