UK- Two suitcases believed to contain human remains found, man seen acting suspiciously @ Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol, 11 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wondering if the perp had any connections to Medallin Colombia? speculation, imo.

I thought I'd explore this further as your post and Russelhobb's really got me thinking and I discovered that violence towards the LGTBQ+ community is ongoing as stated in an article from the WOLA website. Within the article it states that although there is a number of legal frameworks in place within Latin America, with the strongest frameworks being within Colombia, they are rarely enforced with the country registering the highest number of killings of LGTBQ+ people over a five-year period. Other than for sourcing, I'll post the article up here for people to read should they have the time.

I thought I'd explore this further as your post and Russelhobb's really got me thinking and I discovered that violence towards the LGTBQ+ community is ongoing as stated in an article from the WOLA website. Within the article it states that although there is a number of legal frameworks in place within Latin America, with the strongest frameworks being within Colombia, they are rarely enforced with the country registering the highest number of killings of LGTBQ+ people over a five-year period. Other than for sourcing, I'll post the article up here for people to read should they have the time.

I'm curious if there are examples of this spilling into U.K. (or other countries) from Colombia? Is it a "goal" perhaps to leave the country through LGTBQ+ connections?

I'm thinking perhaps the perp used the couple as his ticket out of Colombia, perhaps not to intentionally kill them but to live a better life....but old habits die hard and he took advantage of them financially and then got violent??

Do we know when the perp arrived in UK?

jmo

Mr Longworth was just days away from retiring and going travelling......

Neighbour who lives opposite their flat: 'Albert and Paul were lovely guys. It's devastating. They were both really friendly and polite and smiled a lot. I last saw Paul a month or so ago in the pub and he told me that he was retiring. He told me "I've only got two days left that I have to go to work".
'He was really happy about it. He said he was also due to go to Pride in Brighton.

Mr Longworth was a regular at the Shepherd and Flock pub close to his flat. A member of staff said..... He told me recently that he had just retired and was looking forward to travelling more....

So in the last couple of weeks Paul has been spending more time at home following retirement from his work.
The hate crime may be to do with one of the victims is noted as having been a wheelchair user. I am just not sure I've seen anywhere where it says which one of them it was. Anyone else?

Colombia legalized same-sex sexual activity in 1981, but there are other countries in Latin America where it has been legal much longer than in the US and the UK, or in other European countries. There are more than 10 countries in the Americas where same-sex sexual activity has legal since before 1900! and other places where it's never been illegal.

So in the last couple of weeks Paul has been spending more time at home following retirement from his work.
The hate crime may be to do with one of the victims is noted as having been a wheelchair user. I am just not sure I've seen anywhere where it says which one of them it was. Anyone else?

Good point. (I'm assuming the older man was in the wheelchair, but perhaps that's ageism on my part! Would be curious to know if its the same person as the man who traveled and posted photos.)

jmo

'Assisted by a Spanish interpreter, Mosquera spoke only to confirm his name, address and date of birth in a short hearing at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court.'
'Mosquera is expected to next appear at the Old Bailey on Wednesday'
rbbm
''Both victims were known to the man arrested and he had been staying with them at the Scotts Road flat for a short period of time.

We are making thorough enquiries to establish whether there may be any linked offences in the UK or overseas but so far none have been identified. Detectives will continue to build a full picture of the circumstances, including any previous incident that may be linked in any way to this case.''

Good point. (I'm assuming the older man was in the wheelchair, but perhaps that's ageism on my part! Would be curious to know if its the same person as the man who traveled and posted photos.)

jmo
I wonder if it wasn't AA in the wheelchair, as there appears to be some kind of support behind his head in the photo taken in the boat, and he seems to have difficulties keep his head up, compared to the other two.

View attachment 518058

View attachment 518059
Yostin Andres Mosquera, charged with two counts of murder, arrives at Wimbledon Magistrates Court CREDIT: Belinda Jiao for The Telegraph
The victims befriended him and he killed them. :(

I'm wondering if the men helped him get to U.K. and he became greedy and demanding. When they resisted that, he got violent.

jmo

'Assisted by a Spanish interpreter, Mosquera spoke only to confirm his name, address and date of birth in a short hearing at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court.'
'Mosquera is expected to next appear at the Old Bailey on Wednesday'
rbbm
''Both victims were known to the man arrested and he had been staying with them at the Scotts Road flat for a short period of time.

We are making thorough enquiries to establish whether there may be any linked offences in the UK or overseas but so far none have been identified. Detectives will continue to build a full picture of the circumstances, including any previous incident that may be linked in any way to this case.''
Very cryptic ..."circumstances" "any previous incident"

The victims befriended him and he killed them. :(

I'm wondering if the men helped him get to U.K. and he became greedy and demanding. When they resisted that, he got violent.

jmo
Edited by me: I was wondering the opposite but now I think about it, that makes more sense. I wonder if it was money related and they had said they couldn't keep giving cash over. I don't think it's been said that Yostin had any employment here. MOO

Last edited:
I wonder if it wasn't AA in the wheelchair, as there appears to be some kind of support behind his head in the photo taken in the boat, and he seems to have difficulties keep his head up, compared to the other two.
Yes agree he looks uncomfortable almost scared withthe other two are grinning like Cheshire cats.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat Silva
Back