US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Senate leaders respond: No place for political violence

Senate Majority leader Chuck Schumer wrote on X/Twitter, that "violence has no place in our politics".
"Tonight, all Americans are grateful that President Trump appears to be fine after a despicable attack on a peaceful rally," he wrote.
"We appreciate the swift work of the Secret Service and other law enforcement."
Senate Minority leader Mitch McConnell said he was "horrified" by what happened to Trump and relieved he is safe.
"Political violence has no place in our country," he wrote.

Attachments

• GSZ5fPEWUAAVQ52.jpg
    GSZ5fPEWUAAVQ52.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I'm a journalist who's covered Trump in NYC (including his trial) and, as stated by someone else upthread, his campaign events have intense security screening to get into the actual event. Outside of the event perimeter, however, security is non-existent.

One day during his trial, there wasn't even a single barricade separating protesters from Trump's motorcade.

Donald Trump. Foto: AP/X

I'm a journalist who's covered Trump in NYC (including his trial) and, as stated by someone else upthread, his campaign events have intense security screening to get into the actual event. Outside of the event perimeter, however, security is non-existent.

One day during his trial, there wasn't even a single barricade separating protesters from Trump's motorcade.
Interesting. They shut down Southern Blvd here when he commutes from Mar-a-Lago to the airport. I've seen it a few times, they are moving fast.

Mar-a-Lago is very secure, 8' walls on 2 sides and a wall out front. Seawall out back and SS security towers all over the place. Out back there are always numerous Suburban SUV's with guards.

This makes sense to me. I work with glass and that was exactly what I was thinking the wound looked like, glass or like glass ( like fired ceramic).
Agreed it didn’t look like a bullet. I mean then you’d probably just fall. He looked more like “ow what was that” followed by ducking down on purpose. I’m glad he and his team reacted so quickly.

In the US we vote for our candidate. We don’t try to take out the other one.

1 min ago

Senate GOP candidate Dave McCormick was in the front row of Trump rally and says he saw others injured

From CNN’s Emma Tucker

Former Trump campaign adviser David Urban told CNN he spoke with Senate Republican candidate Dave McCormick, who was sitting in the front row of the rally, and he believes other people were injured in the incident.

Urban told CNN on the air that Trump told McCormick during the rally to “come up here on stage,” at which point he heard a few “pops” to his left – the former president’s right – that sounded like “firecrackers.”

“He saw Trump drop down and he believes a gentleman was shot in the head behind him in the second row, and believed some other people may have been injured,” Urban told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer.
McCormick dropped to the ground at that point, and when he got up, Secret Service agents were “around everybody and they were scattering,” Urban continued.

Urban said he has run close to 50 Trump rallies, which had “magnetometers all over the place.”

“The notion that somehow, somebody was able to get a firearm in there, is just beyond me because there is as much security there as there is going into any event where the president or former president is,” he said.

2m ago

Shooting at Trump rally being investigated as assassination attempt

The Associated Press reports that two law enforcements officials have confirmed that the shooting at Donald Trump’s rally is being investigated as an attempted assassination.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
friesandchips
Back