US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Investigators believe the weapon that Crooks used had been purchased by Crooks’ father at least six months ago, the law enforcement officials said. Federal agents were still working to understand when and how his son obtained the gun and to gather additional information about Crooks, according to the officials.

One former classmate, who confirmed photos of Crooks, told The Post, “He didn’t seem like really weird or anything. I would have pegged him as a Republican.”

The classmate added: “He was more of a loner. He probably had a friend group, but not many friends.

Asked why he wasn’t in the 2022 yearbook, the classmate said “Maybe he didn’t come back after Covid.”

“He never outwardly spoke about his political views or how much he hated Trump or anything,” another Bethel Park High graduate, Sarah D’Angelo, told The Wall Street Journal Sunday morning.

Last edited:
"Law enforcement officials found two explosive devices in Mr. Crooks’s car — and believe they may have found a third at his residence, according to a person with knowledge of the investigation.

They now believe it is possible that Mr. Crooks expected to survive the shooting at the Trump rally, and might have inflicted further damage if he had not been killed."

So authorities spotted him while he was still on the ground (where was his gun???) and were concerned enough to keep on eye on him.

Then what happened? How did he slip out of sight? And, I repeat, where was the gun during all this?

And how did he know how to scale the building and get to the roof? Did he practice and if so, when?

jmo
How did he know that building was outside the security perimeter and did not have a sniper on it, or even a sniper watching it?

CNN —
In the wake of the attempted assassination of Donald Trump, there are widespread concerns and questions about how a sniper was able to obtain rooftop access roughly 150 yards from the former president’s position at the podium at an outdoor rally.

Sources have described the shooting as coming from the “three o’clock” position of Trump’s podium location, with shots coming from his right side. Seconds after gunfire rang out, Secret Service counter-assault snipers began shooting the suspect who was found on top of a roof.

Notably, the shooter’s location was outside the security perimeter, raising questions about both the size of the perimeter and efforts to sweep and secure the American Glass Research building, and how the shooter was able to obtain rooftop access.

Law enforcement sources say that part of the aftermath will include a review of whether the Secret Service had enough assets to protect Trump days ahead of officially becoming the Republican presidential nominee and whether procedures were followed to conduct security sweeps of the building that offered a vantage point for the alleged shooter.

“Foundationally, one of the most basic elements of site security, especially a site that’s outside and largely uncontrolled, is (to) eliminate sight lines to this space where the protectee will be either speaking or just occupying,” former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe said on CNN’s “State of the Union” Sunday morning. “When you look at that map, it so clearly points to those buildings that are within it, clearly within shooting range.”

Where’s the age of person who donated listed? It also says they in Pittsburgh.

View attachment 517783View attachment 517784
It has his home address street, even though it says Pittsburg. I've seen that sort of thing done before numerous times. It's happening where I live now, and used to happen at a different city I lived in. Apparently some computer programs use a different city name for whatever reason. It's VERY annoying to me.

Anyway, there was a 20 year old living at that street address, in that state. I found his info matched using his full birthdate, zip, etc., when I was checking the donation info and his voter status, which is why I'm sure it's the right person. But, that's JMO. :)

Suspect described as 'lonely,' 'quiet'​

Former classmates of the suspected shooter, 20-year-old Thomas Matthew Crooks, of Bethel Park, Pennsylvania, described him to ABC News as a student who was "quiet" and did not have many friends.
"He was somebody who came across as lonely a lot," said Jameson Myers, who said he attended both elementary and high school with Crooks.
Myers described him as "more socially reserved" and someone who "didn't have a ton of friends."

The Demolition Ranch YouTube creator, Matt Carriker. responds to the fact that Thomas Crooks was wearing his channel’s shirt at the time he engaged in this act:

It has his home address street, even though it says Pittsburg. I've seen that sort of thing done before numerous times. It's happening where I live now, and used to happen at a different city I lived in. Apparently some computer programs use a different city name for whatever reason. It's VERY annoying to me.
Bold and snipped by me - in the Pittsburgh area, a wide area simply uses the city name as Pittsburgh, even though the different ZIP codes and school districts have more distinguishing names. For instance ZIP code 15102 (from the donation form being discussed) shows as Bethel Park on a Google search.

Apparently, shooter’s parents were both certified behavioral health counselors (screenshot from linked article).

I think that this could ironically make them less aware of their own kid’s problems. Like they could have worked with kids who were more obviously troubled and not seen their kid in that way.

GettyImages-2161956366.jpg

CHICAGO, ILLINOIS – JULY 13: Headliner Cody Johnson performs onstage during Windy City Smokeout at the United Center on July 13, 2024 in Chicago, Illinois

It seems baffling to me he expected to survive an assassination attempt after firing not just at Trump but members of the crowd being tragically killed. I also wonder if he were indeed a loner if he was radicalised online. Your average young graduate is not out there making bombs and shooting presidents imo. Jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaspurrjax
Back