UK- Two suitcases believed to contain human remains found, man seen acting suspiciously @ Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol, 11 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JMO- but having used the London to Bristol train route for years it isn't that unusual for people to have a lot of often heavy luggage- the racks are usually full and people will often help others out without thinking much of it. I suspect given the what seems to be pretty chaotic and poorly thought out nature of all of this it wasn't considered that even when deceased blood will often 'leak'; I doubt it was thought about and depending on the journey it's not a given this would have been an issue on the train, if they were transported this way. It sounds wild knowing what was in them, but a man travelling with 2 cases even if they were super heavy wouldn't stick out as being overly unusual, neither would people helping lift them.
Wouldn't they smell?

Wouldn't they smell?
From personal experience of emergency services work - not necessarily if they were killed recently.

It's usually a couple of days before a noticeable odour begins (dependent on weather). In the UK it has recently been mild and humid - but not particularly hot. Around 13-18 degrees Celsius.

A man has been charged with the murder of two men after human remains were found in London and Bristol.
Yostin Andres Mosquera, 34, of Scotts Road, Shepherd’s Bush, was arrested in Bristol in the early hours of Saturday morning.
The remains were found in suitcases at Clifton Suspension Bridge on Wednesday, while further remains were found at an address in Scotts Road on Friday.
The two victims have now been named as Alberto Alfonso, 62, and Paul Longworth, 71. Mr Longworth and Mr Alfonso had previously been in a relationship and still lived together at the Scotts Road flat.

Not looking for anyone else​

Both victims were known to the arrested man, Mr Mosquera, and he had been staying with them at their flat for a short period of time, the Metropolitan Police confirmed.
Mr Longworth was British and Mr Alfonso was originally from France with British citizenship.
Police said they did not believe, at this stage, it was a homophobic attack but it had been a categorised as a hate crime.
Deputy Assistant Commissioner Andy Valentine said: "I hope it will be of some reassurance that whilst enquiries are still ongoing and the investigation is at a relatively early stage, we are not currently looking for anyone else in connection with the two murders.
“Officers have worked with the pan-London LGBTQ+ Independent Advisory Group (IAG) since the identity of the two victims and their sexuality was established. Their advice, expertise and support for the investigation has been extremely valuable."
Mr Mosquera will appear at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court later today.

I think there was a violent disagreement over something in their home and the perp hurt and killed one, and then he had to kill the other. I don't think it was planned but a situation that escalated and my hunch it was about money.

I think the men might have been planning to go to Bristol anyway, so the perp went there with the hopes he could leave the bodies there to cast suspicion on someone attending the parade.

The hate-crime aspect might be that he hoped LE would suspect a Pride parade attendee as the perp.

jmo

This new Daily Mail article shows a photo of the men with Yostin on some kind of speedboat. I mirror flipped the image and the logo on their life jackets seems to match Hotel Isla Del Encanto in Colombia - possibly where they met him?

View attachment 518000
I am new here, but there is one angle which seemed to be missed here.As an LGBTQI Person It is very common than most people think. Which is older gay men travelling to Colombia looking for young men and promise them a good life , again this is just to put possibility out there. It’s really sad but that’s what poverty does, some are even have wives/ partners but agreed to come to UK Only to find themselves are just sex object and taking care of the olderly. Visa expires families back home expect something and they are trapped. Language barrier and isolation they are scared to ask for help.I thought of this straight away when I saw his photo he looked scared and hopeless and nothing looked planned it more like snapping assault one, died the other threatening calling police then assault the next one too .

I am new here, but there is one angle which seemed to be missed here.As an LGBTQI Person It is very common than most people think. Which is older gay men travelling to Colombia looking for young men and promise them a good life , again this is just to put possibility out there. It’s really sad but that’s what poverty does, some are even have wives/ partners but agreed to come to UK Only to find themselves are just sex object and taking care of the olderly. Visa expires families back home expect something and they are trapped. Language barrier and isolation they are scared to ask for help.I thought of this straight away when I saw his photo he looked scared and hopeless and nothing looked planned it more like snapping assault one, died the other threatening calling police then assault the next one too .
Welcome to Websleuths. Thanks for that insight- it seems to fit this case.

jmo

Welcome to Ws Russelhobb, very plausible scenario! imo.

July 15 '24 rbbm
''Yostin Andres Mosquera, 34, of Scotts Road, W12 was arrested in Bristol in the early hours of Saturday (July 13) morning.
He was charged in the early hours of today (Monday, July 15) with two counts of murder and will appear in custody later today at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court.''

“Officers have worked with the pan-London LGBTQ+ Independent Advisory Group (IAG) since the identity of the two victims and their sexuality was established. Their advice, expertise and support for the investigation has been extremely valuable.''
''Anyone who has information that may assist the investigation is urged to call police on 101 with the reference 306/12JUL. Information can also be provided to the LGBTQ+ charity Galop by visiting www.galop.org.uk''

Someone newer than meee! Welcome - this is a lovely welcoming community. Thanks for the insight - interesting POV.

Mr Longworth was just days away from retiring and going travelling......

Neighbour who lives opposite their flat: 'Albert and Paul were lovely guys. It's devastating. They were both really friendly and polite and smiled a lot. I last saw Paul a month or so ago in the pub and he told me that he was retiring. He told me "I've only got two days left that I have to go to work".
'He was really happy about it. He said he was also due to go to Pride in Brighton.

Mr Longworth was a regular at the Shepherd and Flock pub close to his flat. A member of staff said..... He told me recently that he had just retired and was looking forward to travelling more....

Good find.

jmo

edited to add: he's definitely been to Colombia. The captions of the photos indicate the locations.
Yes looks like he had a great love of the country for many years according to his photography.

They say every day is a school day but reading around Colombia now I didn't realise it was voted one of the best countries for Gay travel

Mr Longworth was just days away from retiring and going travelling......

Neighbour who lives opposite their flat: 'Albert and Paul were lovely guys. It's devastating. They were both really friendly and polite and smiled a lot. I last saw Paul a month or so ago in the pub and he told me that he was retiring. He told me "I've only got two days left that I have to go to work".
'He was really happy about it. He said he was also due to go to Pride in Brighton.

Mr Longworth was a regular at the Shepherd and Flock pub close to his flat. A member of staff said..... He told me recently that he had just retired and was looking forward to travelling more....

I'd like to hear if the neighbors have seen the perp before - was he a familiar face to neighbors or a stranger?

jmo

July 15 '24
#Crime #Bristol #London
A man has been charged with murder following the discovery of human remains in two suitcases in Bristol and a London flat.
  • 6 hours ago
Police investigating after two bodies were found in suitcases on Clifton Suspension Bridge in Bristol have named the victims and charged a man with murder July 15, 2024

Wondering if the perp had any connections to Medallin Colombia? speculation, imo.

Yes looks like he had a great love of the country for many years according to his photography.

They say every day is a school day but reading around Colombia now I didn't realise it was voted one of the best countries for Gay travel
I'm enjoying looking through his photos of places where I have never been before, but it is also making me sad as it hits this is about real people, not just "bodies in suitcases." :(

jmo

Wondering if the perp had any connections to Medallin Colombia? speculation, imo.

So the hate-crime aspect could be the men were lured specifically by their sexuality into being crime victims? idk

I'm still thinking one or both men hired the perp in some capacity (like personal assistant, household help, etc), and that's why he called one "jefe."

I do think it's possible they met in Colombia, hit it off, and one man or both arranged for him to move to U.K. Or, they met him in U.K. and were interested in him because of a connection to past travels to his country.

jmo

One has to wonder why he didn't just leave the bodies in the home and leave on the next plane, where he could disappear and if they identified and found him claim they were alive when he left. No dismembering required. He went to a considerable trouble in removing them, perhaps to make it look like they just disappeared, but for what gain, if it hadn't gone wrong?
Exactly .Very strange behaviour on his part

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back