UK- Two suitcases believed to contain human remains found, man seen acting suspiciously @ Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol, 11 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Plus left other body parts behind to be found/traced so really what was the point?
It would be difficult to get away with putting a body (or two) out with the rubbish but smaller body parts probably wouldn't be detected or affect the weight of the bin. I speculate he could have removed their hands and heads to prevent identification.

Why Bristol?
Is the choice of the city for dumping the suitcases significant?
Or totally random?

Like,
Oh there is a train to Bristol soon, so I'll take it.
:rolleyes:
I wonder if he meant the suitcase to be carried "out to sea" but got the location wrong?? It's such a strange destination considering the crime didn't happen nearby.

jmo

It would be difficult to get away with putting a body (or two) out with the rubbish but smaller body parts probably wouldn't be detected or affect the weight of the bin. I speculate he could have removed their hands and heads to prevent identification.
Spectacularly unsuccessfully then, considering the suitcases were left on the bridge just before midnight on Wednesday, and the police arrived at Scotts Road in Shepherd's Bush in the small hours of Friday morning. Something in those cases made their contents extremely easy to identify, despite the change of venue.

jmoo

Spectacularly unsuccessfully then, considering the suitcases were left on the bridge just before midnight on Wednesday, and the police arrived at Scotts Road in Shepherd's Bush in the small hours of Friday morning. Something in those cases made their contents extremely easy to identify, despite the change of venue.

jmoo
I'm guessing the taxi driver was able to provide means of identifying him by his phone booking or payment method, and police were able to trace him to that address, perhaps from an address registration somewhere, maybe even as a student, and then upon forcing entry they discovered something had happened to the householders. JMO

Could Portuguese be mistaken for Spanish?

I'd say Spain, Portugal, DR, or Brazil if we can include Portuguese.
Possibly. IMO Joe Bloke who goes for an annual 10-day holiday in Spain, would not be able to distinguish between the two, and even someone who is good with languages might have to hear a couple of sentences.

jmoo
Allegedly it was the blood seeping out of one suitcase that caught the attention of other people on the bridge.
ETA: I see that your comment was about the content of the suitcases. I was wondering about that as well. Perhaps they were identified after the crime scene had been discovered in London. The perp was probably identified first (IMO).

Last edited:
Since some of the remains were found in London, there didn't have to be entire bodies in the suitcases. The suitcases likely had wheels (an article mentioned wheels being broken).
If the wheels were intact when he set off and broke on the journey, it could explain how he was able to get on and off the train by himself, despite the cases being too heavy to be carried any distance.

(Edit: I'm assuming that he did arrive by train since he didn't seem to have access to a car... not sure if police have confirmed that?)

We know what he said now- the video and a translation are shared here

We know what he said now- the video and a translation are shared here
From the link above:

Sources said two men – one a wheelchair user - living at the crime scene had planned to travel to Bristol before they went missing.

They were said to know the suspect in the murder probe.

ETA: So his story would have been that they left for Bristol and could have been murdered there.

From the link above:

Sources said two men – one a wheelchair user - living at the crime scene had planned to travel to Bristol before they went missing.

They were said to know the suspect in the murder probe.

ETA: So his story would have been that they left for Bristol and could have been murdered there.
I'm also wondering if he was their care provider since he seemed to have referred to at least one of them as his boss. So, maybe he had a train ticket in advance as well as a specific destination in mind, where he would put the bodies as if they were murdered by someone there. (speculation)

Wow, this case unfolding bit-by-bit in ways unexpected from the start, imo.

I'm guessing the taxi driver was able to provide means of identifying him by his phone booking or payment method, and police were able to trace him to that address, perhaps from an address registration somewhere, maybe even as a student, and then upon forcing entry they discovered something had happened to the householders. JMO
Wonder where the man arrested in Greenwich and then released fits into it all ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen
Back