UT - Conzuelo "Nicole" Solorio-Romero, 25, abducted/shot, on video, Kearns, 6 Feb 2021 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FEB 14, 2021
No sign of missing woman from Kearns, but new info (kslnewsradio.com)
[...]

... despite asking for help from the public, and despite having doorbell video of the scene, police say they have received only a few leads about the missing woman from Kearns.

“We have received leads, however, none of them have panned out and led us to anything that has been concrete,” said Unified Police Sgt. Melody Cutler.

[...]

The police search for Nicole has now expanded to hospitals in neighboring states.

Investigators say they have no reason to believe the kidnapping was related to any domestic violence cases and they don’t have any evidence showing Solorio-Romero was involved in any kind of illegal activity. ...

[...]

They have very little information about the man who reportedly took her, other than he’s a Hispanic man wearing a white hoodie. A second man, a driver, was seen accompanying the suspect, but investigators were not able to get a clear description.

So, for now, the two vehicles seen in the video are still their most solid leads in the case of the missing woman from Kearns.

“Being able to find either one of those vehicles would be incredibly helpful,” Cutler said.

[...]
This article doesn't show it has been updated but I don't remember seeing the information below when I posted it.

[...]

JB, who lived in the basement apartment with her sister, recalled her sister telling her on the phone there were three men threatening her with a gun to come outside. JB, who was at the mall at the time, told her help was on the way.

JB then called her cousin, asking her to pick Solorio-Romero up.

Shortly after that, JB said she thinks her sister walked to the corner of 5400 South and Nez Perce Drive to wait for her cousin to pick her up. That’s where home surveillance video caught kidnappers forcing her into a green, four-door Toyota Camry at about 2:28 p.m.

“That’s the last thing I heard from her because when I had gone back to the house, there was no trace of her at all,” JB said. “My cousin drove around the block looking for her. I looked inside the house, we couldn’t find her.”

[...]

I wonder if they found this 2nd location by pinging her cell phone? Can't think of any other way they would know about a 2nd location.....
My opinion only.
Could be. The word "information" is throwing me though. To me, that sounds like a document or something from a witness statement. Sister, maybe? MOO

Police believe missing Kearns woman was kidnapped and shot, seek help in finding her - Deseret News
Based on information collected from Solorio-Romero’s home, investigators went to a second location in Salt Lake County where evidence was collected that led police to believe she was shot and seriously wounded.

This article doesn't show it has been updated but I don't remember seeing the information below when I posted it.

[...]

JB, who lived in the basement apartment with her sister, recalled her sister telling her on the phone there were three men threatening her with a gun to come outside. JB, who was at the mall at the time, told her help was on the way.

JB then called her cousin, asking her to pick Solorio-Romero up.

Shortly after that, JB said she thinks her sister walked to the corner of 5400 South and Nez Perce Drive to wait for her cousin to pick her up. That’s where home surveillance video caught kidnappers forcing her into a green, four-door Toyota Camry at about 2:28 p.m.

“That’s the last thing I heard from her because when I had gone back to the house, there was no trace of her at all,” JB said. “My cousin drove around the block looking for her. I looked inside the house, we couldn’t find her.”

[...]
Too late now, but I wish one of them had called the police instead of each other/their cousin. If people with a gun are looking for her, having her stand at a corner in the open seems like such a bad idea.

FEB 15, 2021
Family of Kearns kidnapping victim offers $10K reward for information | KUTV
The family of Nicole Solorio-Romero, who was abducted on Feb. 6 in Kearns, has offered a $10,000 reward for any tip that leads police to Solorio-Romero and her kidnappers.

[...]

Sgt. Melody Cutler with UPD confirmed detectives received more than 100 tips as of Monday. Officers spent the weekend working the case.

[...]

Police believe she was taken to another location and shot.

Cutler said hospitals would normally report any suspicious injuries to police, and that hasn’t happened in Solorio-Romero’s case.

[...]

Too late now, but I wish one of them had called the police instead of each other/their cousin. If people with a gun are looking for her, having her stand at a corner in the open seems like such a bad idea.

I was thinking maybe there's a reason she didn't call police. That reason could help explain what happen to her and where she is.

Hi all... an update to this case was just reported on KSL
Kidnapped Kearns woman was murdered, police say; 2 men arrested
Dear God. :( Why, indeed. I pray that her family receives answers and these blankety blanks don't ever see the light of day again. Meanwhile, where is this beautiful young lady? :( MOO

Noting:

Orlando Tobar, 29, and Jorge Medina, 21, were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail Monday night for investigation of aggravated murder and aggravated kidnapping.

... Solorio-Romero ... was taken at gunpoint or at knifepoint from just outside of her home, according to a police affidavit.

Police believe she was taken to a residence in West Valley City "by suspects only known as Chaparro and the Venezuelan," the affidavit states. Once inside, "one witness stated that they observed the victim being shot in the head. The witness was unclear if it was Chaparro or the Venezuelan."

Chaparro then allegedly told witnesses that if they spoke to anyone, "they would have to kill them too. One witness stated the victim was loaded into the back of Chaparro's vehicle and she was never seen again. One witness stated he received a call from Chaparro stating the victim didn't die from the initial shot and had to shoot her again," the affidavit states.

One person told police "they were forced at gunpoint to assist Orlando in moving a dead body that was covered in plastic from the studio apartment into a trailer," according to the booking affidavit.

FEB 16, 2021
Woman kidnapped in Kearns murdered, 2 arrested, police say (fox13now.com)
[...]

Tobar told police that Solorio-Romero went willingly with he and Medina, and that after she went into the apartment, he left to get his tools and heard a gunshot. He added that Medina "always carries a black pistol" and that he gave it to him to hold for three days before he returning the weapon.

Medina denied seeing or hearing anything suspicious and only knew Solorio-Romero from seeing her on the news.

Police found a black .40 caliber pistol from the residence where Tobar was arrested.

[...]

UPD will hold a briefing on Solorio-Romero at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.

FEB 16, 2021
2 men arrested for murdering victim, kidnapping in Kearns | KUTV
[...]

Tobar said Medina handed him a black pistol and told him to hold on to it. Tobar gave it back before they left the residence and claimed that Medina had tried to give a black pistol to him three days prior to the interview, which he kept, the affidavit states.

He said he does not know where the victim is.

Medina, during the interview, said he was at the West Valley residence between 11 a.m. and 10 p.m. and that he and his vehicle never left. He claimed to not have heard or seen anything suspicious.

Police reported Medina gave his vehicle back to the dealership

Medina said he does not know the victim and only recognized her photo from the stories in the news, the affidavit states.

[...]

FEB 16, 2021
[...]

Rivera says she believes that more suspects are involved in the case and that additional arrests could be made.

"Two people can't commit this type of crime on their own," said Rivera. "Somebody knows something and that's what I'm asking. For our public and our media to continue covering this story because somebody does know something and they need to come forward."

"This is not right. To take a young girl's life in this way is just wrong. It's wrong for our community and we're not going to stand for it."

[...]

Police thought Tobar and Medina may have been headed to Wyoming before they were arrested, but Rivera did not know what ties, if any, the suspects had in the state.

While saying there are currently no similar cases to Solorio-Romero's abduction and murder, Rivera added that she could not rule that out.

"The way that the violence occurred on this case would make one think that this is not their first rodeo."

[...]

FEB 16, 2021
[...]

Rivera says she believes that more suspects are involved in the case and that additional arrests could be made.

"Two people can't commit this type of crime on their own," said Rivera. "Somebody knows something and that's what I'm asking. For our public and our media to continue covering this story because somebody does know something and they need to come forward."

"This is not right. To take a young girl's life in this way is just wrong. It's wrong for our community and we're not going to stand for it."

[...]

Police thought Tobar and Medina may have been headed to Wyoming before they were arrested, but Rivera did not know what ties, if any, the suspects had in the state.

While saying there are currently no similar cases to Solorio-Romero's abduction and murder, Rivera added that she could not rule that out.

"The way that the violence occurred on this case would make one think that this is not their first rodeo."

[...]
Whoops! Forgot the link. :oops:

Woman kidnapped in Kearns murdered, 2 arrested, police say (fox13now.com)

It seems really unlikely for 2 men to start banging on a door of a random house, with a gun for that person to come out.
If she didn't know these men then maybe it could be a case of mistaken identity.
Knocking on the wrong door.

It's shocking though even if she knew them to do this in broad day light. It makes me think they are confident and have done it before.

Or it could be they think everyone will be too scared of them to be witnesses.
I am so sorry for her family.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member