Found Safe UT – Hazelle, Berlynn, Adelyne & Autumn Brimhall w/Allison Brimhall 39, South Jordan, Dec'21 *Arrest

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
389262e7-b542-435a-be15-da7db82003c5-large16x9_BrimhallAMBERAlert.jpg

AMBER Alert issued for four girls out of South Jordan

SOUTH JORDAN, Utah (KUTV) —

A Utah AMBER Alert has been issued for four children out of South Jordan who were last seen Saturday morning.

Their ages range from 9 to 12 years old.

The children were identified as 9-year-olds Autumn and Adelyne Brimhall, 11-year-old Berlynn Brimhall and 12-year-old Hazelle Brimhall.

They were believed to be with 39-year-old Allison Brimhall. She was described as having blonde hair and blue eyes, standing 5 feet 4 inches tall.

Officials with the South Jordan Police Department said the girls were taken Saturday morning before 11 a.m. The AMBER Alert was issued around 1:30 a.m. Sunday.

They said the suspect was believed to be driving a white four-door Toyota Tacoma. The vehicle's license plate number was not available.

Details about where the girls were taken, the circumstances surrounding their abductions or where they believed the group was headed were not provided.

Anyone with information about the whereabouts of the girls or Allison Brimhall has been asked to call 911 or South Jordan police at 801-840-4000.

I don't have Facebook, but from the picture with the article, it looks like the youngest child is the one who is not in the Amber Alert. They are a beautiful family. Something must have gone terribly wrong for the children to be considered to be in danger. I wonder if it has to do with the mother's health.

Edited to add Updated Information: Allison is a resident of California, and it is believed they might now be in California.

Last edited:
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-news/amber-alert-activated-for-4-girls-out-of-south-jordan

last updated 7:37 AM, Dec 12, 2021
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah — An AMBER Alert was activated Sunday morning for four girls under 12 out of South Jordan.

The suspected abductor is 39-year-old Allison Brimhall. Police said an initial report was filed at 3 p.m. Saturday by the father of the girls, but that the abduction happened at 10:45 a.m.

The father has temporary full custody of the children, while Allison, the mother, only had supervised visitation rights. Officials believe Brimhall may be taking the children to San Diego and have notified officials in California.

Authorities are looking for a 4-door white Toyota Tacoma truck.

DEC 12, 2021
Amber Alert issued for 4 children taken from South Jordan | KSL.com
[...]

... The father attempted to locate the children and their mother before filing a report, police confirmed.

[...]

Police have identified the suspect as Allison Brimhall, 39, the biological mother of the children. Police say she has some mental health issues. Brimhall is not allowed to have the girls without supervised visitation, according to the statement. ...

[...]

Amber Alert for 4 children taken from South Jordan canceled

The Amber Alert issued by South Jordan police and the Department of Public Safety for four children early Sunday has been canceled.

The girls were located safely in California with their mother, according to South Jordan DPS in a tweet.

The Brimhall girls have been found safe in CA and the Amber Alert has been cancelled. Thanks for the public's help!

— South Jordan Public Safety (@SoJoPoliceFire) December 12, 2021

I came here to look for the thread. Obviously I have no idea of the backstory, but to see beautiful mom raising awareness about this devastating disease with her husband by her side just two years ago and now this??? I had questions.

Very sad but glad they were found safe.

Utah lawmaker says AMBER Alert overused after non-custodial mom accused of taking children

(KUTV) — Chances are your phone went off early Sunday morning with an AMBER Alert for a non-custodial mother accused of taking four daughters, and the suspicion she was headed with the girls to California.

By noon, the AMBER Alert was cancelled, and the girls had been found safe in the San Diego area.

"I think AMBER Alerts are a very powerful tool, and I think the public is losing patience with them," said Sen. Todd Weiler, R-Davis County, in a 2News interview Sunday night. "It seems nine out of 10 of them are parents with their own children, and I'm just not sure the public wants to be informed."

Weiler, a divorce attorney, sent out a tweet Sunday, saying, "Repeat after me: Amber Alerts should not be used for custody disputes between parents."

Reaction to those words, he said, has been mixed — but he estimated feedback he's received has run 80% in favor, 20% opposed to his stance.

"I had about a hundred likes," Weiler said, "and I've had some people calling me a horrible person."

On Facebook Sunday evening, people said issuing an AMBER Alert when non-custodial parents are involved should depend on the circumstances.

"Does a child or the non-custodial parent have a medical condition that requires special meds?" asked a person in one post.

"Thankfully, this turned out with the children being safe," another said. "How many times has that not been the case?"

Weiler said criteria for AMBER Alerts could be altered, perhaps by the Legislature; he maintained if alerts are minimized by being issued too often, people won't pay attention when a child is in great danger.

"It's a little bit of the boy crying wolf syndrome." he said of the alerts. "I think people are tuning it out; people think it's a joke."
Personally, I don't agree with him that the Amber Alert is overused. It is only used if it is determined that the child is potentially in danger. Being with a parent doesn't necessarily exempt a child from danger -- it depends on the individual case.

Last edited:
Allison Brimhall has been charged with 4 counts of felony child kidnapping and is being held without bail. She is considered to be a danger to the community and the children. The charging document with full details is attached.

Woman charged with kidnapping her four children, triggering an AMBER Alert

According to charging documents, Brimhall was allowed to have supervised visitation with the girls. Prosecutors said a Division of Child and Family Services caseworker said Brimhall “has made dangerous comments in the past such as, ‘If I can’t have my girls, I will drive off a cliff with them in the car.’”
The girls’ father said the girls were home Saturday morning, but they were gone by 11:45 a.m. when he woke up from a nap, according to charging documents.

[The father] noted that winter coats and shoes were still in the house,” charging documents stated. “[He] stated that he saw bare footprints in the snow, walking away from the house.”

South Jordan Police pinged Brimhall’s phone which showed the suspect was in California, charging documents stated. An AMBER Alert was then issued.

Brimhall was later found in San Diego with the four children and arrested. A court hearing has been set for Wednesday.

Sen. Todd Weiler (R-Woods Cross) was critical of the AMBER Alert that was issued Sunday, tweeting that the alerts "should not be used for custody disputes between parents."

Pennington pushed back on that argument.

"It’s not a custodial deal," he said. "Mom didn’t have custody. Dad had custody. Mom had supervised visitation and supervised visitation comes for a reason."

Joe Dougherty with the Utah Department of Public Safety said the alerts follow certain criteria and are serious.

“We are very confident that four little girls’ lives are safe today – that those four little girls are alive – because of the AMBER Alert system,” he said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CMW0203
Back