GUILTY UT - Angelina Costello, 3, beaten to death, Ogden, 6 July 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:bump: this up for today!

Friday, December 15th:
*Prelim Hearing - UT - Angelina Costello (3) (July 6, 2017) - Miller Costello (25) & Brenda Emile (22) accused of aggravated murder of their child/DA will seek DP/autopsy report due in October. Also Prelim on Dec. 18th.

Death Penalty Cases. I'm alright with that.

Me too, what they did is beyond comprehension. I don't like in violence of any sort, but in this case I hope someone in jail beats them within an inch of their life, then no medical treatment is issued ... I'll stop there.

They are evil and incredibly stupid. Did they really think putting makeup on a dead baby was going to fly? Imagine it! Putting makeup on a baby and thinking that it would hide bruises. Babies, bruises and makeup are words that should never be used in the same sentence.

[FONT=&amp]Judge Michael DiReda scheduled Costello and Emile to next appear in court for a two-day preliminary hearing on Dec. 15 and Dec. 18. [/FONT]
[/QUOTE

We need to see if there is anything from the media Monday.

[FONT=&amp]Judge Michael DiReda scheduled Costello and Emile to next appear in court for a two-day preliminary hearing on Dec. 15 and Dec. 18. [/FONT]

We need to see if there is anything from the media Monday.

Where did this "quote" come from? Do you have a link? or were you quoting someone here?

Thanks for the older article kdg, but do we know what happened in court Friday & yesterday?? I sure can't find anything.

TIA!

Hey!

Been trying to get into the Utah courts website to see what's going on with this case, but keep getting this message:

The connection has timed out

The server at www.utcourts.gov is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

:pcguru:

Anyone else??

TIA!

Court hearing postponed for Ogden couple accused of killing 3-year-old
http://www.standard.net/Courts/2018...or-Ogden-couple-accused-of-killing-3-year-old

Miller Costello, 25, and Brenda Emile, 23 — who are each charged with one count of first-degree felony aggravated murder — had a preliminary hearing canceled this week.
[.....]
A two-day preliminary hearing for Costello and Emile is tentatively rescheduled for Feb. 9 and 12, according to online records.

Thanks for the update niner. I've been reading older cases that I have seen mentioned in other threads so I'm on catch up trying to keep up to date on the cases I'm following. I've been reading the case of baby cooper harris for over a week and I'm still only up to day 7 of watching the trial. Again thanks for the update I very much appreciate it. *advertiser censored*

:bump: up for today's hearing:

Friday, February 9th:
*Prelim Hearing - UT - Angelina Costello (3) (July 6, 2017) - Miller Costello (25) & Brenda Emile (22) accused of aggravated murder of their child; DA will seek DP. Postponed from Jan. 5th; Prelim hearing continues Monday, Feb. 12th.

Article about Friday's hearing: (Edited to add: very hard article to read!) :tears:

Starved, burned and beaten — videos show ‘life of torture’ that preceded Utah 3-year-old’s death
https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/02...torture-that-preceded-utah-3-year-olds-death/

[.....]
“I was told she was 3,” the officer testified Friday. “She didn’t look 3 to me. She looked like a Holocaust victim.”
The girl, Angelina Costello, weighed 13 pounds. Her ribs were visible, her legs and arms thin and covered in bruises. Burn marks on her face and chest were caked with makeup — an attempt, Emile later told police, to minimize the severity of her injuries.
[.....]
The girl’s parents, 25-year-old Costello and 23-year-old Emile, are now charged with aggravated murder, a first-degree felony, for her death.
During a Friday preliminary hearing, Deputy Weber County Attorney Christopher Shaw told 2nd District Judge Michael DiReda that Angelina died from a combination of blunt force trauma, burns, starvation and malnutrition.
[.....]
Much of Friday’s evidence hearing focused on photos and videos from the parents’ phones, which showed evidence of the girl being abused more than a year before her death.
In one cellphone video shot months before Angelina’s death, the small child is curled up on the floor, eating slices of an onion at Costello’s direction. Blood is running from her nose.
[.....]
The couple’s preliminary hearing is expected to continue Monday with testimony from a medical examiner and others. At the end of the hearing, DiReda is expected to rule on whether there is probable cause for the case to move forward.

From what I read in this article, YES! there IS probable cause for this case to move forward!!! :tears: that poor child....

:candle: RIP Angelina

Medical examiner says Angelina Costello had brain hemorrhages, cigarette burns
http://www.standard.net/Courts/2018...le-had-brain-hemorrhages-cigarette-burns.html

OGDEN — An Ogden couple accused of killing their 3-year-old appeared in court for the second time in a week so prosecutors could review evidence regarding their case.
Miller Costello, 25, and Brenda Emile, 23, sat in court while police and forensic experts answered questions about evidence collected in the case. Costello and Emile are accused of killing their child, Angelina Costello.
[.....]
With all the evidence presented, the next court hearing will consist of oral arguments on whether the case should go forward. The issue of bail will also be decided. Judge Michael DiReda tentatively set the next court hearing for Monday, May 14, in Ogden’s 2nd District Court.
[.....]
Buffy Emile, Brenda Emile’s mother, was also arrested Friday following an outburst in court. During Shaw’s opening statements, Buffy Emile opened the courtroom door and said to Costello, “You killed my baby, motherf-----.”

DiReda immediately instructed bailiffs to arrest her for contempt of court, which they did.

Thursday, February 15th:
*Prelim Hearing - UT - Angelina Costello (3) (July 6, 2017) (Starved, burned & beaten to death) - Miller Costello (25) & Brenda Emile (22) accused & charged with aggravated murder, a 1st degree felony of their child; DA will seek DP.
This court hearing will consist of oral arguments on whether the case should go forward. The issue of bail will also be decided. Per one article states hearing for today, another article stated May 14th. :dunno:

Most recent article I could find was Feb. 13th:

No bail for Utah couple accused of starving, beating toddler to death
https://www.deseretnews.com/article...sed-of-starving-beating-toddler-to-death.html

OGDEN — An Ogden couple accused of starving and beating their 3-year-old child to death will remain in jail without bail while a judge awaits written briefs on whether the case should proceed to trial.

At the conclusion of a two-day preliminary hearing Monday, prosecutors argued against bail in the shocking child abuse case, pointing to records searches for Miller Eric Costello, 25, and Brenda Emile, 23, that revealed more than a dozen alternative names and addresses in multiple states for each of them.
[.....]
Second District Judge Michael DiReda did not issue a decision on whether there is sufficient evidence to bind the case over for trial, but will wait instead for both sides to file additional written briefings and argue them in a hearing on May 14. The couple will remain in custody with no bail until then.
[.....] WARNING **GRAPHIC**
During the preliminary hearing Monday, Assistant Medical Examiner Michael Belenky gave a detailed report of the extensive injuries covering Angelina's emaciated body. There was hemorrhaging in the skull and neck, suggesting a hard blow to the head. Marks from new and old burns, apparently made by cigarettes, caked over with makeup on the girl's face. Bruising covered more than half of the girl's back, surrounding long, thin marks that appeared to be caused by whipping, and there was more bruising and scarring along the arms, legs and feet.

Internally, damage to the girl's pancreas suggested a hard blow to the small child's torso. In all, Belenky said the four-hour autopsy revealed "trauma upon trauma, nonaccidental, consistent with child abuse."

I had to quit reading about how they found this sweet child, I had nightmare about the video. These two are inhuman ...

Monday, May 14th:
*Prelim Hearing - UT - Angelina Costello (3) (July 6, 2017) (Starved, burned & beaten to death) - Miller Eric Costello (25) & Brenda "Erika" Emile (22) accused & charged with aggravated murder, a 1st degree felony of their child; no bail. DA will seek DP. This court hearing will consist of oral arguments on whether the case should go forward.

:judge:

Found the time - 9am MT - is Utah Mountain Time?? Or Pacific? :dunno:

Ogden couple accused of killing child pleads not guilty, will be held until trial
http://www.standard.net/Courts/2018...ld-pleads-not-guilty-will-be-held-until-trial

OGDEN — An Ogden couple accused of killing their daughter in 2017 both formally pleaded not guilty Monday in connection to aggravated murder charges.
[.....]
Costello’s attorneys — Randy Marshall and James Retallick — allowed the court to bind over their client to trial. One of Emile’s attorneys, on the other hand, argued there was no definitive evidence to suggest Emile could be charged with aggravated murder.

Martin Gravis, one of the two attorneys representing Emile, said there was no definitive physical evidence to prove she caused the death or was an accessory to the death of her daughter.
[.....]
Judge Michael DiReda rebuffed the notion and pointed to the makeup Emile put on the child’s body to conceal injuries that investigators found during the child’s autopsy.
[.....]
Both defendants in the case are eligible for the death penalty, and prosecutors have yet to file paperwork saying if they intend to seek capital punishment for both Costello or Emile in the case.

The next scheduled court appearance for Costello and Emile will be a disposition hearing that will take place July 19 in Ogden’s 2nd District Court. No trial dates have been scheduled in connection with the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier
Back