Found Deceased UT - Blayne K. Parkin, 44, part of his truck found, 11 Sept 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mlhenn

Reaction score

Blayne K. Parkin, 44, was last seen around Payson on the evening of Sept. 11.

Parkin is estimated to be about 6’0″ tall and weigh about 200 pounds. Officials do not know what he was last wearing.
https://www.abc4.com/news/missing-i...-someone-goes-missing/?ipid=promo-link-block1
Blayne K Parkin was last seen on Sept. 11, 2024 in the area of Payson, Utah. The Utah County Sheriff's Office has asked anyone who sees Parkin or his truck to contact its office by phone. (Courtesy: Utah County Sheriff's Office)

Image (4).jpg

The next morning, Parking's truck was seen in Uintah County near the town of Roosevelt. But the truck's red camper shell was found abandoned, also in Uintah County.

The fact the one distinguishing feature of his car has been dumped does not bode well unfortunately.
That's what I think too. I can see the camper being removed in order to haul all manner of things in an open bed. However, I can't reason why the camper would be abandoned and him missing. I unfortunately think you have it right.

Here is his FB page. Family has some posts up that confirm the time last seen and where he was headed after that (but didn't arrive). Blayne K. Parkin
I went to this Facebook page and oddly didn't see anything from family looking for him. Interestingly though, the last post I can see was from the end of May, asking for info on someone who stole over $10,000 worth of goods from a business. It contained photos of the person and vehicle, but it was a shared post. The person he shared it from doesn't appear to be on his friend list, but does appear to come from Utah as well. I have no idea how closely involved he was with the business, or the person sharing it. It could have just been a good deed.

I went to this Facebook page and oddly didn't see anything from family looking for him. Interestingly though, the last post I can see was from the end of May, asking for info on someone who stole over $10,000 worth of goods from a business. It contained photos of the person and vehicle, but it was a shared post. The person he shared it from doesn't appear to be on his friend list, but does appear to come from Utah as well. I have no idea how closely involved he was with the business, or the person sharing it. It could have just been a good deed.
There's nothing on his FB page from family but they may not have posting rights. If you put his name and "missing" into the FB search box, there are several posts from his brother and his nephew regarding the case with updates. Nothing new to report, sadly.

Seems this dude might be a good source for 'what happened to Blayne'...if he saw it and decided to 'eliminate the potential complainant.'

Seems this dude might be a good source for 'what happened to Blayne'...if he saw it and decided to 'eliminate the potential complainant.'

Blayne just shared that post. He likely was not a witness.

His FB profiles

The pic with the longer beard maybe is more recent

Sadly, Blayne has been found deceased. :(

SEP 21, 2024
Blayne Parkin, who hadn’t been seen since Wednesday, Sept. 11, was found dead Saturday morning, according to the Utah County Sheriff’s Office.

The circumstances around his death were not provided.

Sadly, Blayne has been found deceased. :(

SEP 21, 2024
Blayne Parkin, who hadn’t been seen since Wednesday, Sept. 11, was found dead Saturday morning, according to the Utah County Sheriff’s Office.

The circumstances around his death were not provided.
Such a sad outcome, I feel for his loved ones. I wonder if there will be more to this and there will be a follow up?

Such a sad outcome, I feel for his loved ones. I wonder if there will be more to this and there will be a follow up?
I was saddened to in reading this. The Sheriff Department has stated there do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances (i.e. foul play) and his body will be transported for the ME to determine cause of death. I'm not sure his age, I'm guessing 40's, which could mean a coronary event (sadly, I've seen several "healthy" men of normal weight die from a heart attack in their 40's), drug overdose or fatal interaction between meds, self harm, or a fall outdoors in rugged terrain. We're not likely to hear further, if foul play is not involved the ME normally doesn't release findings, as it's not required to by law, and many don't, out of respect for the family's privacy during a time of grief. Rest in Peace, Blayne. Missing person update: Utah County man last seen on Sept. 11 found dead

Family reacts

On Saturday evening, Jeremy Parkin, older brother of Blayne Parkin spoke to KSL TV.

“We were, two peas in a pod, I would say,” he said. “We do a lot of the same things together. (And) We like big trucks and digging in the dirt, and we love our kids and our families. …”If he ever got in trouble, he always called his mom, and he never did this time. And it was way out of character for him to be up there.”

Blayne Parkin leaves behind three children ages 4, 13, and 15.

“Our biological dad, mine and Blayne’s, he died when Blayne was 15,” Jeremy Parkin said. “And I mean, I can totally relate to these boys and kind of help them but they’re broken. They’re just so sad that their dad’s gone.”

Jeremy Parkin said he’s grateful for the work law enforcement both in Utah and Uintah counties played in looking for Blayne Parkin.

Heartbreaking :-(

I was saddened to in reading this. The Sheriff Department has stated there do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances (i.e. foul play) and his body will be transported for the ME to determine cause of death. I'm not sure his age, I'm guessing 40's, which could mean a coronary event (sadly, I've seen several "healthy" men of normal weight die from a heart attack in their 40's), drug overdose or fatal interaction between meds, self harm, or a fall outdoors in rugged terrain. We're not likely to hear further, if foul play is not involved the ME normally doesn't release findings, as it's not required to by law, and many don't, out of respect for the family's privacy during a time of grief. Rest in Peace, Blayne. Missing person update: Utah County man last seen on Sept. 11 found dead
Thanks for the update. At the time of writing my last post, there was no mention of any suspicious circumstances or otherwise. I'm not up to speed on this case, but still find it odd that the canopy (the one distinguishing feature of his vehicle) was found so far away from the car. Why? How did it come/get off? Where was it left? Do we know where he was heading? Did anyone know why he was in that area? How far from home was he? What is the terrain like where he and his car were found? Was there any damage or mechanical issues that would make him want to abandon the vehicle? Did he have any food/water with him? Are there watering holes he could drink from? Lots of questions, but unless it is deemed to be a suspicious death, then I guess this will be the last we hear of it. Not that we need, or deserve, to know the finer details but I for one am curious and like to have a full and complete resolution.
Regardless, a man, father, brother etc is gone before his time, and that is a sad occasion.

* Other articles have stated he was 44. Quite possibly a medical event.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MairinAmaliah
Back