US Virgin Is - Sarm Joan Lillian Heslop, 41, British, aboard vessel Siren Song, St. John, 7 Mar 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the article. Other than one nasty comment in social media there's no mention in the article of he being an issue let alone "The Bane of her Existence". Are they ommitting information or is it bad journalism?? Thanks for sharing with us and welcome (despite the circumstances)
I assume the headline was a play on the yacht owners name.

Yacht Siren Song 47 ft cat
Leopard 47 is a South African classic catamaran designed for blue water cruising, over 150 have been built between 2001 and 2006. Has two 56 hp Yanmae 4JH-3E engines giving it a speed under power of approx. 10 knots but better fuel economy (20 l/hr) at 8 knots
Here are some pictures of another one for sale:
2003 Leopard Leopard 47 Catamaran for sale - YachtWorld
and here is another similarly equipped, with lots of technical info:
Leopard 47 - Whitsunday Escape™
including a rigid inflatable tender with 6hp outboard, and an electric anchor.

Attached is the update at 7 months. The go fund reached £10,000 last month. Looking at the photos, Sarm looks full of fun and surrounds everyone with happiness.

7 months – #FindSarm

Looking at those lovely memories of Sarm leads me to believe she had many true friends who enjoyed her company. It's difficult to imagine that same person becoming a "problem" for the Captain so much so that she hasn't been seen since last dining with him. Why? How did he make her disappear?

If the FBI could garner enough data against the Captain, he would have been arrested by now. He is hiding under the cloak of his attorney. It is infuriating!

#FindSarm

Well, at least his whereabouts seem to be known now, so that's progress. :rolleyes:
Surely LE could acquire a search warrant now that the boat is up for sale to the public? Scrubbed or not IMO it's worth a thorough search; just one stray drop of blood on a wall or ceiling or in the dinghy could blast the case wide open.

At this point there's nothing to lose; the odds say RB is involved in Sarm's disappearance and will likely get away with murder (IMO) so why not try?

Surely LE could acquire a search warrant now that the boat is up for sale to the public? Scrubbed or not IMO it's worth a thorough search; just one stray drop of blood on a wall or ceiling or in the dinghy could blast the case wide open.

At this point there's nothing to lose; the odds say RB is involved in Sarm's disappearance and will likely get away with murder (IMO) so why not try?

I agree. But do you think that if other people (i.e. prospective buyers) have been all over the boat it would make any kind of blood evidence too weak to stand up in court? Or even inadmissible? Or do you think that, given Sarm hasn't been seen since that night, any blood of hers would be compelling enough to at least arrest and question him? Or is it all just meaningless as she could have had a nosebleed/cut herself chopping food/whatever, at any point before she disappeared? I can't make up my mind.

The boat being for sale doesn't make getting a warrant any easier. However once it's sold, they might be able to do a search if the new owner gives them permission.

I agree. But do you think that if other people (i.e. prospective buyers) have been all over the boat it would make any kind of blood evidence too weak to stand up in court? Or even inadmissible? Or do you think that, given Sarm hasn't been seen since that night, any blood of hers would be compelling enough to at least arrest and question him? Or is it all just meaningless as she could have had a nosebleed/cut herself chopping food/whatever, at any point before she disappeared? I can't make up my mind.
My honest opinion is that it's too late and RB will be free to harm and maybe even murder again. IMO the USVI LE did not do their jobs and pursue a search warrant; look at all the other cases here where very little probable cause is required for a thorough investigation. A woman missing under mysterious circumstances off a boat in the middle in the night is IMO most certainly grounds for a search warrant. The USVI is under US jurisdiction - it's not some backwards country ruled by dictators!

IMO local authorities are happy to see RB sail off far away and leave them alone. I don't know if they're intimidated, corrupt, lazy or what but the moral of the story is don't get murdered in the Caribbean.

But... I do believe an indication of blood on a surface that's unexpected, like in the cabin as opposed to the galley or blood indicating spray like on a ceiling or high up on a wall should be sufficient to arrest Bane. I doubt it would be enough for a conviction but maybe it would serve as a warning to him to avoid harming another woman the next time he's pissed.

Bah.

The Captain does not deserve to sale the yacht and move on with his life as a millionaire when Sarm is nowhere to be found. jmo

Wish we knew if there was a history of DV in their relationship. How does one go from everything being just fine one evening to Sarm vanishing from Bane's sight? There had to be arguments or disagreements of some sort that led up to her disappearance, yes? Otherwise, it's an oddity I can't understand.

"Domestic Violence” is the occurrence of a criminal act, as defined by Title 16 Virgin Islands Code Section 91, including but not limited to Assault, Battery, Burglary, and/or attempts or threats against a person who may be protected under the law. Protected persons include a spouse or former spouse, parent or child, person related by blood or marriage, household member, a person with whom the perpetrator had a sexual or otherwise intimate relationship.

Domestic Violence is a pattern of behavior which, without intervention, is likely to increase over time in both frequency and severity, too often ending in death of the victim."
Domestic Violence - United States Virgin Islands

Tourist industry is paramount. The country has to keep this quiet.

I read that about Hawaii a few days ago. Same. Locals are forced to conserve water for the tourists. Tourists are not warned about slippery and dangerous hiking trails. Among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper