UK- Two suitcases believed to contain human remains found, man seen acting suspiciously @ Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol, 11 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok. From Sun footage I only hear "Muy malo", nothing else, as he runs away.

Not sure where the jefe stuff can be found? Let me know pls!
I can hear it more clearly if I aim my phone speaker directly toward my ear instead of watching the video.

The cyclist says something first — sounds like “Mira”? (“Look” in Spanish.) Then the suspect says, “Vete, vete” (“Go away, go away”), “mi jefe es muy malo.”

(Although he’s speaking quickly and running his words together, so the “es” ends up sounding dropped — like “Mi jefe e’ malo.”)

The “muy malo” at the end just sounds louder because by that point the camera is closer to his face.

Not to mention
he decided to return by train too.
Conveniently for Police.

Why to waste already bought tickets? :rolleyes:
I agree, it sounds ridiculous. I just can’t fathom why he would be at the train station or how he’s traveled there without a car otherwise!

He clearly has lived in the UK and would surely know that train stations have a lot of security, and often have police at them. Maybe he did want to be caught like some others suggested in earlier posts.

I can hear it more clearly if I aim my phone speaker directly toward my ear instead of watching the video.

The cyclist says something first — sounds like “Mira”? (“Look” in Spanish.) Then the suspect says, “Vete, vete” (“Go away, go away”), “mi jefe es muy malo.”

(Although he’s speaking quickly and running his words together, so the “es” ends up sounding dropped — like “Mi jefe e’ malo.”)

The “muy malo” at the end just sounds louder because by that point the camera is closer to his face.
Yes I was about to say I also hear the cyclist saying 'mira' first which suggests the cyclist already knew that the other guy spoke Spanish? Maybe from a previous interaction? Or he was just saying it for the camera. I guess that the cyclist happened to also be Spanish-speaking (not super unlikely as there is a large Spanish-speaking community in Bristol). MOO

Yes I was about to say I also hear the cyclist saying 'mira' first which suggests the cyclist already knew that the other guy spoke Spanish? Maybe from a previous interaction? Or he was just saying it for the camera. I guess that the cyclist happened to also be Spanish-speaking (not super unlikely as there is a large Spanish-speaking community in Bristol). MOO
If we’re right, it seems to me like an odd thing for the cyclist to say to the guy. What could he have meant by “Look”? Was he trying to reason with him, as in “Hey look here, listen to me”? Was he thinking he was recording for an audience, telling his followers, “Look at this guy”? Or was he telling the guy to look at his camera, like “See, I’m recording you”?

Totally unimportant, just seemed strange to me. But who knows what could be going through his head as he’s chasing a guy who had a bloody suitcase.

I had the same thought, perhaps Yostin was muttering to himself about the suitcases in Spanish which alerted the cyclist?

'Malo' can mean many things in Spanish.
It could be that he was saying that his boss is/was very sick, unhealthy.

IMO He could have been attempting to justify what he may have done to him, because he was ill.

ETA. If his English is poor, I wonder if he showed the taxi driver a photo of the bridge. The location is significant and not random IMO.

JMO.

Last edited:
If we’re right, it seems to me like an odd thing for the cyclist to say to the guy. What could he have meant by “Look”? Was he trying to reason with him, as in “Hey look here, listen to me”? Was he thinking he was recording for an audience, telling his followers, “Look at this guy”? Or was he telling the guy to look at his camera, like “See, I’m recording you”?

Totally unimportant, just seemed strange to me. But who knows what could be going through his head as he’s chasing a guy who had a bloody suitcase.
I am not a fluent Spanish speaker but live in a neighborhood with a huge Spanish-speaking population. People say "mira, mira" as a way to get someone's attention, sort of like meaning, "hey, hey!" It doesn't literally have to mean "look." It is a common everyday expression.

The words in the interaction don't seem off-base to me, other than the whole situation is off-base.

jmo

It can mean exactly that - like in English you can say “look” or “listen”. Almost like an interjection to emphasise what you’re saying next. I can imagine someone saying something like “look, stop running” or muttering something to themselves like “look, there he goes”. Could be talking to the guy but not necessarily.

I see why you may think he could be taking to an audience, but I really don’t think so - in Spanish the verb changes according to subject so he’d use the 2nd person plural of the imperative (mirad) rather than singular (mira).

'Malo' can mean many things in Spanish.
It could be that he was saying that his boss is/was very sick, unhealthy.

IMO He could have been attempting to justify what he may have done to him, because he was ill.

ETA. If his English is poor, I wonder if he showed the taxi driver a photo of the bridge. The location is significant and not random IMO.

JMO.

Malo can also mean sick or unwell, you’re right, but he says “es muy malo”. In spanish we have two verbs to say “to be”, ser and estar. Ser is used to talk about what something is - the qualities and characteristics that are permanent and essential to what we are talking about. Estar is used when talking about how something is - transient states and conditions such as health.

Basically, if he was saying that his boss is sick, he’d say “mi jefe está malo”. When he says that “mi jefe es malo” he's saying that his boss is, by his very nature, a bad dude.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back