US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“We are about to see a lot of disinformation spreading about who is behind the shooting, who executed it, and the events that led up to this moment,” Roberta Braga, the founder of the think tank Digital Democracy Institute of the Americas, wrote on X. “Watch for emotional language.”

"I was shot with a bullet that pierced the upper part of my right ear," Trump wrote in a post on Truth Social hours after the incident. "I knew immediately that something was wrong in that I heard a whizzing sound, shots, and immediately felt the bullet ripping through the skin."

John Miller on CNN:

People saw individual with cammo pants walking through field with rifle. Saw him again on roof.

From there he fired, 3 shots and then 5-7 shots from SS counter snipers.

Questions as to how law enforcement didn’t spot him and why snipers didn’t see him first. Speculates maybe he was confused as law enforcement based on how he was dressed.

Trump was ushered into “short” motorcade, as opposed to the long one he arrived in.

No info on suspect yet.

Trump turning or the angle of the shot may explain wound. What doctors removed will let them know what exactly hit him (fragment, etc).

As far back as 2015, when he announced he was running, old twitter was flooded with assassination threats and they were not removed.
Yep. It's really unbelievable that it was permitted to continue and get worse. Political parties always fight but now this has erupted into a volcano with lava that's impossible to contain.

“We are about to see a lot of disinformation spreading about who is behind the shooting, who executed it, and the events that led up to this moment,” Roberta Braga, the founder of the think tank Digital Democracy Institute of the Americas, wrote on X. “Watch for emotional language.”
It's already happening.

Luckily WSers don't fall for anything but reliable sources grounded in reality, or at least I'm counting on that.
jmo

This will indeed be used as a launchpad for broad-sweeping statements that aim to put entire groups of people in all too convenient boxes, instead of being considered the act of fringe thinking it likely was.

The acts of outliers should not be used to define the intentions of the many.

I have already cancelled my evening out plans. I have no desire to be at the pub when people start drinking and arguing. I will not participate in violence when I can simply stay home and stay safe

I foresee a lot of violence heading our way because of this.
You are very wise!
I hope and pray you are wrong about the violence though.

I think Americans on both sides of the political fence will shun and condemn any further violence related to this despicable incident.

We are still the greatest nation on the face of the earth and the world is watching closely.
Civilized people can and must agree to respectfully disagree.

Most well educated Europeans (for example) are keen to discuss politics and curious to respectfully ask us questions. I would hope that we could carry on respectful discussion without resulting to animalistic ignorant behavior (violence)
I shudder to think about the chaos that would have ensued if the sniper’s mission would have been successful.

This is a sad day for our country on many levels.

Praying fervently for peace and that the political ugliness we have seen may be a thing of the past.
Maybe this will be seen as a “wake up call” to restored civility.
All just Imho

Wow. Wth was the Secret Service doing? Why had this roof not been secured prior the event? And, even watching footage of the speech as the bullets started & as the Secret Service worked to get him off the stage, there are multiple moments when you can clearly see Trump. Look at the multiple photos that have emerged as he was bundled off the stage. The camera people certainly had clear shots of him before he was put in an SUV & driven away. I thought Secret Service was more on top of things than this & especially after he was grazed, I'm astonished that he was not completely hidden from view. Seems like multiple lapses in the security perimeter, imo.

And then there's the guy saying they saw the shooter, tried to point him out to LE on the ground & Secret Service that were surveying from further away & using binoculars. That witness also said that there's not even a lot of stuff in the area so why wasn't it locked down prior to this event?

Seems like so many lapses.

If that person is legit saying he saw the shooter, etc, it sounds like everything happened at once and they took out the shooter as fast as they could. But that's, JMO.
Maybe. I was just under the impression that the counter snipers job is to look outside the containment area for a threat just like this.

My question is why didn't they see the shooter with his rifle before the shots rang out? Witness's saw the shooter crawling onto the roof of the building with his rifle minutes before he fired.

We will find out more in the future but it looks like a possible breakdown in security to me. JMO.

According to the National Archives, four U.S. Presidents have been assassinated, beginning with Abraham Lincoln in 1865, followed by James Garfield in 1881, William McKinley in 1901 and John F. Kennedy in 1963.

Assassination attempts were also made on the lives of two other sitting presidents – Andrew Jackson and Ronald Reagan – and one former president, Theodore Roosevelt. An assassination attempt was also made on president-elect Franklin Roosevelt, 17 days before his inauguration.

I heard the news about Trump being shot through my brother. When he showed me the pictures, I was in shock. I legit thought they were AI generated. Very despicable act. All forms of violence should be condemned.

It seems the shooter fired from the roof of an adjacent building. I'm surprised they even got access. And the pants they had on seemed military style- servicemember?

3 min ago

House Oversight Committee chair calls for Secret Service director to appear for a hearing

From CNN's Annie Grayer

House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer said he has contacted the Secret Service for a briefing and is calling on Director Kimberly Cheatle to appear for a hearing.

The Oversight Committee will send a formal invitation soon, Comer said in a statement Saturday night.

“I thank the brave Secret Service members who put their lives at risk to protect President Trump and for the American patriots in the audience who helped innocent victims,” the Kentucky Republican said. “Political violence in all forms is unamerican and unacceptable. There are many questions and Americans demand answers.”

Wow. Wth was the Secret Service doing? Why had this roof not been secured prior the event? And, even watching footage of the speech as the bullets started & as the Secret Service worked to get him off the stage, there are multiple moments when you can clearly see Trump. Look at the multiple photos that have emerged as he was bundled off the stage. The camera people certainly had clear shots of him before he was put in an SUV & driven away. I thought Secret Service was more on top of things than this & especially after he was grazed, I'm astonished that he was not completely hidden from view. Seems like multiple lapses in the security perimeter, imo.

And then there's the guy saying they saw the shooter, tried to point him out to LE on the ground & Secret Service that were surveying from further away & using binoculars. That witness also said that there's not even a lot of stuff in the area so why wasn't it locked down prior to this event?

Seems like so many lapses.

The video/audio I saw while Trump was on the ground clearly had agents state that the shooter was down and no more gunshot's were being exchanged. It seemed to me that Trump had a clear grasp on his instructions to immediately get down to the bullet proof barrier and remain there until agents could reach him. I thought it was remarkable he didn't panic and had the presence of mind to recall his training. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back