US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was thinking it was much further out, and even then it would be an incredible risk. This is so close it’s embarrassing they didn’t see him.

There will be a full investigation though.
Absolutely, manufacting business with a nice big parking lot full of spots for shooter to chose from. Wouldn't that be something if they found his car there.

The attack, by a shooter who law enforcement officials say was then killed by the Secret Service, was the first attempt to assassinate a president or presidential candidate since Ronald Reagan was shot in 1981.

The perils of campaigning took on a new urgency after the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy in California in 1968, and again in 1972 when Arthur Bremer shot and seriously hurt George Wallace, who was running as an independent on a campaign platform that has sometimes been compared to Trump’s.

That led to increased protection of candidates, even as the threats persisted, notably against Jesse Jackson in 1988 and Barack Obama in 2008.

Presidents, particularly after the assassination of John F. Kennedy in 1963, have even greater layers of security. Trump is a rarity as both a former president and a current candidate.

Thank you Knox for sharing that article with the somber reminders of that history. IIRC there were also two attempts on President Gerald R. Ford in 1975.

One attempt on September 5, 1975 by Lynnette ‘Squeaky’ Fromme in Sacramento, California. And another on September 22, 1975 by Sara Jane Moore in San Francisco, California.

I cannot recall whether Wikipedia is an allowed reference source so will not include them here. MOO

Does anyone know where the rally goers who were shot were seated or standing relative to Trump?
They appeared to be in the bleachers behind Trump.

As a side note, Trump might not of been grazed by an actual bullet. Presidential candidates, presidents etc. speak from behind a shield of ultra clean and ultra low reflective bullet proof glass (must be very expensive).

At times, you can get a glimpse of the glass shield if a camera catches the reflection. Some of the cameras at the rally appear to show the very fine edge of the glass.

Anyways.... when a high velocity projectile hits a protective surface, the protective material can stop the actual projectile, but the impact can also send parts of the shield spraying backwards at high speed. I think these fragments of glass is what cut Trump.

The military calls this "spall". Spall can be dangerous to soldiers in tanks and other military vehicles. So.... these vehicles have "spall liners" behind the armor designed to catch these fragments. But... you cant really put a spall liner behind bullet proof glass because, every one wants to be able to see the candidate.

I suspect the shooter then started firing high (over the nearly invisible glass barrier) and then struck several other people.

Last edited:
I think we don't know yet whether the SS officer shot the gunman from ground level or from another roof top? Will be interesting to learn from the investigation whether there was any surveillance in place at a higher level.
There was surveillance from a roof above the stage. I'm not sure if the SS agent pictured was the one who returned fire, but there's a video of him reacting as the shots initially rang out.

CNN is playing a video taken outside the rally, right below where the shooter was stationed. People scream "he's got a gun," and "he's on the roof," in an attempt to notify law enforcement. Seconds later the shots ring out.
Yep. So why didn’t LE and SS take the two witnesses who saw the gunman seriously? The witness actually said LE ignored him.

Hey Everyone,
You are seeing many members on timeouts. We put up several warnings asking you not to post unapproved sources, not to post wild "facts" without linking to an approved source, and to stop being political. When members post things like this, it creates so much work for our mods because a ton of members report it. We have to check it out and deal with it again and again.
I don't like having to do this but I don't know how else to get our message across.
We want you to discuss, but you know the rules. It's why Websleuths is considered a reliable source for the public and law enforcement.
Thank you,
Tricia

Yep. So why didn’t LE and SS take the two witnesses who saw the gunman seriously? The witness actually said LE ignored him.
I think it's less that LE ignored the witness and more that they were following their orders of where to put their attention. You can't shout at SS/LE and expect them to automatically divert their attention from what they are supposed to be watching. Otherwise anyone could distract them for ill intent - they have to remain focused.

jmo

how do i know what’s real on website and whats not just asking because i don’t want 2 b looking up wrong stuff and i believe i have because i have also seen stuff that says something about a name and stuff like that and i am only asking this 4 help not trying 2 get kicked out of here but just asking if im ok asking
Stick to main stream news sites and ignore the rest. There’s lots of fake info going around, to include the photos of a particular comedian who gets accused in every single event like this.

Does anyone know where the rally goers who were shot were seated or standing relative to Trump?

"Joseph said he was sitting in a set of bleachers at the far left of the podium when he heard "several gunshots" ring out. He said he saw a man a couple of yards away fall to the bottom of the bleachers after having been shot in the head.

He said it was "rather chaotic at that point" as he was trying to figure out where the gunshots were coming from. He said that it seemed the shots were coming from behind the bleachers and that the man was hit from behind, in the back of the head.

Joseph said the man appeared to have been killed instantly.

State police and a SWAT team then began evacuating everyone in the bleachers. Joseph said that he helped officials carry the dead man off of the bleachers to a tent nearby and that officials put a towel over his head before they carried him off.

Joseph said he did not know the man, who has not been publicly identified.'

cont:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme