UK UK - Unidentified Man possibly from Canada or Alaska found in Wark Forest, Feb 1990

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Kassanddra

Reaction score
Hi there, I work for a UK Charity called Locate International. We look into cases of long term missing people and unidentified bodies.

We have a case we are currently working on, of a man found in woodland in the UK in 1990. He was found close to a National Trail and we believe he was a hiker.

Lines of enquiry have led us to believe he could be from Canada or Alaska. Please take a look at our appeal posters, the facial image has been created by a forensic artist. Please get in contact if you recognise this image of a person who could have gone missing in the 1980's from Canada or Alaska.

Attachments

• A1.png
    A1.png
    333.1 KB · Views: 26
  • A2 (2).png
    A2 (2).png
    401.7 KB · Views: 24
  • A2.png
    A2.png
    383.5 KB · Views: 23
  • A4.png
    A4.png
    338.7 KB · Views: 24
Hi there, I work for a UK Charity called Locate International. We look into cases of long term missing people and unidentified bodies.

We have a case we are currently working on, of a man found in woodland in the UK in 1990. He was found close to a National Trail and we believe he was a hiker.

Lines of enquiry have led us to believe he could be from Canada or Alaska. Please take a look at our appeal posters, the facial image has been created by a forensic artist. Please get in contact if you recognise this image of a person who could have gone missing in the 1980's from Canada or Alaska.

Kassanddra, thank you for posting link to new case but I hope you do not mind few suggestions. In my humble opinion article is packed with many information, looking a bit messy and unclear and most important information are missing. As a reader not well known about UK geography, and American audience who Locate International are trying to target are not either, I suggest to spend 5 min to simplify and rewrite the appeal/news article, plus add clear location.

After googling it showed that Wark Forest is in England, but than Locate article mentiones Aberdeen news, which is Scotland. After googling again I finally learned that "Wark Forest is lying south of Kielder Forest within Northumberland National Park. The forest is next to the England - Scotland border". Now it made sense.

Locate article also mentiones two hotels he might have visitied, Bowes hotel and Haltwhistle hotel. What city or town are they located in and are they in England or Scotland? Or are those actual names of cities but not names of the hotels? Those details would help audience and sleuths to visualize and search around his journey.

Apologies if I am being a bit harsh, maybe it is clear to everyone else but me. All above is just in my humble opinion.

New sketch by Hew Morrison

1704222543472.png

Older appeal of the case on NCA (National Crime Agency) UK unidentified person website

Case 06-025965

1704223289941.png

"Christopher Oliver" was the possible name of a man whose body was found in the Wark Forest of Northumbria, England on February 2, 1990. He is suspected to have been from the US.

Discovered - February 2, 1990

Unidentified for - 31 years

Sex - Male

Location - Wark Forest, England
Age - 20-40
Race - Dark European
Height - 170cm - 173cm - 5' 6 - 5' 8

Postmortem interval - 4-12 months
Cause of death - Not stated

Characteristics​

• Wavy brown hair.
  • Medium build.