Found Deceased UK - William "Bill" Taylor, 70, Gosmore, Hertfordshire, 3 June 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm now thinking that the arson was a red herring to make it seem as if there had been a dispute with someone. This has gone on too long to end well and I have a suspect in mind but hope I am wrong jmo

I wonder what he told his son about the arson attack. I hope they discussed who he thought might have been responsible. It seems to me given the fairly remote location as if someone went out of their way to do that rather than it being opportunistic.

As regards his clothes being described that makes me think he went missing that night before bed, because they haven't found those clothes and wellies in the house. Unless he was in the habit of wearing the same clothes for a few days which could make it that he went missing the next morning. I wonder who first discovered him missing and if he had workers employed Monday to Friday.

I wonder if he had dogs. If he was attacked did the dogs know the perpetrator and not bark so he wouldn't have been worried?

Would he not have taken his wellies off after going in the house? Did he put them on again if he was going out to investigate a noise? Maybe he was on high alert to noises after the arson attack.

It seems like they could have good evidence from the Land Rover judging by the pictures. Link posted in first post of thread. I'm thinking it looks like towels may have been soaked in petrol but one of them didn't burn? Also green petrol can on driver's seat didn't burn? Where did those towels come from?

SWNS_MISSING_TAYLOR_05.jpg

Very good point about the dogs. Also there has been no mention of the friend being concerned about WT having disappeared. I wonder if this person was actually still living there.

Still no news. Coming up for six weeks now.

As they haven't found him on the farm I'm thinking he was most likely 'taken' in a vehicle.

I suppose suicide (in the woods) is an angle I haven't given any thought to. But then again the police have put out an appeal saying 'if you are with Bill..' and checked the fields in case he was taken ill, which doesn't sound as though there were concerns for his mental well-being.

I'm sure it was stated up thread that Bill had no mental health issues and I'm afraid I can't get the comment by a poster on here about Helen Bailey out of my head. I am of the opinion that he has come to harm at the hands of an acquaintance but so hope I am wrong. Six weeks later and missed his 70th where are you Bill? Jmo

I'm sure it was stated up thread that Bill had no mental health issues and I'm afraid I can't get the comment by a poster on here about Helen Bailey out of my head. I am of the opinion that he has come to harm at the hands of an acquaintance but so hope I am wrong. Six weeks later and missed his 70th where are you Bill? Jmo
Ah yes it says 'not vulnerable'.

Agree that whatever happened, it was not on that farm....

Also, as you said Bluebird, the comment re money is so similar to Helen.

Only ONE mention of a person he lived with, as far as I can see.
Why is this?

Has anyone found any indication of who this supposed friend who lived with him is? Lodger, worker or friend? Did he have any other vehicles? The media seem to have gone quiet on this poor chap now

Are searches still continuing or maybe being scaled back? Almost two months now with no sign of Bill

An image taken from a police helicopter as part of the search for missing Gosmore farmer William Taylor has today been released, as officers look into his “lifestyle”.

North Herts Chief Inspector Julie Wheatley said today: “We are nearing the two-month anniversary of William going missing, and extensive enquiries are being carried out to try and trace missing William.

“In addition to the searches, we are conducting enquiries into William’s lifestyle, as well speaking to friends and family.

[more to read - nothing new really]

Helicopter image released as police look into missing farmer’s ‘lifestyle’

The police statement just says lifestyle whereas the newspaper puts it in quote marks. Not sure if anything is being implied by the word, just makes me think of something kinky when it’s in quote marks, JMO.

This isn’t too long missing for someone of Bill’s age, I hope he’s ok but don’t hold out much hope, sadly.

Just seen this article on line. Finally there is some info re the friend - although sounds more like it was a friend visiting, rather than someone who lived with him.

Hertfordshire Police said the case was still being treated as a missing person investigation, but officers could be searching for a body.

A friend who was staying with Mr Taylor reported him missing on 4 June after waking up to find he was gone.

Police 'could be looking for farmer's body'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back