UK- Two suitcases believed to contain human remains found, man seen acting suspiciously @ Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol, 11 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Chief Inspector Haywood-Melen said police do not think the suspect is a danger to the community but they're aware of the worry the incident will have caused.

---
I thought that was a bit of an unusual thing to say given the circumstances.

I understand the need to try to promote a sense of normality and calm, but anyone within the community is going to be on heightened alert and would most likely prefer the police to be straight with them. If he wasn't a danger to the community, then this situation may not have come to be. I live in Wales and the news surprised me.
Chief Inspector Haywood-Melen said police do not think the suspect is a danger to the community but they're aware of the worry the incident will have caused.

---
I thought that was a bit of an unusual thing to say given the circumstances.

Is there anyone from Bristol here? Are the police patrolling? I would expect a huge police presence but I just spoke to my relative there and she said she wasn’t even aware!
I understand the need to try to promote a sense of normality and calm, but anyone within the community is going to be on heightened alert and would most likely prefer the police to be straight with them. If he wasn't a danger to the community, then this situation may not have come to be. I live in Wales and the news surprised me.

Is there anyone from Bristol here? Are the police patrolling? I would expect a huge police presence but I just spoke to my relative there and she said she wasn’t even aware!
As you're all already aware I'm not from the area, but according to the articles that I've been reading, BBC and Wales Online thus far, the police are supposedly carrying out high-visibility patrols. Police focus, although not confirmed, could be on searching Leigh Woods at this time as that's where their suspect was heading for. Picture of suspect released after human remains found in suitcases

Not one, but two suitcases? Does that mean more than one victim or that one victim was put into two suitcases?

What did the cab driver think of dropping off a customer with suitcases there? Did the customer explain that destination?

jmo
I'm gonna guess it's an adult whose parts wouldn't fit into one suitcase.

One eyewitness said the man who ran off was shouting in Spanish, as he was chased away from the scene. The man, who said he wished to remain anonymous, was out for a walk with his girlfriend across the bridge from the Leigh Woods side, when he saw a commotion ahead.

"There were two suitcases, one left on the bridge with what appeared to be blood leaking from it, the other case was on the road just after the bridge on the Leigh Woods side," he said.

"There was blood on the floor along the bridge. The man who had the cases ran from the bridge staff and I saw him being chased by a member of the public on a bike - he was shouting something in Spanish.

"The cyclist followed the man, who was wearing a dark or black clothing, and was seen running down Burwalls," he added.
Very recently murdered then :(

Two recent similar cases had the killer and victims both living at the same address. If this is a common feature of such crimes, then it would suggest he's more of a danger to those living in close proximity to him than to random members of the public. Plus he's already done the murder part.

Gosh, it all happens in Bristol, doesn't it. Bristol has excellent CCTV and that's a very clear and detailed image. I can't believe someone won't recognise and identify him soon. If no one comes forward that will tell a story too imo.

I'm glad the police have said they don't suspect a link with Jack O'Sullivan, as I'm sure that's the way many people's thoughts jumped, mine included. The blood leaking from one of the suitcases seems to suggests a recently deceased victim.

It's a gruesome business for sure.

jmoo

shouting in spanish reportedly.....possibly from Domincan Republic or somewhere similar?.....obviously going to be based in the Bristol area i'd think
Could Portuguese be mistaken for Spanish?

I'd say Spain, Portugal, DR, or Brazil if we can include Portuguese.

Those pictures don’t look like cctv to me they look like someone has actually approached him and taken pictures using their smartphone
I thought the same. Fully expected it to be from the cyclist that chased him.

Man chased by cyclist' - eyewitnesspublished at 16:28
16:28​

Mr Wright said he "heard commotion" behind him and saw a cyclist "chasing a man".

"I thought this was all strange and odd but tried to remain calm," Mr Wright said.

"I could see the cyclist had reached the guy down the hill and they had a quick interaction.

"We saw that and then turned around and walked back the way we came.

"Then the cyclist came back towards us alone when we got back to the Leigh Woods side of the bridge."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalto677
Back