DNA Solves

Megsc

French sleuthie
Reaction score
1707485358912.png

Reconstruction Sketches of Decedent
1697UFFRA

Date of Discovery: March 22, 2012
Location of Discovery: Grasse, Alpes-Maritimes, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
Estimated Date of Death: 3 days prior
State of Remains: Charred
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description​

Estimated Age: 16-25 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 1.60-1.70 m
Weight: 55 kilos
Hair Color: Chestnut or black, medium length, thick
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers​

Dentals: Unknown, damaged and in very poor condition
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery​

On 22 March 2012, the fire brigade was called to a fire in Grasse. They found a charred body in the rubble of the building which was the cause of the fire.

According to the police, the body had been moved to the basement of the building to make it look like an unintentional fire. According to them, this young girl or young woman of no less than 25 years of age died around 19 March 2012. To this day, they are still trying to identify her.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: IRCGN, Gendarmerie Nationale, Grasse - National Gendarmerie of Grasse
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 04 93 70 33 33
Agency E-Mail: bta.grasse@gendarmerie.interieur.gouv.fr
Agency Case Number: N/A

There is really not much info about this doe online.

According to this article she was found on 22 Fontette Street in Grasse.
She has been martyred and charred. The killer set the building on fire to cover up his crime.
It is also stated that the lab did everything to make the best reconstruction possible but that it has it's own limit, so the shape of mouth, nose, and eyes color were chosen arbitrarily. So the reconstruction might be different from what she really looked like.

The fact that her teeth were in such a poor condition makes me think that she either was abducted a long time prior her death, or that she was neglected, and so the perpetrator could be a parent. Unless maybe she comes from another country that is less developped than France, and where access to dental care is not as easy as in here?

LE tried to compare her to French people that were reported missing during the 6 years prior to her death, but could'nt find anything.

Obviously any info is welcome !!

Good morning, I also think that it is a girl who could come from another country, apparently there were a lot of dilapidated apartments and squats in Grasse as we can read in many articles, the attacker could be a squatter. The victim did not live in the building or neighborhood, according to this article .

I found this article which dates from November 2012, so only 8 months after the fact, from a teenage girl kidnapped in Saint-Laurent-du-Var, she is taken more than 30 km away, near Grasse, she is sequestered in an apartment squatted by the trio, she will be raped but will eventually escape.

Investigators only have this partially charred “Le Coq sportif” brand sneaker to identify the woman killed and burned.
IMG_20240416_003100.jpg
According to this article .

Last edited:
I think they made a mistake on the date, no article dates from 2012 but all the articles which talk about this charred body date from 2013. The body was discovered on March 22, 2013.

In this article dated March 28, 2013 : "The charred body was discovered last Friday in a cellar of a building in Grasse."

Finally I found this article to be more detailed.

"She wore counterfeit white sneakers with red interior, imitation of the “le coq sportif” brand."

"The unknown woman would be of foreign nationality. Research has been carried out in Italy and other European countries, with no results."

"Doctors who had revealed very poor teeth, which could be linked to drug use, were faced with the absence of a common file among dentists."

Last edited:
I think they made a mistake on the date, no article dates from 2012 but all the articles which talk about this charred body date from 2013. The body was discovered on March 22, 2013.

In this article dated March 28, 2013 : "The charred body was discovered last Friday in a cellar of a building in Grasse."

Finally I found this article to be more detailed.

"She wore counterfeit white sneakers with red interior, imitation of the “le coq sportif” brand."

"The unknown woman would be of foreign nationality. Research has been carried out in Italy and other European countries, with no results."

"Doctors who had revealed very poor teeth, which could be linked to drug use, were faced with the absence of a common file among dentists."
Wow thank you so much for all the infos!!

I wasn't able to find all of these articles during my researches, but I guess you're better for it than I am lol

Off Topic, but an urgent question. @Megsc or others. Is there a nationwide central database for unidentified remains in France? So far I wasn't able to find one. If not, how to find the unidentified persons? There must be between 1000 - 3000 according to some sources.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faefawn
Back