US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Shooting suspect was rejected from high school rifle club

The man suspected of shooting Donald Trump previously sought to join his high school’s rifle club, but was rejected and asked not to return, two students who were members of the team at the time told ABC News.

The suspect, Thomas Crooks, attended what was described as "preseason" for the rifle club, which is held before tryouts, but he did not make it to the tryouts, the two team members said. Both students said Crooks was a "bad shot," with one adding that he wasn't the right "fit."

"He didn't just not make the team -- he was asked not to come back because how bad of a shot he was. It was considered like, dangerous," classmate Jameson Myers told ABC News.

"On the first day of preseason, he basically couldn't even hit the target," Myers said.

Fortunately, he was a bad shot, and he missed.

JMVHO.

For now, I'm thinking he is not different than school shooters. Instead of horrifying the nation by shooting kids, he shot a presidential candidate.

Suicide by sniper.

jmo

Classic mass shooter, imo.

I created a thread years ago comparing a bunch of mass shooters, it’s floating around here somewhere.

From the quoted link, the crowd money authorized by the Trump campaign to support victims and families, after the former president's apparent assassination attempt, has raised over $2.3 million — more than double of the fundraiser’s goal.

I hope these victims and families feel the arms of the world surrounding each of them.

For now, I'm thinking he is not different than school shooters. Instead of horrifying the nation by shooting kids, he shot a presidential candidate.

Suicide by sniper.

jmo
This is my thinking too - I'm guessing he wasn't very motivated politically, rather he hadn't found a place in society and lashed out like school shooters do. Crooks might have been just as inclined to shoot Biden.

Crooks worked in a local nursing home kitchen just a short drive away from his home, the BBC understands.
Another former classmate of his, Summer Barkley, cast him differently, telling the BBC that he was "always getting good grades on tests" and was "very passionate about history".

"Anything on government and history he seemed to know about," he said. "But it was nothing out of the ordinary....he was always nice."

"He was there but I can't think of anyone who knew him well," one former classmate, who asked to remain nameless, told the BBC. "He's just not a guy I really think about. But he seemed fine.
Mr Myers (
a memeber of the rifle team) remembers Crooks as seemingly a "normal boy" who was "not particularly popular but never got picked on or anything."

“He was a nice kid who never talked poorly of anyone and I never have thought him capable of anything I’ve seen him do in the last few days.”

At least one schoolmate says that Crooks wasn't bullied. The guy who said he was, wasn't in his class, but saw him at lunch.

Last edited:
33 min ago
Trump is en route to Milwuakee
BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

1 of 2 |
A motorcade with Republican presidential candidate former President Donald Trump arrives at a campaign event in Butler, Pa., on Saturday, July 13, 2024. (AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar)

2 of 2 |
People watch from the side of the road as a motorcade, presumably transporting Donald Trump to the airport, passes by in Bedminster, N.J., Sunday, July 14, 2024. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig)

In a post shared on social media, Trump campaign adviser Dan Scavino said the former president was “so grateful for all of your prayers, support and well wishes” as he heads to Milwuakee for the Republican National Convention.

I think she knows they failed and she failed. It will ultimately fall on them and they didn't do their job yesterday. I am sure tough questions are being asked and she will have to answer to someone for this failure.
She has been asked to appear before the U.S. House of Representatives on Monday, July 22nd, right after the RNC ends. This will just be the beginning for Congress' investigation into how this could happen.

I wouldn’t say he was (that) bad a shot, esp at over 200 yards (not sure what final distance calculation is).

A couple inches on that shot up or left and…

Moo.

Nice to see you, @margarita25 !

I agree completely. Although at this time, there is still confusion as to what hit DT--was it a bullet or something else?

Did his podium have something clear surrounding it? If so, did a bullet hit it and shatter?

I'm very glad he missed. I can't even begin to think about the fallout if DT had been hit.

My thoughts and prayers are with DT, his Family and Friends, and the Victims' Families and Friends.

JMVHO.

Last edited:
They said in the article that he was mistaken for their own security sniper.
I'm not buying this, the shooter had long hair, no identifying law enforcement clothing, they all had radios why didn't somebody ask, if they were unsure. The snipers had high powered scopes on their long guns, why couldn't they see this was not one of their own?

Nope major failure for ALL !!!
Moo

Then what is the answer to how this was allowed to happen?
I have no idea how this was allowed to happen.

It's a massive failure that is what I know. I am not much interested in the blame game, but I do hope they thoroughly investigate and get to the truth of how this happened. The only way they prevent this from happening again is to know exactly how it was possible and fix the problems.

Nice to see you, @margarita25 !

I agree completely. Although at this time, there is still confusion as to what hit DT--was it a bullet or something else?

JMVHO.

Glad to be here with you all, came here as soon as I heard the news.

I thought it had been determined it WAS a bullet?

Do we have any photos of shell casings, crime scene markers, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back