UK - Were the boy princes murdered in Tower by King Richard III? - 1483

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's amazing such dedication to get that far back and to be descendants of such interesting figures in history is fantastic. John was such an interesting King he's someone who I have been recently re-searching.

That's amazing such dedication to get that far back and to be descendants of such interesting figures in history is fantastic. John was such an interesting King he's someone who I have been recently re-searching.

My Mum was certainly dedicated and the Angevin Plantagenets were indeed an interesting (and controversial) dynasty, subject to much tragedy. It's hard for me to believe that an ordinary family in Australia could be descendants of a once-Royal House.

From the little I have read, King John seems to have had a bit of a bum rap. Richard the Lionheart was warring his way throughout the Mediterranean and Middle East on Crusade and John was bound to raise taxes to fund this huge (and very expensive) endeavour any way he could. He seems to have been an excellent administrator but lacked a ruler's essential political and people skills. It would be interesting to know more about him.

I lean towards them being still alive - but sickly and relatively incapacitated - hence why Richard couldn't produce them. They couldn't leave. Richard III had already gotten them declared illegitimate through the Titulus Regius. Thus, they weren't eligible for the throne. Additionally, they were seen alive close to Easter 1484 playing in the courtyard(?), months after Buckingham was executed. Additionally, there's a record from July 1484 mentioning children's dinner or something, which seems to refer to the Princes.

My guess - they were stricken by an illness rendering them incapable of frequently leaving the tower. They're still alive when Richard III is killed, and Henry VII has them killed to make himself next in line for the throne.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back