US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
People here who claim to have worked in the field keep convincing me that is not a remote possibility. So let me reword it: Why are they giving such a weak explanation? Lying was the wrong word to use; I was rushing.
Well for this I think sometimes people say something because nothing feels like the wrong answer when something of this level happens. When the best thing they can do is say nothing until they know for sure what happened. So maybe it wasn't a lie.. maybe it was speculation that maybe SS saw this guy up there and assumed it was local LE. Well SS should NEVER assume. It is their job to know. Period. It's their job to know. The other part of that is the shooter just does not even remotely look like LE. SS would know that just by looking and they had a rifle with a darn good scope they could see into and basically see him as if he was right there beside them.

Nice to see you, @margarita25 !

I agree completely. Although at this time, there is still confusion as to what hit DT--was it a bullet or something else?

Did his podium have something clear surrounding it? IDK.

JMVHO.
If it did we would have been able to see damage. The teleprompters don't show damage nor any sort of so called screen. Also if you recall the SS agents that were behind him and those in the front ran to him, if there was a screen how would that happen? I don't think there is confusion at all. MOO

I truly think that if that cop didnt climb up there, causing him to hurry, this situation would've been much more serious
Yes, I'm sure that helped. The obvious unanswered question though is why he didn't engage, and attempt to stop the shooter in the first place.

And of course the question as to why SS snipers didn't have constant eyes on that building.

If it did we would have been able to see damage. The teleprompters don't show damage nor any sort of so called screen. Also if you recall the SS agents that were behind him and those in the front ran to him, if there was a screen how would that happen? I don't think there is confusion at all. MOO
Thanks for explaining that so nicely. Makes sense.

jmo

Well for this I think sometimes people say something because nothing feels like the wrong answer when something of this level happens. When the best thing they can do is say nothing until they know for sure what happened. So maybe it wasn't a lie.. maybe it was speculation that maybe SS saw this guy up there and assumed it was local LE. Well SS should NEVER assume. It is their job to know. Period. It's their job to know. The other part of that is the shooter just does not even remotely look like LE. SS would know that just by looking and they had a rifle with a darn good scope they could see into and basically see him as if he was right there beside them.
Summing all that up, it would appear to have been some kind of extreme laxness. They need to get on top of their game. An audience member is dead; another critically wounded. These rallies are not safe to attend.

Don't let the "what if" stop you. What comes after.... can be equally frightening. I'm deeply concerned.
I agree, President Trump continues to be at risk as the campaigning continues. I can't imagine how hard it will be for him to stand at the podium at upcoming rallies and not be overcome by post traumatic stress. Keeping him in my prayers during this very dangerous time.

I truly think that if that cop didnt climb up there, causing him to hurry, this situation would've been much more serious
I can't help thinking this is why Corey Comperatore died and the other two males were critically injured.
Crooks knew the jig was up and he went into motion.

Another thing I'm questioning - why didn't the two snipers on the roof near the platform, get a radio communication to take him out in the time between when he was initally seen and when he began to fire? The cop who climbed up there knew about it, why didn't the two snipers? Do I not have these details right, if so - someone please correct me.

I think the confusion comes from inital reports claiming his injury was from broken glass.

Seconds before the gunman opened fire, he came face-to-face with a municipal police officer who wasn’t equipped to neutralize him, Butler County Sheriff Michael T. Slupe said in an interview Sunday with The Washington Post.

Slupe said an officer from Butler Township hoisted himself just high enough to peer onto the roof of the building adjacent to the rally, and the gunman turned around and aimed at him. Because the officer was gripping the roof’s edge, Slupe said, he didn’t have a gun in his hand and dropped back down to the ground.

“He lets go because he doesn’t want to get killed,” Slupe said.
That’s when the gunman began firing onto the fairgrounds, the sheriff said.
Slupe said the municipal officer had gone to examine the roof based on a law enforcement request to try to identify a suspicious individual seen near the rally. He said he did not know if that request came from a federal, state or local agency.

If true, this interruption/interaction:
- surely would have rattled young Crooks;
- likely disordered his breathing/sight alignment and trigger squeeze;
- resulting in
- the resulting
- result.

I'm not buying this, the shooter had long hair, no identifying law enforcement clothing, they all had radios why didn't somebody ask, if they were unsure. The snipers had high powered scopes on their long guns, why couldn't they see this was not one of their own?

Nope major failure for ALL !!!
Moo
Absolutely!

SS is literally the BEST at what they do. They are highly selective of who is allowed to be in the SS and this isn't a lack of training or something like that. They failed and I don't know why, but I don't buy that they thought this shooter was LE. I could believe they didn't see him, he was hidden until it was too late or that they didn't have a good angle or authorization to shoot, but I just don't believe anyone thought that shooter was LE.

The failure started when this guy was allowed to walk up to this building with a rifle and then climb the building. That is where it started. He never should have even been able to get that far or that close.

Gunman was a member of a local Pennsylvania gun range

Little information has come out about the alleged suspect, 20-year-old Thomas Crooks.

The latest detail to emerge is that he was a member of a local gun club in Jefferson Hills, Pennsylvania, roughly 50 miles (80km) from where the assassination attempt occurred.

The Clairton Sportsmen's Club's president, Bill Sellitto, told CBS News, the BBC's US partner: "We can confirm that Mr Crooks was a member of the Clairton Sportsmen's Club.

"Beyond that, the club is unable to make any additional commentary in relation to this matter in light of pending law enforcement investigations."
Selitto said the club "fully admonishes the senseless act of violence" and offers its "sincerest condolences" to the victims.

Rally shooter’s family is cooperating with the investigation, FBI says

BY ALANNA DURKIN RICHER, COLLEEN LONG, ZEKE MILLER, ERIC TUCKER

The shooter’s family is cooperating with federal investigators, according to an FBI official.

Relatives of Thomas Matthew Crooks of Bethel Park, Pennsylvania, have not returned multiple messages from The Associated Press seeking comment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back