US - 3 nursing home workers - Jade Williams 21, Aubrey Granata 21, McKenzie Bolfa 20 - accused of taking innapropriate images of patients - 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What qualifications would a 20 yr old have to work in a nursing home? Or are nursing homes so desperate for workers that they hire anyone with no regard for training?

Hopefully this crime stays on their records forever so that they can never pass a vulnerable persons check again.

What qualifications would a 20 yr old have to work in a nursing home? Or are nursing homes so desperate for workers that they hire anyone with no regard for training?

Hopefully this crime stays on their records forever so that they can never pass a vulnerable persons check again.
A person could be a PCA (cna / nurse’s Aid ) easily at 18. Looks like as young as 16-17 in some states. Training and other requirements probably varies by state as well. I don’t know if the article specified their jobs, but housekeeping and dietary aids could also be teenaged.

A person could be a PCA (cna / nurse’s Aid ) easily at 18. Looks like as young as 16-17 in some states. Training and other requirements probably varies by state as well. I don’t know if the article specified their jobs, but housekeeping and dietary aids could also be teenaged.
They had solid entry-level jobs in a field that could offer opportunities for a lifetime.....and they screwed it up out of callousness and disrespect. I hope they never are offered jobs in any health-care position, ever.

With luck, they grow up fast from this, snap out of their disrespect, and stop hanging around others who think irresponsibility is funny. (Sorry I don't feel hopeful about that happening.)

jmo

Yikes! That's not even old enough to qualify for a Vulnerable Person's check prior to employment, at least not here in Ontario. But who knows, these three miscreants might have had clean records and wouldn't have been sifted out anyway. Although, I suspect there is a delinquent past there somewhere.

Moo...for what reason would they be able to be in contact with a deceased person? If a person is deceased are the not removed from property by medical examiner?...moo

I really can’t fathom the motive?? Were they REALLY just sending these back and forth to each other as some sort of cruel joke? What 20 year old women are that comfortable with touching dead bodies anyway? I would’ve run as far as I could, that’s creepy as heck. moo

Wow….. at least these ‘fine individuals’ are not juveniles so that this will be buried in some off the record finding or court filings. And with that now publicly available sure hope that Guthrie, OK and even perhaps federal authorities look into proper charges.

What horrid, offensive, disrespectful, and reprehensible behavior. And just have to wonder what kind of images they send of themselves. And no, please do not post any here. MOO

I really can’t fathom the motive?? Were they REALLY just sending these back and forth to each other as some sort of cruel joke? What 20 year old women are that comfortable with touching dead bodies anyway? I would’ve run as far as I could, that’s creepy as heck. moo

They were probably selling them on the dark web. Can't think of any other reason to do something so disrespectful and macabre.

Moo...for what reason would they be able to be in contact with a deceased person? If a person is deceased are the not removed from property by medical examiner?...moo
An elderly person at a nursing home who passes away will be picked up by the funeral home that they or their family have chosen. No need for the medical examiner to come for an expected death. Sometimes it takes a few hours for this to happen though and staff typically goes in the room and gives a bed bath and cleans the person up so I'm guessing they went in the residents room while the body was awaiting transport either to prepare the body as part of their job or just to be nosey.

Usually in a person of advanced age with known diseases the Coroner would be notified and would just sign off of it unless otherwise notified, and a funeral home would pick up the deceased person's remains. This might take a while.

I think they should be charged under the same law that makes it illegal to record a sex act without consent or to record in a restroom. I see this as extremely deviant behavior, not just a little mistake. I think they should go on the registry. Some might argue that the victims were dead when the pictures were taken. But the issue of consent should still be in force. Further, there are living victims, the friends and loved ones of those who were wronged, and, I would argue, society at large. When is enough enough? imoo, throw the book at them.

In the '90's we did intensive case management to get people off of "generational" welfare. Welfare to Work program. I was doing this project at the time, and CNA was the quickest, easiest, fastest job to get for many of our people.

I am sure that I will probably burn in Hell for that, or worse yet, have one of those folks as my CNA. We didn't really ask them if they wanted to be a CNA.

In the '90's we did intensive case management to get people off of "generational" welfare. Welfare to Work program. I was doing this project at the time, and CNA was the quickest, easiest, fastest job to get for many of our people.

I am sure that I will probably burn in Hell for that, or worse yet, have one of those folks as my CNA. We didn't really ask them if they wanted to be a CNA.
It still is quick and easy to get, when I worked in the single parents program at job corps, the cna program was what most of the Mom's were enrolled in and I don't think any of them wanted to be CNA's or had any idea what they were getting into. It's a job that will burn you out really fast though especially in a nursing home.

It still is quick and easy to get, when I worked in the single parents program at job corps, the cna program was what most of the Mom's were enrolled in and I don't think any of them wanted to be CNA's or had any idea what they were getting into. It's a job that will burn you out really fast though especially in a nursing home.
It is often a go to career path probably because of the short training time and the pay can be higher than say a cashier. Overtime always available and differentials as well. Can also be - and should be imo- a stepping stone to a nursing degree, being flexible enough (per diem shifts) to work around a nursing school schedule.

I recently chatted with a pca who was on her third 18 hour shift of the week, due to lack of staff. It is an extremely demanding job both physically and mentally imo. Even here in the land of “good healthcare” staffing levels are just plain scary in both nursing homes and hospitals.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DariaFedorova
Back