Identified! UK - Warfield, Bracknell, WhtMale, 30-40, buried, July'15 - Aivaras Danilevicius

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Europe actually has a bigger population than the US. Size isn't the barrier, I think the main problem is that there are so many languages spoken in europe and so many different police forces who have their own processes and classifications of missing.

I've tried finding a missing persons database for italy (see the link my signature) but can't seem to find anything so know there is a need for a europewide database.

Paul Morson looks very possible. The only thing is the height is slightly off (that can happen with a corpse though) and the distance between Liverpool and where he was found - seems a lot of effort to drive to but then again maybe they were very cunning murderers. I wonder were the convicted murderers all born and bred in liverpool or did any of them have connections to the area? One of them did say Morson was dumped in the manchester ship canal though but police believed he was lying.

Paul Morson does look a good pm. Those teeth are so damn straight that they are very unlikely to be natural.

Has this pm been submitted?

No, I have not submitted him yet, but you or anyone else please do feel free to do so.

I am also wondering if perhaps it would not be good idea to contact coroner of this case this time (mentioned in this article http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/local-news/warfield-murder-victim-found-ditch-10013369) rather then LE as I am not sure previous 2 suggestions have been passed to him for consideration or rule outs. It would be good to also find out from him if time frame have been narrowed down by any chance, if there were any hair there (colour) and of course any remains of clothing. Of course only, if that info is possible to share with us.

OTOH, in terms of distance from Liverpool, this case involved drug-connected gangsters from Liverpool - and a victim from *Bracknell*, and the killings took place in Cornwall. I wonder if there could be any connection?

OTOH, in terms of distance from Liverpool, this case involved drug-connected gangsters from Liverpool - and a victim from *Bracknell*, and the killings took place in Cornwall. I wonder if there could be any connection?
Excellent sleuthing! Warfield is only a few miles from where Griffiths lived. And the murders were only a few weeks apart.

No, I have not submitted him yet, but you or anyone else please do feel free to do so.

I am also wondering if perhaps it would not be good idea to contact coroner of this case this time (mentioned in this article http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/local-news/warfield-murder-victim-found-ditch-10013369) rather then LE as I am not sure previous 2 suggestions have been passed to him for consideration or rule outs. It would be good to also find out from him if time frame have been narrowed down by any chance, if there were any hair there (colour) and of course any remains of clothing. Of course only, if that info is possible to share with us.

I don't believe it is the coroners job is to identify an unknown person, they just look into the death itself.

This is an interesting read about coroners.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...data/file/363879/guide-to-coroner-service.pdf

Not sure if it would be appropriate to contact his family to ask he if he veneers? Or perhaps the Liverpool Echo could be interested in this theory.

I don't believe it is the coroners job is to identify an unknown person, they just look into the death itself.

This is an interesting read about coroners.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...data/file/363879/guide-to-coroner-service.pdf

Not sure if it would be appropriate to contact his family to ask he if he veneers? Or perhaps the Liverpool Echo could be interested in this theory.

Ironside, thank you for the link. You are probably right that it is LE's job to identify JD, however I do believe the coroner is one of the main people and right source to help us narrow down JD profile, as at the moment it is just way too vague.

I would really discourage contacting any family members... and it is against WS rules as well. Family members of any missing person must be going through tough times and emotional turmoil as it is.. The last thing I would want is to give someone false hope or informing them that their loved one was murdered and hidden 7 feet under. Let's leave that to professionals.

I would not wish for any family member to read such a suggestion or speculation in news either, especially when Morson family still hopes he might be alive. However contacting reporters, perhaps in Liverpool and London area, with regards to spreading the news of unidentified JD is brilliant idea and might provide valuable links to authorities.

I will see if I find time sometimes next week to contact coroner myself to get any new details on JD so we can perhaps help in some way. I will post if I get any update.

:peace:

I have tried to call coroner's office few times during the week however it always went to voicemail and I am not too comfortable to leave msgs on machines. Just for information, coroner of this case was also leading the inquest to Boris Berezovsky's death.

I have written today to Detective Superintendent of Thames Valley as well and submitted Paul Morson for consideration. I have asked for more information on John Doe (time frame, hair colour, cloth) and also provided link to this thread.

I have invited her to consider of joining or commenting here too.

I've found a video of someone driving the length of the road, which gives a very good idea of the terrain. Single track, very quiet.

[video=youtube;y2B7SQFHCCQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2B7SQFHCCQ[/video]
It's not really far from the M4, but I think you'd need to know the area to plan it as a dump site.

Who took this video and why did they film it? If this is a road that is out of the way and only used by locals I would start there. Whoever took this video is a good point of contact if anyone can figure out who that is. But then again maybe not.... he/she could be involved in the death in some way. Just typing out my thoughts.

This case is being reported on crimewatch, BBC 1 as I speak. I'm watching it now. They said they've had an important breakthrough - he could be linked to Lithuania.

Maybe he had his dentistry done there..? Prolly stupid but.

Watching on iPlayer. It COULD be a guy called Aivaras Danilevicius - there's a DNA link to his mother, and he was reported missing in 2008.

So, sorry for double posting, but let's see what we now know or suspect that we didn't before:

If it's Aivaras, he came to the UK in 2004; the police can't trace any movements after that; so did he get killed pretty soon after he got here? I would have thought they could have found working details if he was paying National Insurance, so illegal or criminal work of some kind? 2004 was when Lithuania joined the EU.

His mother in Lithuania reported him missing in 2008; that seems like the last possible date he would have been killed. Assumption: killed 2004-2008, with a preference in my mind for the earlier part of that period.

Most of his clothing was removed - only a top was found with the body. Before or after death, we don't know, or why - to remove identifying information? The killer's blood?

He was killed violently, by blunt force trauma, struck on the head at least twice.

Thank you Zelda for an alert and thank you Ellmau for the link to quite well written and really informative article.

I hope you do not mind I am re posting the reconstruction picture for future reference and just in case links time out.

crimewatch_visual_rynn-tvp-0815.jpg
crimewatch_a.jpg

http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/n...s/newsevents-pressreleases-item.htm?id=325948

I am quite glad almost all questions I have emailed to police while suggesting previous matches have been answered in press release. John Doe height has not been shortened as reported by Reading article reporter, but still stands at 5ft 9ins to 5ft 11ins (175.26 cm to 180.34 cm). Aged 30-40 years old. There were no hair recovered.

Clothing:
A loose knitted blue and white striped jumper with a Turkish design label was recovered from the body. The jumper, which is distributed in Europe, was shown on the programme and the public’s help was requested to try and obtain any other information about this jumper or people who may have worn a similar one.

Few questions

• I am wondering about following statement:
    Police believe the remains may have been placed in the field in Hawthorn Lane between 2008 and 2013 but think that the man was probably killed elsewhere.
    Does it mean they have shortened post mortem period from previous 2-15 years to now 2-7 years? or does it imply that he was buried on that spot for that period only, but could be dead for much longer, meaning being moved from elsewhere and reburied there?
  • DNA had been retrieved from the remains but this did not relate to anyone currently on the National Missing persons Database or Police PNC records in the UK
    Anyone know what PNC records stands for? Criminal, missing or other database?

• An international request was made and a Lithuanian national, Aivaras Danilevicius, has been linked to the enquiry.
    Can anyone let me know more about partial DNA? Is it yes or no or perhaps match? Or strong possibility but paternal DNA missing?

My apologies for many questions, just trying to learn as much as I can and hope fellow members can share their extensive knowledge.

Few comments

If it's Aivaras, he came to the UK in 2004; the police can't trace any movements after that; so did he get killed pretty soon after he got here? I would have thought they could have found working details if he was paying National Insurance, so illegal or criminal work of some kind? 2004 was when Lithuania joined the EU.

(People from all new 2004 EU joining countries had to adhere to quite strict rules. It was not as "free" as thought. Everyone coming into UK from those new countries had to register within a month to WRS and report for a year. Any changes of location or job had to be re-registered. Anyone without job over 30 days had to leave. Registering rule has been abolished just few years back. The point is police could check WRS offices and might find quite a few details.)

Most of his clothing was removed - only a top was found with the body. Before or after death, we don't know, or why - to remove identifying information? The killer's blood?
(really good thought, could be also uniform or specific work trousers?)

He was killed violently, by blunt force trauma, struck on the head at least twice.
(this is not correct, as mentioned by police he could have been struck twice but also only once to sustain those injuries... think of industrial accident...)

And the last adding video from Crimewatch with basic information about the case

Date of Discovery -24 July 2015
Nature of Crime -Murder
Where -Hawthorn Lane, Warfield, Bracknell
Contact -Thames Valley Police
Incident Room Number -01753 271127
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/2nvPV27X2mhY5ljYtkbj91X/bracknell-body

Thank you for reading and apologies for lengthy post.

If it is indeed Aivaras (hope I'm spelling that correctly) it seems that he would've been killed relatively quickly after his entry to the UK. of course it's really hard to know because there's no way of exactly tracking someone's movements.

The veneers are what confuse me. In my opinion, veneers are not especially common in the UK (certainly not 7 at a time), they are very expensive. I live in a relatively wealthy area of London and I've only ever encountered one person with veneers. His dental work is confusing, but probably the key to his identity.

The dental work seems quite likely to have been done in Lithuania before he came over. Apparently it's a centre for dental tourism these days, with cheap but high quality work available, and we know the police haven't had any luck circulating British dentists.

I would have thought the police would have already checked any workers' registration paperwork, so that says to me either he died soon after he got here, or he was possibly circumventing any restrictions by working under the table - like the poor Lithuanian men in this case: https://www.leighday.co.uk/News/2015/December-2015/UKs-Worst-Gangmaster-fails-in-appeal-for-new-lic

Could Aivaras have protested bad treatment and been killed for it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back