Mexico Unidentified US-Mexico Border Project

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I apologize if there's any duplicates, but here's some of the ones I've found:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Killed in a car accident in Sasabe, AZ in 2000. Fingerprints gave the possible names of Jose Gonzalez-Martinez and several variants of "Raymundo Aguino-Cruz". None of the names could be confirmed, and there's nothing explicitly stating he was from out of the country but I feel like there's a good chance he could be a migrant. There's a living photo of him.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Hit by a train in Nogales, AZ in 2002. Fingerprint match to a Jaime Ceja Rivas but this couldn't be verified. There's a living photo on NamUs (and a pretty graphic PM). Much like the UID above, there's no outright proof he's foreign but there's a good chance he is.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Murdered in Bowie, AZ in 2001. County records list "Jose Fernando, Tabasco, Mexico." No pictures or recons, apparently had traumatic injuries.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Decomposed remains found in Tan Pak, AZ in 2001, COD unknown. DNA matched to Lorenzo Diaz Garcia, also used the first name Lencho/Lencito. Allegedly he previously lived in CA before being deported to Mexico. There's a living photo.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in an abandoned house on the Tohono O'Odham reservation in Itak, AZ in 2014, COD unknown. Had two Mexican voter cards, one with the name Rosauro Roberlo Aguilar and the other Leonardo Jimenez Vazquez, the photos on these cards are definitely of two different people. There was also a photo with him that (at least to me) seems to be of the same person on the "Leonardo Jimenez Vazquez" card.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Partial remains found near San Rafael, AZ in 2020. There was a photo ID near the body with the name Jaime Airilo Alaya, although it's not stated what country/state the ID was from. He was wearing boots made in El Salvador.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Pima County, AZ in 2003. Had a Mexican voter card with the name Juan Miguel Velazquez Navarro, but the UID's fingerprints didn't match the print on the card. The NCMEC did a reconstruction of him that looks a lot like the picture on the voter card, however the man in the pic has a distinctive mole on his chin that's not present in the recon or noted anywhere regarding the UID, although he still had a recognizable face.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found near Ajo, AZ in 2017. Had a tattoo of the name Jose Almendarez and another tattoo saying Ramos. There's a reconstruction but no living photos.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in AZ in 2009. AFIS match to Martin Cardenas Aguilar Salmiron, who used the alias Martin Aguilar Gutierrez. Living photo, likely from Chihuahua, MX.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found near Ali Chukson, AZ in 2018. Had a photocopy of an ID (unknown from where) with the name Jogli Clein Perez Lopez.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Crow Hang Village, AZ in 2008. Had a Mexican photo ID with the name Maria Mendez Morales, although this is stated to be a fake ID. There's a NCMEC reconstruction of her but I can't tell if she's the same person in the ID photo.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found near the Mexican border in Lukeville, AZ in 2013. Had both a work and voter ID card, both with the name Mario Perez Sanchez and pictures of the same person.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Topawa, AZ in 2010. AFIS match to Oswaldo Angulo Martinez from Sonora, MX, although this has not been verified. Has a living photo.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Gila Bend, AZ in 2004. Had an ID card in his backpack (unsure from where) with the name Maximino Perez Gomez. No photos of any sort.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Santa Rosa, AZ in 2010. Had a Georgia driver's license, social security card and birth certificate from Texas with the name Roxann Garcia and a Mexican ID with the name Maria Cruz-Gomez. Mexican ID and license from GA have photos of the same person.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Green Valley, AZ in 2009. Had a Mexican bus ticket with the name Areli Gomez Gomez. There's a graphic photo on NamUs, although NCMEC did a reconstruction of her. She looks very young.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Maricopa, AZ in 2009. Had a urine sample bottle with the name Andrez Garcia as well as medical paperwork from Phoenix. No living photos but there is a NCMEC recon.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Three Points, AZ in 2005. AFIS match to Francisco Esteves with a living photo. Apparently used multiple other aliases, although none of these are listed.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Cowlic, AZ in 2016. No official documents or photos, but carried a bible with the name Julio Rodriguez written in it.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Green Valley, AZ in 2005. Authorities seem to believe that his name is Dionisio Fidel Rojas Vargas and are searching for family in Mexico to confirm the ID.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found in Mesa, AZ in 2014. Had a Mexican ID with the name Francisco Martinez-Diaz although this was confirmed to be fake. No picture from ID has been posted. There is a PM photo on NamUs.
Francisco Martinez-Diaz also went by Ignacio and was a homicide victim. Here is his photo from when he was alive, found it on MPD website.

Attachments

• FranciscoMartinezDiaz.JPG
    FranciscoMartinezDiaz.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 9
Migrants & Suspected Migrants UIDs - Google My Maps

Here is the link for the google maps I have created for the migrants and suspected to be migrants.
I divided the UIDs up via state. Unfortunately, I was not able to add a layer for each and every state so, I put the states that have very few in the "Other States" section. Also sadly, I wasn't able to post each and every migrant on the map. Although, because I have been busy this past month and will be for these upcoming months, I will try the best I can to fit into my regime adding more migrants to the map.
Unfortunately, this map is not perfect perfect, but I think it is worth it.

Migrants & Suspected Migrants UIDs - Google My Maps

Here is the link for the google maps I have created for the migrants and suspected to be migrants.
I divided the UIDs up via state. Unfortunately, I was not able to add a layer for each and every state so, I put the states that have very few in the "Other States" section. Also sadly, I wasn't able to post each and every migrant on the map. Although, because I have been busy this past month and will be for these upcoming months, I will try the best I can to fit into my regime adding more migrants to the map.
Unfortunately, this map is not perfect perfect, but I think it is worth it.

Wow! Great! Good work @ghostINshell Thanks! :)

I know that they aren't necessarily from Mexico, but they are apart of the Central American hemisphere, so I'm just going to add their cases on this thread anyways.

*He already has a thread on Websleuths
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
WARNING PM at link
Found in Phoenix, Arizona on October 26, 1999. He died inside a house where he was staying with some sounds like very distant acquaintances of his. The acquaintances said that his name was "Jorge" and that he was possibly from Honduras. Some key body characteristics of his were that he some tattoos of the names Rosario, Glenda, and Lupe, and a letter D on his wrist.

Found on a ranch by a ranch hand in Jim Hogg County, Texas, on May 10, 2006. She had a ID card from Honduras, that had the name of Glenda Supaya Lopez Martinez, born February 6, 1979, and the issue date of July 11, 1997. She also had Honduran currency. Interestingly, they don't have a picture of the ID on Namus.

WARNING PM at link
Found in Sonoita, Santa Cruz County, Arizona on June 6, 2009. He was in a van with other migrants who were from Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, and Mexico, when he and the others were ejected from the van during an accident. This man could basically from anywhere.

Found lying in the desert by LE, on the Tohono O'Odham Reservation, near Sells, Arizona, on August 18, 2011. His fingerprints matched to a Nelson Antonio Castro Martinez (from Honduras w/ DOB of October 17, 1986 AR-098660686 )w/other aliases of Jefferey Castro and Jefferey Figueroa Castro. Namus says that the names are not verified, but interestingly, the man has a tattoo on his left forearm that says "Nelson".

Found in the desert southwest of Bates Well, Arizona on February 3, 1981. Possible name association of "Ricardo Arnoldo Barahona Mendez" of Morales, Izabal, Guatemala.

WARNING PM at link.
Was found inside a house in San Bernadino, California on August 29, 1986. He was beaten to death. Investigators believe that his name is "Mario Roberto Marquez" from Guatemala, due to evidence at the scene.

Found on the bank of a river in Harris County, Texas on December 4, 1994. Namus says that his name is possibly "Jose Porfirio Guerra Cifuentes" who was last seen on 10/16/1994 swimming across the river and that he is from Guatemala.

Found unresponsive in a public park in Los Angeles, California on April 19, 2001. The man was living a transient lifestyle. Acquaintances of his stated he was apparently drinking heavily when they last saw him. They also stated that he moved to the US from Guatemala 15-20 years ago.

Found on near Building 900336 on Fort Huachuca army base in Arizona on September 27, 2006. Namus states that the man can't be excluded as Guatemalan national Rolando Eduardo Gomez Valdez

Found in the desert near Sasabe, Pima County, Arizona on December 26, 2007. Namus says that the man's name might be "Rudy" or "Valerio" and that he is from Guatemala.

Was with a large group and suddenly jumped into the canal. (Doesn't say COD on Namus but i'm thinking likely by drowning.) People in the group said that his name was either "Carlos" or "Giovanni" and that he was likely from Guatemala.

WARNING PM at link
He had possession of a "resident alien card" which had the name Rogelio Alvarado w/ DOB June 24, 1954. The Mexican and Guatemalan consulate determined the card to be fake and that no one under that name existed. *He could possibly be from anywhere else excluding Mexico and Guatemala. "Rogelio" was rooming with a friend of his five years prior to his death at 1100 block of E. Portland St. in Phoenix, AZ 85006. He passed away in the front yard in the early morning of July 5, 2013. He was also working in the construction business hanging drywall.

Found by Border Patrol in the desert near Vamori Village, Pima County, Arizona on Spetember 2, 2017. He had a Guatemalan birth certificate with the name Juan Geovani Gregorio Hernandez. He also had a Verizon Samsung flip phone on him as well.

WARNING PM at link
Was found unresponsive behind a commercial building in Bronx, New York on December 24, 2019. Namus states his name is possibly "David Miranda" and is from Guatemala.

WARNING PM at link
Found in the desert by Barry Goldwater Range Security near Childs, Pima County, Arizona on July 30, 2006. Namus states that the man is likely "Orlando Jose Garcia Fernandez" from Nicaragua. He also had three blue/black dots in the shape of a triangle are on the back of the right hand between the thumb and index finger. A blue/black cross is on the back of the left hand between the thumb and index finger.

WARNING PM at link
Found in North Brunswick, Middlesex County, New Jersey on October 20, 2005. Namus states that the man is possibly "Marco Hernandez" from Costa Rica, and that he likely worked as an auto body technician. He was found with a 10ml bottle of Humulin insulin 70/30 which was unopened.

Found inside his apartment by an apartment manager doing a welfare check in Los Angeles, California on July 30, 1989. Not necessarily clear if this is what the property manager thinks or LE, but Namus states specifically that he is possibly 28 y.o. and that his name is "Jose Antonio Lopez" from El Salvador.

Found unresponsive in the hallway of an apartment complex in Los Angeles, California at around 9:00pm on March 16, 1997. The property manager believes that the man might be from El Salvador.

Was found in Douglas, Cochise County, Arizona on January 17, 2001. He was found standing up, semi-conscious, and cold to the touch by a citizen. He had a hard time speaking and his clothes were wet (I'm thinking possibly dehydration and hypothermia). He passed away before paramedics could reach him. The man's fingerprints were matched to a man named Vidal Oreyanna Rivas who is possibly from El Salvador.

WARNING PM at link
Was found unresponsive at a homeless shelter in Los Angeles, California on June 1, 2001. He went by the name "Richard" and that he was possibly from El Salvador.

I found out that Jorge was a homicide victim. Leads to even more questions...

Thousands of parents and family members have formed collectives throughout Mexico to help one another search for the remains of their missing children. In Baja California, at least eight such parent collectives have hundreds of members who are searching for lost loved ones.

The collectives organize searches and protests in response to what they label indifference by the Mexican government to protect or find their missing children. They also collectively lobby to gain the attention of state investigators about suspected clandestine gravesites like the one in Maclovio Rojas.

Read the full story on LATimes.com.
Bodies found in clandestine Tijuana gravesite by moms searching for their missing kids | KTLA

Wonderful project!! Please let me know if I can help.

I performed a search on NamUs with the term “Mexico” in the circumstances description. There were 309 results! I narrowed it down to only those with photos and either a living photo, possible name, or otherwise identifiable piece of information/personal possession. And I worked my way backwards chronologically. This list is certainly not comprehensive. Hope this helps!
May 18, 1980 - “Rodriguez” (Decedent was robbed by several individuals who were later apprehended and sentenced. Decedent was most likely an illegal immigrant. Decedent may have a wife and child in Mexico.Decedent may have last name of "Rodriguez)

October 18, 1980 - “Rudolpho” (Decedent lived in Tara Park, third trailor on the right off Lake Trafford Road with a Francisco and Jose Via. According to Mr. Via, "Rudolpho" had come to Immokalee on September 21, 1980 along with 12 other Mexican males, from Dallas, Texas. Further, "Rudolpho" has family in Mexico, but also had an uncle in Dallas and another Houston, Texas. "Rudolpho" moved from Tara Park to the Labor Camp two weeks prior to death.)

February 24, 1995 - Many aliases (The tattoos located on the victim suggest he has ties to Venadillo, Mexico.)

July 24, 1995 - Several aliases (Recent fingerprint match by FBI under the NamUs Initiative. Decedent reportedly was a known cocaine smuggler-dealer who was deported to Mexico on 26 April 1995. An outstanding warrant had been issued for decedent.)

August 9, 1995 - Necklace with “Odlion” on it. (The deceased was a pedestrian who was struck by a vehicle that fled the scene. Witnesses reported that the decedent indicated that he was from Mexico.)

May 15, 2000 - (He is believed to have drowned after crossing the U.S.-Mexico Border illegally. What appear to be a Graduation ring CLASS of 80-83 "ESC.TEC.COM.PROF.ABELINO BOLLANOS" was found w/ the decedent)

June 6, 2000 - “Juan Marquez” (Document found on decedent. "Juan (?) Marquez" Entered June 01 2000 and left June 04 2000)

July 7, 2000 - “Rigoberto Chabes Gomes” (Photo of couple with child and the name written on the back)

August 6, 2000 - (Possible living photo and notepad with names, numbers, and/or address written on it)

April 30, 2001 - “Oscar Figeroa Barajas” (Decedent was struck by a motor-vehicle in Agua Prieta, Mexico, on 29 April 2001 and was transported to the University Medical Center in Tucson, where he later died on May 1, 2001. Possible name association of Oscar Figeroa Barajas, with a possible DOB of 1 January 1983.)

June 20, 2001 - “Lorenzo Diaz Garcia” Living mugshot (Decedent found in remote desert area. DNA results match to alias name of Lorenzo Diaz Garcia, DOB 10 August 1955, who possibly lived in Santa Ana, California. Additional alias names used include Lencho Garcia, Lorenzo Garcia, Lorenzo Diaz, and Lencito Garcia. Decedent was deported to Mexico by USBP in 2001. BTB)

September 8, 2002 - “DH” (Found deceased in hotel room by manager, whom the decedent had told that he was seeing a doctor in Nogales, Mexico regarding head surgery. Decedent had stolen the identity of "Edward C" of St. Petersburg, FL and was carrying an ID card with the stolen identity information. Recent fingerprint match to DH, a name that has yet to be verified. AAA)

September 20, 2002 - “Johanna Contreras Osorio” (Decedent was driving a stolen car at a speed above the posted limit and lost control of the vehicle. Fingerprints have been matched to a 1994 Nogales Police Department arrest record of a man who said he was from Sinaloa, Mexico, and who provided the name Jorge Bernal Rosas. A Western Union transfer, to Johanna Contreras Osorio, was found with decedent. Recent match in AFIS to same record. AAA)

February 12, 2004 - “Pedro Rodriguez Reyes” Living photo (Decedent found along roadway by passerby. UPDATE, 16 April 2014: DNA analyses reveals that decedent may be Pedro Rodriguez Reyes, possibly from Guerrero, Mexico. This information is presently being confirmed by the Mexican Consulate. BTB)

June 8, 2004 - “Oliber Santiz” (The decedent was riding a bicycle when he was struck by multiple motor vehicles. He died two days later at the Shock Trauma Center at the University of Maryland Medical Center. His last known address was 16 Colonial Road, Bel Air, Maryland. He used the name "Oliber Santiz" and date of birth of April 6, 1981. His roommate advised he was from Mexico.)

July 18, 2004 - “Antonia Dominguez Juarez” or “Maria Eugenia Martinez” (Jane Doe #10-04 was a passenger (1 of 10 occupants) in van transporting persons from Mexico which crashed while travelling westbound along Interstate 40 Freeway on July 18, 2004. The woman was in possession of a fake Birth Certificate (per Mexican consulate) in the name of "Antonia Dominguez Juarez, DOB: 05/22/76, age 28." Other names developed by people inquiring: "Maria Eugenia Martinez" (06/25/65), or possibly a woman from Guatamala. Per one passenger, most of the people in the van were from Santa Lucia Del Camino, OAX, Mexico. Nine of the occupants were picked up in Phoenix Arizona.)

December 7, 2004 - “Florentino or Alejandro Martinez” Living photo (Body found by Border Patrol in Lyle canyon in the Huachuca Mountains. Recent FP hit (5/2017) to an individual who provided law enforcement with the following unverified names 'Alejandro Martinez' aka 'Florentino Martinez' AAA)

August 7, 2008 - (Decedent was an occupant in a motor vehicle accident, a single SUV vehicle roll-over causing 9 fatalities (8 victims were identified: 5 were Salvadorans, 2 were Mexicans, and 1 was Honduran). Decedent used alias Jose Alvarez Lopez from Culiacon, Mexico, with DOB of 10-03-1983, however Mexican authorities have confirmed that this person does not exist. Therefore, the name is an alias or decedent is not a Mexican National. This individual had been previously apprehended July 2008 AAA)

February 22, 2008 - “Martin Cardenas Aguilar Salmiron” Living photo (Remains found in a desert canyon. Recent match in AFIS to a record under Martin Cardenas Aguilar Salmiron, from Chihuahua, Mexico. Alias name of Martin Aguilar Gutierrez. Neither the nationality or names have been verified. AAA)

October 7, 2009 - “Vicente Toledo” Living photo (Decedent was a day laborer working with two others when he collapsed to the ground and was transported to the hospital. Coworkers stated that they did not know his name, only that he may have been from Vera Cruz, Mexico. Decedent used an alias of "Vincente Pineda Toledo." Recent AFIS fingerprint match to Vincente Toledo. None of this self-reported information has been verified by NOK or the Mexican Consulate. AAA)

July 13, 2010 - “Oswaldo Angulo Martinez” Living photo (Decomposed remains found by U.S. Customs Agents in the desert. Recent hit in AFIS to a record under the name Oswaldo Angulo Martinez, possibly from Sonora, Mexico. Name and nationality have yet to be verified. AAA)

June 15, 2011 - “Rosalia Mayolgo Silva” Living photo (The remains were recovered in an area known for migrant activity. Recent DNA match under the name Rosalio Mayorga Silva (AKA Ramon Torres Torres. Rosalio Mayorga Silva, Juan Garcia, Marcelo Garcia, Rafael Silva, and Silvestre Arraola). None of these names have been confirmed. Nayarit, Mexico is the suspected place of origin. Bracelet with the name Cora on it.)

July 30, 2011 - “Ernesto Torres” (The decedent was found in a field by EMS. He had been seen a short time earlier in the same vicinity. It appears he may have been homeless. He had the name Ernesto Torres 11/07/48 on a food pantry card, but it is unknown if that is his name/dob. All leads for that name/DOB so far have been closed-prints, photos, etc. Reportedly, he may have been from Tampico Mexico.)

July 15, 2012 - “Armando Lopez-Rivera” Living photo (Mummified remains found in remote desert area. Fingerprints matched to USBP record, including multiple arrests and under several names, including Armando Lopez-Rivera. None of the names are verified. He was released from US prison in May 2012 and was deported to Mexico on 17 June 2012. AAA)

May 8, 2013 - “Romairo Robledo Bariaz” Living photo (Decedent found on floor of residence reportedly used by smugglers. He is believed to be an undocumented border crosser who was apprehended by USBP in 2008 and at that time provided the name Romairo Robledo Bariaz. He told USBP he was from Mexico, but the Mexican Consulate has not been able to confirm the name or nationality. Recent match in AFIS to same record. AAA)

May 9, 2013 - “Romairo Perez Morales” Living photo (Decedent found in residence following a report of domestic violence. Fingerprints have been matched to a USBP record under the name "Romairo Perez Morales" who reported his residence in Chiapas, Mexico. AAA)

June 21, 2013 - “Roberto Portino Calderon” Living photo (Decomposed body found in known drug smuggling corridor along with another adult male, who had a similar date of death (See UP case 12292). Decedent had two ID cards recovered from him in the name of Roberto Portino Calderon from Morelos, Mexico. Alias names include Roberto Fortino Caldero. Real name is believed to be Roberto Fortino Calderon, from Puebla, Mexico. BTB AAA)

August 10, 2013 - “Eduardo Garcia Morales” Living photo (The subject was found by Homeland Security agents that were patrolling a desert area near Gila Bend Arizona. He is believed to be an immigrant who was traveling on foot to the United States. He was in the possession of multiple Mexican identification cards bearing the name Eduardo Morales Ponce as well as documentation from a Mexican prison regarding an arrest on 3/17/2013 in Mexico. ******* The decedent has been identified by fingerprints as Eduardo Garcia Morales. The name has yet to be verified.)

October 29, 2015 - “Antonio” (Oneida County Sheriff’s Office investigated an apparent suicide that occurred on 10/29/2015. The victim is only known as “El Mechanica” or “El Mechanico,” and is possibly a homeless man from the El Mirage and Phoenix, Arizona areas. He may also be from Durango, Mexico. He was picked up in El Mirage, AZ on 10/23/2015 and brought to Idaho to harvest sagebrush seed. It is possible his first name is Antonio.)

December 7, 2015 - “Abdel Carbajal Alvinez” Living photo (Incomplete skeletal remains discovered by USBP. Also found was a worker's card under the name "Abel Perez Carbagal" who may have been from from Guerrero, Mexico. Recent possible match to a record under the name Abdel Carbajal Alvinez (AKA Bladimir Calleja Medina). Possibly from Jalisco, Mexico. BTB)

December 5, 2016 - Tattoos: “Zacatecas”, Possible initials RB (The decedent was found inside an empty tank rail car which was parked in a rail yard. The train car had been traveling from Guadalajara, Mexico to Houston, TX. )

July 19, 2017 - (Unknown Hispanic male was brought into Calvary Hospital where he was pronounced dead. He gave his name as "Juan Rios Rivera" and said that he was homeless. Fingerprints came back to "Bernando Hernandez" and "Antonio Hernandez Vital". Date of birth in 1971. None of these names have been confirmed and no next of kin has been located. He is possibly from Mexico.)

October 3, 2018 - “Javier Valencia” Living photo (The male was found face down at a residence and was decomposing. There was nothing suspicious about this death. The individual was known as "Javier" and possibly had a last name "Valencia/Valensia". There are no known family members. An acquaintance thought he may have been from Oaxaca, Mexico.)

January 28, 2019 - Several aliases (Unknown male found under the Gowanus Expressway, where he was known to live. Possible names of: Alfonso Meneces, Alfanzo Manasas, Alphonso Meneses, Adolfo Mendez, Alfonso Menses, or Alfonso Zacaula. None of these names could be verified. Possibly from Mexico.)

January 17, 2020 - “Eduardo Flores Medez” (This individual was discovered in a remote area north of Ramsey Canyon which is west of the city of Sierra Vista by a USBP agent in January, but due to weather conditions and the terrain was recovered in March by Cochise County SO. Paperwork was found near the decedent with the possible name of 'Eduardo Flores Mendez' from Distrito Federal Mexico.)

El Mechanico was identified a month after his suicide. His name is Juan Antonio Alvarado-Rincon. His family doesn't want to pay for a burial so that's why he's still up, but wouldn't they add him to ClaimUs? Also, his cause of death was a neck wound.

Last edited by a moderator:
The family of a young Guatemalan woman believed to be among 19 victims of a massacre in northern Mexico is urging the Mexican government to bring those responsible to justice.

State prosecutors in Mexico’s Tamaulipas state said there were at least two Guatemalans among the bodies found. The attorney general’s office said in a statement that investigators had so far genetically identified four of the dead with the aid of their families.

Two were Guatemalans and two were Mexicans, the office said, without giving the names of the people. Some Guatemalan families had said they feared loved ones trying to migrate to the US were among those killed in Tamaulipas.

Authorities said preliminary findings suggested that 16 of the bodies were male, one was female, and two were still unclear because they were so badly burned.

Paola Damaris Zacarias, 22, from the small Guatemalan town of Catarina near the border with Mexico, is suspected to have been among those who died.

Paola’s father, Gerardo Zacarias, said the family had given DNA samples in the hope that investigators can identify the remains found in Tamaulipas, an often dangerous region where migrants have previously fallen victim to ruthless drug gangs.

Hector Zacarias was disconsolate.

“These are young people with goals, who were battling to get ahead in the world,” he said. “But unfortunately, they fell into the hands of people with no heart, no mercy.”
Missing Guatemalan woman's family urges Mexico to solve killings of 19 suspected migrants

Paola Damaris Zacarias, 22, from the small Guatemalan town of Catarina near the border with Mexico, is suspected to have been among those who died, her grieving family told Reuters.

“We want justice, an investigation that gets right to the bottom of who was responsible,” her brother Hector Zacarias said in an interview on Friday. “I ask the Mexican authorities to look into this, to find out the truth, and what motivated it.”

“This has caused us great sorrow.”

Paola’s father, Gerardo Zacarias, said the family had given DNA samples in the hope that investigators can identify the remains found in Tamaulipas, an often dangerous region where migrants have previously fallen victim to ruthless drug gangs.
Guatemalan woman's family urges Mexico to solve killings of 19 suspected migrants

10 more bodies found at mass grave in Rocky Point, bringing total to 58

Ten more bodies were discovered buried in Rocky Point, the Attorney General’s Office in the Mexican state of Sonora announced Saturday. The discovery brings the total number of human remains recently uncovered in the area to 58.

Forty-two bodies were initially discovered in a mass grave near the beach resort town approximately 200 miles from Phoenix. Last weekend, the group Searching Mothers of Sonora said it discovered six additional bodies and that armed men forced them to abandon their search.

On Saturday, experts from the attorney general’s Scientific Forensic Intelligence Lab, accompanied by staff from the Mexican Association for Clinical Research, completed the excavations in five graves.

The 10 newly-discovered sets of human remains appear to be complete bodies.

Lupita Orduño, spokeswoman for the Sonora Attorney General's Office, has previously said it was too early to come up with theories on why the bodies were buried in a mass grave because they first had to determine how they died or were killed.

Anyone who believes a family member of theirs is among the dead may make a complaint and complete a DNA test at one of the Attorney General’s Departments of Expert Services. These are located in the towns of San Luis Rio Colorado, Caborca, Nogales, Agua Prieta, Hermosillo, Guaymas, Ciudad Obregón and Navojoa.

It is crucial for families to present official identification and at least two direct family members, such as parents, children or siblings.

In Mexico, authorities have identified the remains of nine other victims — all Guatemalan — who were among 19 people killed in a massacre in the northern state of Tamaulipas. Of the 16 victims identified so far, two were Mexican and 14 Guatemalan. The 19 bodies were found shot and charred in a town near the U.S.-Mexico border in January. A dozen Mexican state police were arrested last week for their possible involvement in the massacre.
More Remains of Mexico Massacre Victims Identified | Democracy Now!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back