US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
now

Trump says he looks forward to speaking from Wisconsin this week
Donald Trump has published his second statement on the Truth Social social media platform since the Pennsylvania shooting on Saturday. In it, the former Republican president said he looks forward to speaking from Wisconsin where the Republican National Convention will be held this week.

“In this moment, it is more important than ever that we stand united, and show our true character as Americans, remaining strong and determined,” Trump wrote.

“Let me get my shoes”: What was said on stage in the seconds after Trump was shot

From CNN's Amarachi Orie, Chris Liakos and Andrew Millman

Moments after he was shot at a rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, on Saturday afternoon, Donald Trump was seen with blood on his ear and cheek as he was rushed off the stage.

Audio reveals how the chaotic shooting scene played out from the view of Trump and those involved in getting him to safety.

Trump was in the middle of speaking when several shots rang out. He clasps his ear and ducks as Secret Service agents surround him. “Get down, get down, get down,” one says. Another shot sounds and a woman screams.

Several voices of Secret Service agents are heard - one says “up!” another “stairs are ready, stairs are ready.” Trump can be heard as well but his words are indistinct. More agents go on stage, some holding assault rifles. Trump’s supporters in the background look shocked, while some film with their phones.

After hearing that the shooter is down, Trump and the agents stand up. Here’s what was said:

Trump: “Let me get my shoes, let me get my shoes.”

Male agent: “I got you sir, I got you sir.”

Trump: “Let me get my shoes.”

Another male agent: “Hold on, your head is bloody.”

Male agent: “Sir we’ve got to move to the…”

Trump: “Let me get my shoes.”

Female agent says “okay” before saying something about the shoe.

Trump: “Wait, wait, wait.”

He then fist pumps to the crowd and mouths the word “fight” three times – a move met with cheers by the crowd.

Trump and the Secret Service team move away from the podium and head to the cars as the crowd chants “USA. USA. USA.”

Watching GMA, they are saying he appears to have acted alone. But a senatorial candidate and first row witness, Dave McCormick, said he felt shots may have came from 2 directions.
In crime reconstruction school they remind you to account for 'friendly fire.' Personally, I hope he acted alone (and we already know he was neutralized). JMO

Mr. Crooks appears to have graduated in 2022 from Bethel Park High School, which has about 1,400 students, and received a $500 “star award” that year from the National Math and Science Initiative, according to The Tribune-Review in western Pennsylvania.

When did it all take a turn?

He could have chosen a life for good. Instead, he wasted his and others’ lives.

As posted further back on this thread, and elsewhere, the shooter was a registered Republican.

It doesn't make much sense to me either, but thems the facts
Why would a republican supporter shoot their own candidate strange obviously the young man in question had mental health issues not questioning that .. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Secret Service: 'Untrue' that Trump's team asked for extra resources

NEW

Some more comments now from the Secret Service, who have released a new statement.

Anthony Guglielmi, a spokesman for the agency, says there is an "untrue assertion" circulating that a member on Donald Trump's security team had requested extra security "resources" and that request was "rebuffed".

"This is absolutely false. In fact, we added protective resources & technology & capabilities as part of the increased campaign travel tempo," Guglielmi says.

Why would a republican supporter shoot their own candidate strange obviously the young man in question had mental health issues not questioning that .. <modsnip>
Reminder: just because you belong to a party doesn't mean you like the leading candidate. (Example, many Dems don't want their current presidential candidate.)

As for the Jan 2021 donation, I'm holding opinion on that too as he was 17 years old at the time, and it was the most tumultuous month politically that most of us have ever experienced. It was an intense time of emotions and he was at an impressionable age.

I'm waiting for more info, while at the same not wanting more info as it's disgusting to use violence.

jmo

Here is a summary of what we know so far about Thomas Matthew Crooks, 20, who was named by the FBI as the “subject involved” in the attempted assassination of former president Donald Trump:

- Crooks lived about an hour away from where the shooting took place in Butler.

- When Crooks was 17 he made a $15 donation to ActBlue, a political action committee that raises money for left-leaning and Democratic politicians, according to a 2021 Federal Election Commission filing. The donation was earmarked for the Progressive Turnout Project, a national group that rallies Democrats to vote, Reuters reported.

- Crooks graduated in 2022 from Bethel Park High School, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. He received a $500 “star award” from the National Math and Science Initiative, according to the newspaper.

- Law enforcement officials said on Saturday that Crooks carried no identification to the site of the shooting and had to be identified using other methods.
“We’re looking at photographs right now and we’re trying to run his DNA and get biometric confirmation,” Kevin Rojek, FBI special agent in charge, said during a press briefing.

- USA Today reported that dozens of law enforcement vehicles were stationed outside a residence listed at the address on Crooks’ voter registration record. Agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives were reportedly on the scene and a bomb squad was at the residence.

- Crooks’ father, Matthew Crooks, 53, told CNN that he was trying to figure out what happened and would wait until he spoke to law enforcement before speaking about his son.

And this

The shooter made one singular $15 donation to the liberal ActBlue political action committee on January 20, 2021 — Biden’s Inauguration Day, the Intercept reported.

Reminder: just because you belong to a party doesn't mean you like the leading candidate. (Example, many Dems don't want their current presidential candidate.)

As for the Jan 2021 donation, I'm holding opinion on that too as he was 17 years old at the time, and it was the most tumultuous month politically that most of us have ever experienced. It was an intense time of emotions and he was at an impressionable age.

I'm waiting for more info, while at the same not wanting more info as it's disgusting to use violence.

jmo
Yeah you are correct 17 years of age is an impressionable age and quite young to be making donations to political parties tbh at 17 I would not have been able to tell you who my country's heads of government were politics just weren't on my radar it's probably different for American kids as drummed in from young age about allegiance to the flag and so forth even still 20 years of age very young to be attempting an assassination on a presidential candidate and former president especially one with such notoriety as Trump

Last edited:

His registered voter status has been posted in a previous post, from the state's voter registration site.
If you click on the attachment in this post, you can see it.

I looked him up in the state's voter registration site.

View attachment 517712

"The House will conduct a full investigation of the tragic events today. The American people deserve to know the truth," he said. "We will have Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle and other appropriate officials from DHS and the FBI appear for a hearing before our committees ASAP."

Last edited:
And I'm sure that the SS radio messages were that the shooter was down very quickly after the shots. Which should have been the case given that the counter sniper behind Trump appeared to be literally watching the guy!
He appears to take two shots very early on then stops.

It seems that he had the shooter in sight instantly, in my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon
Back