Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeremy Harris‏Verified account @JeremyHarrisTV
“We were able to feel the love of so many people, most of whom we have never met.” - spokesperson Jill Parker reading a statement on behalf of #LizzyShelley family.

D7xSv0cU0AAY4OQ.jpg

4:06 PM - 29 May 2019

Yes. It's very hard to see reality when it's your own family. Or someone you know very well. Even if they have "issues." Unless they've shown a previous propensity I think for most it's super hard to imagine a loved family member could harm a child.

But if we set up rules for ourselves we can protect our kids:

Keep dating life separate from our families.

If you meet someone you really like, do a background check. It's about $50.00. Then, if they pass, date them for at least a year before you allow them to meet the kids.

Agree that no moving in, engagement or anything like that for at least another year or so. Really get to know them and their life and family and see how they interact. But don't let them babysit or be alone with your kids during this time.

For family, does brother, uncle, in-law, grandpa have a drug or alcohol issue? Violent behavior in their past? A criminal history that's more than infractions? Significant mental health issues? Socialization problems?

Don't leave your kids alone with them. Don't let them spend the night.

We can create logical checklists and follow them.
This is the post thank you

You’re so right about how a person and siblings and parents see things differently. I had a patient, who on admission, told us that he was abandoned by his mother during most of his childhood.

During a session with patient’s mother, it was asked if she abounded her son.

She told us that she definitely DID not. Ever!! She told us her son as a toddler played in his playpen all day while she was right there ironing, seeing and watching her soaps.

She said as he got older, she had a hard time forming a mother-son relationship because she just didn’t like “boy stuff”. Unlike with her daughter, with whom she had a close relationship.

So even though she didn’t actually and physically “abandon” her son, this patient perceived his mother’s behavior towards him as abandonment.
Kinda sounds like she did!!

Of course we now get the excuses

Gitana1 analyzes this type perfectly. Sounds like typical addict behavior- most addicts come from a place of childhood hurt.
Wound collector. No personal responsibility, no guilt, only entitlement. Woe is me and all that.
The drugs and alcohol that were whispering sweet nothings of pain relief only led him further into hurt-and almost guided LE to his evil act!

I hope one day he sees it and truly makes amends

I get it, and I can’t say I disagree, but some people have a blind spot when it comes to family.

She just never imagined that her brother would do something like this.

Another role family members of addicts ( enabler). And yes a blind spot from her rearing. This is why it is so so important that those affected by addicts learn boundaries and how to stop the cycle.
I’ll step off my soap box now.

It's ok, we are all allowed:)
Lol thanks!!
If u only knew of some of my boo boos. It's all good.
Thank you! Needless to say I feel like a complete idiot now, so thank you!!!

I apologize to everyone for derailing this thread with a completely irrelevant comment, on such a sad day for little Elizabeth and her family. As MassGuy eluded to, I’m not sure this UNCLE is even human. MOO

Yes. It's very hard to see reality when it's your own family. Or someone you know very well. Even if they have "issues." Unless they've shown a previous propensity I think for most it's super hard to imagine a loved family member could harm a child.

But if we set up rules for ourselves we can protect our kids:

Keep dating life separate from our families.

If you meet someone you really like, do a background check. It's about $50.00. Then, if they pass, date them for at least a year before you allow them to meet the kids.

Agree that no moving in, engagement or anything like that for at least another year or so. Really get to know them and their life and family and see how they interact. But don't let them babysit or be alone with your kids during this time.

For family, does brother, uncle, in-law, grandpa have a drug or alcohol issue? Violent behavior in their past? A criminal history that's more than infractions? Significant mental health issues? Socialization problems?

Don't leave your kids alone with them. Don't let them spend the night.

We can create logical checklists and follow them.
@mom2chloe here you go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member