US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Demolition Ranch YouTube creator, Matt Carriker. responds to the fact that Thomas Crooks was wearing his channel’s shirt at the time he engaged in this act:

I wondered when Matt would respond. What a twisted course of events to have an assassin wearing your social media branding t-shirt. Matt & family are solid people.

jmo

I'm starting to come to the same conclusion.

jmo

JMO, he might have done it to impress his friends on the gun channel on YouTube. It's significant that he wore their t-shirt while he did it. A guy who wasn't popular at school, he probably found a lot of new friends online at the gun web site. He probably became fascinated with the AR15-style rifle after his dad bought it several months ago.

For those people who love guns, having a new one in the home probably presents a temptation to try it out. Add in a web site where everyone is probably bragging about what they're doing or fantasizing about using their assault rifle. Maybe he did think he could get away with it. Having Trump's campaign rally nearby gave him an opportunity.

I wonder if it was a bit spontaneous and maybe the lack of his own planning meant there wasn’t any smoke beforehand for intelligence to notice?
The existence of the explosive devices would suggest an element of planning went into this, rather than it being off the cuff. Guns and ammo might be readily available in the US, but explosives aren't. There's no constitutional right to build bombs.

I don't understand the reaction. The threat isn't any greater today than yesterday or the day before, IMO. It's not like there's a serial killer on the loose, targeting politicians. Anyone thinking of harming knows even more now how it would end for them.
Copycats are an issue, especially with the conventions coming up. People also need to be reassured that any lax in security is addressed. Nerves are high with a close call that a politician was almost assassinated. All of those are reasons to be concerned in the moment, imo.

jmo

'Seems like maybe some sort of failure (active and/or verbal) communication between ground patrol LE (state, local) AND SS. Not everyone involved in security at this event was on the same page.

JMO
I think that’s part of it. The guys being notified would have been law enforcement, and not SS, who were the ones providing over watch with trained marksmen. So they may have not been able to relay that information in time.

The other part is the fact that those over watch guys didn’t see the shooter in the first place.

A former FBI agent on CNN last night was incredulous that rooftop wasn’t covered, as it was the single best location to take a shot at Trump. He said they should have had a SS on that very roof for that reason.

A former FBI agent on CNN last night was incredulous that rooftop wasn’t covered, as it was the single best location to take a shot at Trump. He said they should have had a SS on that very roof for that reason.
Yes, I heard. What on earth would make them so lax with security? Over-confidence?

JMO, he might have done it to impress his friends on the gun channel on YouTube. It's significant that he wore their t-shirt while he did it. A guy who wasn't popular at school, he probably found a lot of new friends online at the gun web site. He probably became fascinated with the AR15-style rifle after his dad bought it several months ago.

For those people who love guns, having a new one in the home probably presents a temptation to try it out. Add in a web site where everyone is probably bragging about what they're doing or fantasizing about using their assault rifle. Maybe he did think he could get away with it. Having Trump's campaign rally nearby gave him an opportunity.
As a follower of Matt's channels for years, I can assure you 10,000%, no one on the platforms, or Matt or his wife or any of their family or associates would ever be impressed by this sickening, senseless act of violence toward human beings.

jmo

I don't understand the reaction. The threat isn't any greater today than yesterday or the day before, IMO. It's not like there's a serial killer on the loose, targeting politicians. Anyone thinking of harming knows even more now how it would end for them.
I think there are a lot of incidents that happen to members of Congress and other elected officials that go unreported, but that instill fear in those members. They also routinely receive death threats. They aren't publicized because of the concern that it will encourage copycat violence. The latter is probably the biggest concern right now - that other nutty people will be triggered by this incident and act out. JMO, it's common sense to avoid public events for a while.

Authorities on Sunday identified the person killed as Corey Comperatore, a firefighter from Sarver, Pennsylvania who had two daughters and was an avid Trump supporter.

Yesterday time stopped," said Allyson Comperatore, the victim's daughter, on Facebook. "And when it started again my family and I started living a real-life nightmare.

Based on reports stating he first tried to get in, then later turned away due to possibly being detected, I'm going to guess the latter.
It’s hard enough to get a small handgun through security (metal detectors, pat downs), let alone a long gun.

I don’t believe he ever tried to make entry, as he would have been caught before he even got close to security.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaspurrjax
Back