UK- Two suitcases believed to contain human remains found, man seen acting suspiciously @ Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol, 11 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Police said that they do not believe there was a 'homophobic motive' from the evidence gathered so far, but they have initially categorised the incident as a 'hate crime' under national guidelines. [...]

Police said that they do not believe there was a 'homophobic motive' from the evidence gathered so far, but they have initially categorised the incident as a 'hate crime' under national guidelines. [...]

The Metropolitan Police's definition of Hate Crime here -

A man has been charged with the murder of two men after human remains were found in London and Bristol.
Yostin Andres Mosquera, 34, of Scotts Road, Shepherd’s Bush, was arrested in Bristol in the early hours of Saturday morning.
The remains were found in suitcases at Clifton Suspension Bridge on Wednesday, while further remains were found at an address in Scotts Road on Friday.
The two victims have now been named as Alberto Alfonso, 62, and Paul Longworth, 71. Mr Longworth and Mr Alfonso had previously been in a relationship and still lived together at the Scotts Road flat.

Not looking for anyone else​

Both victims were known to the arrested man, Mr Mosquera, and he had been staying with them at their flat for a short period of time, the Metropolitan Police confirmed.
Mr Longworth was British and Mr Alfonso was originally from France with British citizenship.
Police said they did not believe, at this stage, it was a homophobic attack but it had been a categorised as a hate crime.
Deputy Assistant Commissioner Andy Valentine said: "I hope it will be of some reassurance that whilst enquiries are still ongoing and the investigation is at a relatively early stage, we are not currently looking for anyone else in connection with the two murders.
“Officers have worked with the pan-London LGBTQ+ Independent Advisory Group (IAG) since the identity of the two victims and their sexuality was established. Their advice, expertise and support for the investigation has been extremely valuable."
Mr Mosquera will appear at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court later today.

I wonder if this has to do with inheritance. It bears a striking similarity to the Jemma Mitchell case. After murdering her victim she forged her will and transported her remains in a suitcase from London to Devon. Thread here GUILTY - UK - Mee Kuen "Deborah" Chong, 67, Wembley, London, decapitated in woods, Salcombe, Jun 2021 *arrest
It does feel similar to that one, but also feels slightly different. I remember the barebones of that case but not the details. Did she plan the murder in advance or was it a sudden decision? Didn't Mitchell at least have her own car for transport?

This one feels more sudden and panicked to me. But I could be wrong as I don't recall the exact details of the other case.

ETA the final post (currently) in that thread says Mitchell planned everything 'meticulously'. This does not feel meticulously planned.

It does feel similar to that one, but also feels slightly different. I remember the barebones of that case but not the details. Did she plan the murder in advance or was it a sudden decision? Didn't Mitchell at least have her own car for transport?

This one feels more sudden and panicked to me. But I could be wrong as I don't recall the exact details of the other case.

ETA the final post (currently) in that thread says Mitchell planned everything 'meticulously'. This does not feel meticulously planned.
She used a taxi to take the case from the victim's flat to her own home, and hired a car to drive to Devon.

I'm not sure if this feels sudden and panicked to me. He would have had to factor in killing two people and either of them not raising the alarm. It could have been his sole intention for coming to England and living with them for a while, but he might not have had the same means that JM had to accomplish it. Just speculating.

I still feel strongly, even more so now, that this is about a sexual encounter, gone wrong, unwanted, miscommunicated intentions, perhaps a good serving of internalised homophobia. I think it feels quite unusual for a heterosexual man from a conservative catholic country to end up house sharing with two gay men who were (at one time) in a relationship.

Whether this is a cuckooing situation or an open relationship that got complicated or someone misread signals, acted on perceived signals, and there was a violent reaction, perhaps combined with substance use. This just feels quite personal and I agree quite panicked. JMO

I still feel strongly, even more so now, that this is about a sexual encounter, gone wrong, unwanted, miscommunicated intentions, perhaps a good serving of internalised homophobia. I think it feels quite unusual for a heterosexual man from a conservative catholic country to end up house sharing with two gay men who were (at one time) in a relationship.

Whether this is a cuckooing situation or an open relationship that got complicated or someone misread signals, acted on perceived signals, and there was a violent reaction, perhaps combined with substance use. This just feels quite personal and I agree quite panicked. JMO
Do we know he is heterosexual?

One has to wonder why he didn't just leave the bodies in the home and leave on the next plane, where he could disappear and if they identified and found him claim they were alive when he left. No dismembering required. He went to a considerable trouble in removing them, perhaps to make it look like they just disappeared, but for what gain, if it hadn't gone wrong?

One has to wonder why he didn't just leave the bodies in the home and leave on the next plane, where he could disappear and if they identified and found him claim they were alive when he left. No dismembering required. He went to a considerable trouble in removing them, perhaps to make it look like they just disappeared, but for what gain, if it hadn't gone wrong?

I am guessing this guy is no Einstein!

Good points.

I wonder how many bedrooms were in the flat? And I wonder what kind of visa he was here on.

Last edited:

My thoughts exactly.

I don’t think it would make sense for him to talk about a bad “friend,” though? That would mean nothing to the cyclist, with no context.

But saying he has a “bad boss” could be universally understood as either a threat to the cyclist (Stay out of this, you don’t know who you’re messing with) or an expression of fear about his boss’s retaliation (Leave me alone, my boss will kill me if I mess this up).
That's on me. I honestly didn't look at the video as I was away so didn't realise the context until after I read back through the posts. I was just saying that around our area it is not unknown for people to be called "boss" despite not knowing the person in question. I call people "mate" a lot without knowing who I'm talking to. It's just something a lot could say automatically and without giving it much thought. People new to the area pick this up really quickly as it helps them feel as though they're settling in faster than they originally anticipated. Whilst on the subject, I heard on the radio during my commute this morning that his trial is expected later today at Wimbledon Magistrates Court - glad to see progress has been made.

I would guess that it was simply that he wanted to continue living there and possibly claiming their pensions/benefits as if they were still alive.

This new Daily Mail article shows a photo of the men with Yostin on some kind of speedboat. I mirror flipped the image and the logo on their life jackets seems to match Hotel Isla Del Encanto in Colombia - possibly where they met him?

View attachment 518000
It's sad that two men opened their lives to someone to help them and this is how Yostin repays them. I wonder if the timing of Bristol Pride was just a tragic coincidence. An article from the BBC suggests that the police are waiting to see if they discover further evidence before concluding that trail of enquiry.

is the thinking still that he came by train before grabbing the cab? I can't get past him supposedly struggling with the suitcases on a train unless he had help
JMO- but having used the London to Bristol train route for years it isn't that unusual for people to have a lot of often heavy luggage- the racks are usually full and people will often help others out without thinking much of it. I suspect given the what seems to be pretty chaotic and poorly thought out nature of all of this it wasn't considered that even when deceased blood will often 'leak'; I doubt it was thought about and depending on the journey it's not a given this would have been an issue on the train, if they were transported this way. It sounds wild knowing what was in them, but a man travelling with 2 cases even if they were super heavy wouldn't stick out as being overly unusual, neither would people helping lift them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back