Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly did her mother do to him or deserve this pain?

Honestly, and all just my opinions of course, but I believe he would’ve grabbed any child in order to satisfy whatever he wanted at that time. He’s had five days to sober up and start thinking of “reasons” why he might have done this. Some “poor Alex” dialogue could have encouraged him to talk.

I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop (but not sure why).

I read his confession in the report, the charging documents. It sounds like he got drunk, his sister and her BF were drunk and making out, they went to bed, he says he could hear them, and went outside...then he says he often "blacks out" while drunk. OMG, he was drunk, horny and his niece was right there...

It is beyond depraved. And sick to read the arrest report. Especially the part where he started licking his hands in custody, because they were still crusty.

I don't care that he finally cooperated, he merits the death penalty. And I don't care if his childhood was terrible. Other people have terrible childhood experiences, and other people get drunk...and they don't kill small children!

2KUTV live (facebook feed) reporter is heard commenting she does not want to get the grandfather on camera.

There's no indication that the scene is family owned property.

It's possible that grandfather traveled to the scene where everybody else is gathered on the street.

Elizabeth Shelley's body found near her home
I wish I had a link for it, but it’s been mentioned that a grandparent or grandparents live very close by, same block. At first I thought it was JS’s (Lizzy’s mom’s) mother. But soon afterwards, I read she lives in Texas.

So grandparent(s) could mean WS’s (Lizzy’s dad’s) parent(s). Or possibly DB’s (JS’ BF’s) parents.

In several FB posts, he calls Lizzy his daughter & claims to have 2 little daughters.

MOO

I don't believe he had a single thought about anybody but himself.

Honestly, and all just my opinions of course, but I believe he would’ve grabbed any child in order to satisfy whatever he wanted at that time. He’s had five days to sober up and start thinking of “reasons” why he might have done this. Some “poor Alex” dialogue could have encouraged him to talk.

I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop (but not sure why).

Yes and if I recall the area where she was found was already searched as well. Quite literally stepped on/thru. It happens and my heart goes out to the search folk.
These searches are so hard - I was on two for Caylee Anthony and it is not as easy as it seems - they have to have permission from each homeowner to enter the property and depending on the state of the remains there may not be a strong trail for search dogs IMO - having said all this I thought and posted she would be found in a 1-2 mile radius of home based on his movements caught on video and reported by witnesses - so very sad at this outcome it I prepared myself this time hugs to all you sleuthers and those on the scanner thread today was tough - hug your kids for sure and single parents have a look at what @gitana1 posted about allowing anyone near your children - unfortunately even family now

Sean Moody‏ @SeanMoodyKSL
It’s been a terribly sad five days here in Logan. Here’s where things stand right now. Alex Whipple’s attorney told me he led authorities to Lizzy’s body around 1:00 this afternoon after Whipple told him where it was.

2:58 PM - 29 May 2019 pst
BBM:

Right now, my thoughts are with the LEOs who were on scene when ES' body was recovered.
I'm very concerned about the emotional toll this will exact upon these officers.

My hope is that there is some kind of protocol for incidents like this where officers are provided mandatory counseling or some type of support services in both the immediate aftermath and as needed further on down the road.

There is no amount of professional training that can prepare you for the sight of a brutally murdered child. LEOs are not immune from the terrible impact of such traumatic events.

Taking a moment to thank all the LEOs and volunteers who assisted in the search for ES.

JMO.

Last edited:
Sean Moody‏ @SeanMoodyKSL
Sean Moody Retweeted Logan City Police

Logan Police will update us at 5. We’ll carry that on @KSL5TV.

Sean Moody added,

Logan City Police‏ @Logancitypolice
Logan City Police is investigating a very credible tip involving the location of “Lizzy” Shelly. Please understand the process takes time. Plan toward a live press release at 5:00 p.m. at Logan City Police Department 62 W 300 N Logan.

1:12 PM - 29 May 2019 pst

Dammit. It was a long shot but I know we all hoped there was a teeny tiny chance she was alive. I assume we are all here because we care about the children, teens and adults that are missing and lost. Sometimes I feel like these victims are alone and I want to somehow show that someone remembers them. Someone cares. I look for light in the darkest of places. I know we all do.

I know we will are all invested in other threads as well and we will invest in new threads tomorrow and on and on. Wanting to help in ways that feel quite helpless most of the time. Maybe some would ask why we do this and honestly, sometimes I'm not entirely sure. I know that it hurts to sit by idly and know there is tragedy and injustices that go on while I go about life. It bothers me.

Like so many have said: As hard as it might be, take a mental break even if just for tonight. I know I have to. We can't take care of friends and family if we don't take care of ourselves first.

I read his confession in the report, the charging documents. It sounds like he got drunk, his sister and her BF were drunk and making out, they went to bed, he says he could hear them, and went outside...then he says he often "blacks out" while drunk. OMG, he was drunk, horny and his niece was right there...

It is beyond depraved. And sick to read the arrest report. Especially the part where he started licking his hands in custody, because they were still crusty.

I don't care that he finally cooperated, he merits the death penalty. And I don't care if his childhood was terrible. Other people have terrible childhood experiences, and other people get drunk...and they don't kill small children!
More excuses......

True. Just read The Diary of Martha Ballard (colonial era midwife's "almanac") or Wisconsin Death Trip (a cozy little coffee table book with news entries, insane asylum entries, strange photos, poems, etc., chronicling the insanity of "settling" Wisconsin). They showcase a variety of horrors just like we see here.

Of course we have a much higher population now and the internet.
Thank you for sharing this. I'll have to read it.

https://ksltv.com/415032/grandfather-says-suspect-in-murder-had-sad-childhood/

5/29/19

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The Latest on a Utah man charged with killing his 5-year-old niece (all times local):

3:15 p.m.

The grandfather of a Utah man charged with murder in the disappearance of his niece says his grandson had a sad childhood and many problems but never showed violent tendencies that would suggest he was capable of killing anyone.

Bill Whipple said Wednesday that the extended family is in shock about why 21-year-old Alex Whipple might have harmed 5-year-old Elizabeth “Lizzy” Shelley.

He says Alex Whipple’s mother left the family when he was young, leaving his father to raise three children alone while he worked as a truck driver.

He says Alex Whipple spent time in foster homes and didn’t graduate from high school.

This was the very 1st thing I noticed. Seriously lady, take your toddler home. We are scarred just discussing this situation. Children pick up on a lot more than ppl realise. I hope Le will suggest they take their babies home. They'll probably have regrets later they don't anticipate at the moment. Their emotions are running high, they're not thinking straight. At least that is my hope.

I wish people would allow children to maintain their innocence for as long as possible. Let them be children. There are horror's in the world that they will soon enough be aware of as adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member