US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's the news blurb where its stated that LE first encountered the shooter outside the event,

So authorities spotted him while he was still on the ground (where was his gun???) and were concerned enough to keep on eye on him.

Then what happened? How did he slip out of sight? And, I repeat, where was the gun during all this?

And how did he know how to scale the building and get to the roof? Did he practice and if so, when?

jmo

The safety of these political events isn't just for the politician, but for the attendees, staff, community, etc....and for the entire nation.

We need to be able to assemble peacefully without the threat of being shot for pete's sake.

No violence, folks. NONE.

jmo
It would be nice to do *a lot of things* in this country without the fear of being shot. Political assemblies, festivals, nightclubs, going to school, grocery shopping…

Social media photo of Corey Comperatore, the fatal victim in the crowd during the Trump rally shooting in Butler, Pennsylvania

Comperatore’s sister, Dawn Comperatore Schafer, said her brother died while trying to protect his daughter when gunfire rang out during Trump’s speech.

“The hatred for one man took the life of the one man we loved the most. He was a hero that shielded his daughters,” she wrote on Facebook
That is so sad.

Good catch, seems that combined with where the donation was made and the fact that there was a man by the same name in the state the donation was made lend a lot of credibility to the donation not being made by the shooter.
Except there was a donation made by the shooter (as well as others with the same name, but different ages and cities). He was 17 at the time the donation was made.

The shooter is the one on the bottom at this link:

Browse Individual contributions - FEC.gov

Click on his name to see his info.

So authorities spotted him while he was still on the ground (where was his gun???) and were concerned enough to keep on eye on him.

Then what happened? How did he slip out of sight? And, I repeat, where was the gun during all this?

And how did he know how to scale the building and get to the roof? Did he practice and if so, when?

jmo

From what I recall of the conversataion, he slipped out of sight, away from where the magnetometers could detect him. It sounded like he set one of them off. There were crowds around. They put out the word on all LE earpieces. Everyone started looking, but didn't see him again until several people spotted him on the roof. It was mostly people on the ground who saw him right before the shooting.

Outdoor events like this are so difficult for security to manage. There are so many ways for people to hide, reappear, etc. It's basically an open field full of people. No fences or anything. A very large space to cover.

Attachments

• IMG_2082.jpeg
    IMG_2082.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 25
Former First Lady Melania Trump, in a powerful statement Sunday, called on Americans to “ascend above the hate, the vitriol, and the simple-minded ideas that ignite violence” after an assassination attempt on her husband, former President Donald Trump.

Melania Trump thanked the U.S. Secret Service agents for protecting the former president and offered her sincerest sympathy to the victims who were shot at the rally. One spectator died, while two remain seriously injured.

“When I watched that violent bullet strike my husband, Donald, I realized my life, and Barron's life, were on the brink of devastating change,” she wrote in a statement...

From what I recall of the conversataion, he slipped out of sight, away from where the magnetometers could detect him. It sounded like he set one of them off. There were crowds around. They put out the word on all LE earpieces. Everyone started looking, but didn't see him again until several people spotted him on the roof. It was mostly people on the ground who saw him right before the shooting.

Outdoor events like this are so difficult for security to manage. There are so many ways for people to hide, reappear, etc. It's basically an open field full of people. No fences or anything. A very large space to cover.
I'm not necessarily doubting you, or these details, but I'm having a hard time reconciling them with other accounts of people telling LE there was a man with a gun on the roof and LE doing nothing about it.

Yet not old enough to buy a handgun!
Who needs to wait to be old enough to buy a handgun when you can just buy an assault rifle the year you're old enough to graduate high school? </end sarcasm>

Access to Firearms
• It is very easy to buy a gun in Pennsylvania
There is no waiting period.
There is no license or permit to purchase required.
• There is no training required before or after purchasing a firearm.
The minimum age to purchase a long gun (rifle, shot gun, semi-automatic rifle) is 18. The minimum age to purchase a handgun is 21.
• There is no limit on the number of guns one may purchase at a time.
• There are virtually no regulations on the sale of ammunition.
Private sales (by unlicensed dealers) of long guns (rifles, shot guns, semi-automatic rifles) do not require background checks.

Apparently, shooter’s parents were both certified behavioral health counselors (screenshot from linked article).

JMO, it seems odd that people in that profession would own an AR 15 style rifle. Those are guns made to kill human beings, not for hunting.

I'm not necessarily doubting you, or these details, but I'm having a hard time reconciling them with other accounts of people telling LE there was a man with a gun on the roof and LE doing nothing about it.
Yes. They were looking for him all around. They got those reports. The SS officer spotted him on the roof, but the killer shot before the SS officer.

As I said, it sounded like it all happened fast. I'm sure there was a lot of chatter and confusion, too. JMO

The Wall Street Journal reported that Crooks had used his father's AR-style gun. Pennsylvania law would have allowed Crooks to purchase a long gun after he turned 18.His father appears to have no criminal convictions which would have prevented him owning a firearm

But more concerningly, authorities found two explosive devices in Crooks' car and one in his home, the New York Times reported a person with knowledge of the investigation as having disclosed.

Law enforcement officials have not dismissed the possibility that Crooks acted alone, and they are investigating suspicious packages found near the gunman’s location

Except there was a donation made by the shooter (as well as others with the same name, but different ages and cities). He was 17 at the time the donation was made.

The shooter is the one on the bottom at this link:

Browse Individual contributions - FEC.gov

Click on his name to see his info.
Where’s the age of person who donated listed? It also says they in Pittsburgh.

IMG_7513.pngIMG_7514.png

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*