UT UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, wkg on farm, “weird run-in” with a guy walking on gravel rd, no phone & CC activity, Lucin, Box Elder Co, 25 May 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep seeing questions about Saddle Sore in Montello. This may answer some of those questions that folks who live in cities and towns that don't have these "hole in the wall" spots around.

View attachment 349138
View attachment 349139
View attachment 349140

View attachment 349143
The name of one bar (different from above) is mentioned on the official Find... fb page (under June 10 post). Some interesting comments, but no indication of a motive. IMO it might not come from Montello.

Here is a video of the tracks in the wash.

I've seen those addressed/resolved on the official fb page, but can't quote because it was in the comments of the June 10 post.

Unless he had a different pair of boots or other pairs of shoes? I don't understand why it's taken as completely outside the realm of possibility he had a newer pair of boots or something more casual (not work boots) when going to town or something.
If you watch the video I posted about 12 hours ago the mom explains in detail about him only ever wearing the same boots - to an almost obsessive degree and when they wear out he buys the same pair again.

BBM. Both on the same day? IMO it's possible that the person Dylan encountered on Wednesday recognized him, but Dylan didn't know them. The person could have been lying about some of the details, because they didn't want to appear suspicious.
Or they knew DR would not be returning to correct them.

So both the grain and the pile of dirt were searched. I presume that the ground under the dirt was also dug up and/or searched by ground penetrating radar? And that any recent disturbed earth, such as shallow or not so shallow graves would have been visible by air searches?

Count me in the foul play camp.

You just wonder if it has because the Mom is saying nothing has been looked into correctly, in her opinion.
ATM, I have to agree with her. Let's hope that changes quickly. I don't think this is a difficult case to solve, although recovery might be challenging due to the vast terrain.

Amateur opinion and speculation

If you watch the video I posted about 12 hours ago the mom explains in detail about him only ever wearing the same boots - to an almost obsessive degree and when they wear out he buys the same pair again.

I took that to be their way of confirming that it was his boots. It doesn't necessarily mean, IMO, those boots found are his one and only footwear as some are making out.

I'll await further updates from LE. Many crossed wires with the information in this one.

BBM. Both on the same day? IMO it's possible that the person Dylan encountered on Wednesday recognized him, but Dylan didn't know them. The person could have been lying about some of the details, because they didn't want to appear suspicious.

Sure, why not? Saturday morning I had someone approach me at the gas pumps asking for $5, gave me some sad story about a sick relative and being en route to hospital and ran out of gas. Five hours later in a town 37 miles away from the first one, I had someone approach me at a different convenience store asking me for $5 for gas, and I'll be darned if they didn't also have a sick relative and encountered financial hardship while on the way to hospital! Sunday I had a guy approach me at the grocery store asking if I would buy his Food Stamps card so he could have money for bus fare to get to NYC to visit a sick relative...

You can't make this stuff up, which makes it totally believable to me that he could have encountered more than one person needing a ride. I haven't seen anything stating that both encounters were identical in nature, so Barefoot Guy and Casual Acquaintance Guy could certainly be two discrete encounters with only Casual Acquaintance Guy getting an actual ride.

I'm wondering now, the boots being found, were they removed how he usually removed them? Did he pull them off without undoing the laces (if there were laces)? Did they look normal for the way he takes his own boots off?
If you look at the pictures his mom posted on the official facebook he is wearing what I would call cowboy boots in every picture.

ETA: He is wearing tennis shoes in one picture and a hiking type boot in another...both at a younger age but otherwise it's always a very similar looking cowboy boot.

Last edited:
Sure, why not? Saturday morning I had someone approach me at the gas pumps asking for $5, gave me some sad story about a sick relative and being en route to hospital and ran out of gas. Five hours later in a town 37 miles away from the first one, I had someone approach me at a different convenience store asking me for $5 for gas, and I'll be darned if they didn't also have a sick relative and encountered financial hardship while on the way to hospital! Sunday I had a guy approach me at the grocery store asking if I would buy his Food Stamps card so he could have money for bus fare to get to NYC to visit a sick relative...

You can't make this stuff up, which makes it totally believable to me that he could have encountered more than one person needing a ride. I haven't seen anything stating that both encounters were identical in nature, so Barefoot Guy and Casual Acquaintance Guy could certainly be two discrete encounters with only Casual Acquaintance Guy getting an actual ride.
Since Dylan was working on his farm I was guessing that he didn't spend much time on the road and maybe didn't go to Montello twice that day and picked up two different people.

I wonder if they were known to each other?
I wonder if there were others as well?
A group working together.. For reasons known only to themselves but DR being their target?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member