US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for this! But my question is not about whether the SS was present. Clearly it was. Does he also have private security as he did during the 2016 campaign? Does anyone know the answer? If so, what did they do to protect Mr. Trump?
No he does not. He does not need private security, the law provides for his protection by the secret service.

His children do, as well as other family members.
Moo...

Shooting suspect was rejected from high school rifle club

The man suspected of shooting Donald Trump previously sought to join his high school’s rifle club, but was rejected and asked not to return, two students who were members of the team at the time told ABC News.

The suspect, Thomas Crooks, attended what was described as "preseason" for the rifle club, which is held before tryouts, but he did not make it to the tryouts, the two team members said. Both students said Crooks was a "bad shot," with one adding that he wasn't the right "fit."

"He didn't just not make the team -- he was asked not to come back because how bad of a shot he was. It was considered like, dangerous," classmate Jameson Myers told ABC News.

"On the first day of preseason, he basically couldn't even hit the target," Myers said.

"He didn't just not make the team -- he was asked not to come back because how bad of a shot he was. It was considered like, dangerous," classmate Jameson Myers told ABC News.

"On the first day of preseason, he basically couldn't even hit the target," Myers said.
Yikes.

The head of the SS abruptly refused to answer any questions about this attempted assassination.
I personally am not thinking very highly of her at the moment.
She ain't talking, her boss ain't talking, and her boss's boss ain't talking.

I think the American people deserve/need more than a few more fuzzy words to calm the situation.
Moo....

I'm curious about any schooling after high school. He was apparently bright, having received an award for math and being involved with the school computer lab. Did he attend college? In person or remote?

Since we're not hearing much about it, I'm assuming he was not attending college. And, we are not hearing about employment either.

How was he spending his time? Idle hands are the devil's workshop. Was he doing anything productive? Not having a purpose can put your mind dwelling on things that aren't healthy - like showing your high school rifle team you can make a shot more impressive than any of their shots.

I'm thinking this is a case of a young man who wasn't building his life so he decided to destroy it and everything around him (including, potentially, national peace*).

jmopinion, worth what you paid for it

*Don't let him succeed.
One of the latest articles linked here states that he worked in a nursing home.

This is getting very confusing, you are responding to a post that is responding to another post, not a news article or anything factual and someone asked about the "I'm not buying this at all" as if it means someone is lying. It was just someone's opinion that a possibility is that the shooter was mistaken for another LE sniper. You have to work your way back to the original post to respond to that idea.
The point is,
1. it was stated by a former FBI agent that the shooter was probably mistaken for their own security.
2. Posters give reasons that this would be impossible.
3. I guess rather than my asking why they are lying, which is admittedly not good phrasing, I should ask, then why did he go unnoticed?
That is what I ought to have asked.

If the security on that roof wasn't lacking, how would it end for the would-be shooter? Would he be apprehended at all if he never entered the venue?

I think the American people deserve/need more than a few more fuzzy words to calm the situation.
Moo....
I’m quite shocked they even agreed to this press conference so soon. All participants and witnesses need to be debriefed before uttering a word to the press. We deserve the complete story and what changes will be made, especially when securing outdoor locations. IMO

I also wonder about his education, and why such a seemingly intelligent young man would not go on to college, and instead is employed as a food service worker at a nursing home. I suspect deep mental issues and a "failure to launch", possibly due to anxiety. Not garden-variety generalized anxiety but the kind where a person ruminates over the same thoughts all day and night. Whether politically motivated, or as @Inthedetails mentioned, an underlying desire to destroy (coupled with the wish for notoriety), this culminated in suicide by cop in the most spectacular way.

I’m quite shocked they even agreed to this press conference so soon. All participants and witnesses need to be debriefed before uttering a word to the press. We deserve the complete story and what changes will be made, especially when securing outdoor locations. IMO
I'm thinking it was to reassure people that the convention venue is safe and secure. Otherwise people would be crying out - what about Milwaukee?

jmopinion

I can barely hear some of it. So frustrating.

I personally do not think the shooting was essentially politically motivated. The shooter wanted notoriety even though he knew it would most likely cost him his life. It sounds like he didn’t really have friends growing up. JMHO

Here's a link with closed captioning at least. But still it seems like the camera was turned on only partway through. Very frustrating, imo.

I also wonder about his education, and why such a seemingly intelligent young man would not go on to college, and instead is employed as a food service worker at a nursing home. I suspect deep mental issues and a "failure to launch", possibly due to anxiety. Not garden-variety generalized anxiety but the kind where a person ruminates over the same thoughts all day and night. Whether politically motivated, or as @Inthedetails mentioned, an underlying desire to destroy (coupled with the wish for notoriety), this culminated in suicide by cop in the most spectacular way.
For now, I'm thinking he is not different than school shooters. Instead of horrifying the nation by shooting kids, he shot a presidential candidate.

Suicide by sniper.

jmo

Moo....
I think she knows they failed and she failed. It will ultimately fall on them and they didn't do their job yesterday. I am sure tough questions are being asked and she will have to answer to someone for this failure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back