US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Democracy and fair play 'not quaint notions' - Biden

President Biden has concluded his speech on the importance of upholding US values to protect the country's future.

He called on citizens to strive for a democracy where "arguments are made in good faith" and "where the rule of law is respected".

"An American democracy where decency, dignity and fair play aren’t just quaint notions but living breathing realities - we owe that to those who came before us, to ourselves, to our children and our grandchildren," he finishes.

You can hold onto a ladder with one hand, and use your free hand to do anything you want. That’s how construction workers do their jobs.

We’ll learn more soon I’m sure via a police report or something.
True, but what I read implied he had pulled himself up on the ledge, not that he was holding onto a ladder. But you’re correct, we’ll find out.

You can hold onto a ladder with one hand, and use your free hand to do anything you want. That’s how construction workers do their jobs.

We’ll learn more soon I’m sure via a police report or something.
Was there a ladder? I missed that. Why would a ladder be up against a building. That might be an invitation for problems.

The president and vice president have been briefed. Homeland security has spoke with the secret service and been briefed.

It's time the American people are briefed. We should not have to wait week months for a thorough indepth investigation before we know what happened. Americans will judge this attempted assassination based on what the media is reporting. Many live witnesses are speaking out, we have many facts, now we need answers and quickly.

The last thing I want to hear tonight, is kumbaya, hug your neighbor and let's all be one happy family. I think if that's the message the American public will be infuriated.

This is a very serious situation, an attempt was made on a previous president and public figure running for office.

It's a .... tell us what you know, and let's move on and try to heal, or they can let this fester.

Moo
It's a crime scene, just as with any similar crime. It will take a while to investigate, just as similar crimes are investigated here every day.

They know who the shooter was, where he got his weapon. The rest will take time.

Unfortunately, its not the first or last attempted assassination of a president or ex-president. There's a process and procedures to follow.

Was there a ladder? I missed that. Why would a ladder be up against a building. That might be an invitation for problems.
@Fabled Automatic posted a pic in the following post. The ladder can be seen behind the evergreen trees/shrubs.

The shooter attempted to somewhat hide his ladder

View attachment 517899
Source:
The shot you posted above is here on Google maps, you can zoom in and out and Google walk the facility from a few different angles. What do you mean hide his ladder?

I'll certainly didn't mean to imply that, and understand how my statement does appear to convey that.

I guess what I'm trying to say... Is, as we see with so many families here, exposed to horrific trauma, the ability to heal is in the answers to the questions .... why did this happen, how did this happen, who's responsible, who's accountable, what are we going to do to prevent it in the future.

I don't think we can heal until we know what and why. It's just human nature. We see families suffer through trials, seeking answers.
Moo

I understand your frustration. I could not and would not work in LE, so I'm not meaning to criticize anyone in particular, but reading things like:
The apparent assassination attempt against former President Donald Trump at a rally Saturday did not prompt any changes to the U.S. Secret Service’s security plan for the Republican National Convention that starts Monday
is, in my opinion, NOT what hurting Americans are needing nor wanting to hear right now. When wounds are still fresh, fears are still high, and many questions still unanswered, saying "we don't need to change anything" does nothing to quell those fears and comfort a disturbed public. One is dead, others injured, and a President was almost killed. Just saying, they could have worked on their optics a little.

Source of quote:

@Fabled Automatic posted a pic in the following post. The ladder can be seen behind the evergreen trees/shrubs.
The red circle of the object on the roof confuses the comment about the ladder behind the bushes.

The shot you posted above is here on Google maps, you can zoom in and out and Google walk the facility from a few different angles. What do you mean hide his ladder?

I'm guessing he felt putting it behind those large cedars was a good cover for the ladder.

Where did the killer get a ladder? He was seen before the shooting. Someone would have noticed him carrying that big ladder.
If he was denied entry to the rally, perhaps this was a back up plan. The explosives in the vehicle a third plan. ? It will be interesting to know if he had planted the ladder on the property ahead of time, and if so was this property actually swept by LE/SS? If so, was it missed? If not, why not.

This may have already been said - but it bears repeating, if Trump had not turned his head when he did, it likely would be a different story. I don’t think the shooter was as bad a shot as is being implied.
Agree, I think the men in the bleachers were shot because the Cop appeared. It's been said when the officer retreated, he laid down and immediately began to fire. In other words, he was forced to hurry and take aim before he could be stopped.

1721003384665.png

Thanks for those links. I wonder if any of those buildings have cameras that cover the parking areas. Curious if he’d been on film, so to speak, scoping out the place in person. You’d think he would have had to go in person at least once, as the access wasn’t simple.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back