UT UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, wkg on farm, “weird run-in” with a guy walking on gravel rd, no phone & CC activity, Lucin, Box Elder Co, 25 May 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe it was necessarily on the same day.
I think Dylan mentioned encountering the stranger on Wednesday to his mother and the person that came forward talked about the same day. Otherwise Dylan's mother probably wouldn't conclude they were the same person.

What stands out to me is that presumably none of these unnamed people own a vehicle, so they'd either have to have help or borrow one to get to/from the farm.

I think Dylan mentioned encountering the stranger on Wednesday to his mother and the person that came forward talked about the same day. Otherwise Dylan's mother probably wouldn't conclude they were the same person.

What stands out to me is that presumably none of these unnamed people own a vehicle, so they'd either have to have help or borrow one to get to/from the farm.
Maybe they all owned vehicles?

sketchy barefoot man and now Dylan being supposedly barefoot

some sort of link? stands out to me.
Well, we're clean outa facts so grasping at straws here to a massive extent...just throwing it on the table as something that is a slim possibility.
We have no motives, we do not know who might stand to gain from his disappearance.
We only know he was a fantastic worker with the skills to do what he wanted to do.
I wish we had more

Okay finally read everything!

My possible IMO theory of the boots-

He was being driven off somewhere and somehow was able to get his boots off and fling them out a window/out of a truck/etc leaving them where they were found randomly behind some pile of dirt 5 miles away from his farm. Maybe, he was leaving a clue as he was being kidnapped/taken.

Just a possible theory.

The boots randomly 5 miles out are what get me. He “could” have just power washed his own truck. It’s possible he was just cleaning that day. But to take off and place your boots 5 miles away from your own home, even if you own the land (does he own that area of land??), there is no sane reason for that.

To get up close to him, to assess their 'target' at close range.
But it is pure speculation on my part and I don't have a single atom of a fact on which to hang this.
Dylan's description of the stranger made him seem like a drug user. What would be such person's motive to harm Dylan? A robbery? If they had transportation, why not come to the farm when Dylan wasn't home? I doubt an erratic person would go through the trouble of disappearing him and covering their tracks.

He was being driven off somewhere and somehow was able to get his boots off and fling them out a window/out of a truck/etc leaving them where they were found randomly behind some pile of dirt 5 miles away from his farm. Maybe, he was leaving a clue as he was being kidnapped/taken.

Just a possible theory.

The boots randomly 5 miles out are what get me. He “could” have just power washed his own truck. It’s possible he was just cleaning that day. But to take off and place your boots 5 miles away from your own home, even if you own the land (does he own that area of land??), there is no sane reason for that.
The boots were reportedly found within 100 yards of the grain/seed truck, so not at a totally random location or on the side of the road.

Didn’t they change that to a longer distance? Great, back to read through everything again, I might be mistaken….lol. :)

Edited to add- a video posted above with mom confirms the 100 yards as a fact. I was mistaken. Just don’t want anyone to run with my 5 mile comment. I was wrong with that. I’ve read a lot of threads….ha!

The Boots do raise questions. Unfortunately, I am having trouble envisioning any plausible scenario where DR voluntarily removes his boots and stashes them behind a dirt pile as part of a planned disappearance. I also cannot see why, if foul play occurred, the perp would separate his boots from his body and stash them on the farm (why not bury him with his boots).

I wonder if there was a "hook up" that went wrong, but for that, there should be witnesses and evidence in the truck. possibly the truck was returned afterwards and the boots found in the truck. If the person returning the truck didn't have a companion in another vehicle, possibly hiding the boots on site may have made some sense. This would explain tthe boots, but this scenario is not particularly likely IMHO.

Didn’t they change that to a longer distance? Great, back to read through everything again, I might be mistaken….lol. :)

Edited to add- a video posted above with mom confirms the 100 yards as a fact. I was mistaken. Just don’t want anyone to run with my 5 mile comment. I was wrong with that. I’ve read a lot of threads….ha!
The boots were 5 miles away from his trailer and truck, so it is still unusual. The latter location is labeled "the farm". If I understood correctly, that's where his power washer is at.

Dylan's description of the stranger made him seem like a drug user. What would be such person's motive to harm Dylan? A robbery? If they had transportation, why not come to the farm when Dylan wasn't home? I doubt an erratic person would go through the trouble of disappearing him and covering their tracks.

Good question. I live in upstate NY and the surrounding area is very rural -- over the years farmers have had to put in some extraordinary measures to keep people from stealing various ingredients that are used for making meth. I do not know what types of fertilizers or other chemicals are used in the Midwest for agricultural purposes, so I wonder if someone or a group of people were intent on robbing his farm for those types of items?

Good question. I live in upstate NY and the surrounding area is very rural -- over the years farmers have had to put in some extraordinary measures to keep people from stealing various ingredients that are used for making meth. I do not know what types of fertilizers or other chemicals are used in the Midwest for agricultural purposes, so I wonder if someone or a group of people were intent on robbing his farm for those types of items?
If the motive was robbery, it is odd that (as far as we know) the only things taken were Dylan, his wallet, and his phone.

Just a possible theory.

My opinion only. My theory about the boots is not very comforting I fear. The only way I can account in my mind for his boots being behind that mound of dirt, is that someone living in poverty, perhaps a meth addict, who might need a good used pair of boots, removed those boots from Dylan's body and placed it behind the mound with the intent of returning for them later. But in the rush of activity associated with murdering someone and hiding their body, the boots remained there until they were discovered.

I believe it is likely that Dylan's body will be found near to where the boots were discovered.

My opinion only.

a theory.....clutching at straws....but....barefoot man asked for cash/help and Dylan refused. Barefoot man is now the perp here and came back to get Dylan and made him walk barefoot as revenge "you left me walking barefoot, now you have to do the same' logic

Robbery gone wrong?
I was not thinking robbery at all.
I was only thinking forced disappearance cos there is no evidence he left voluntarily.
Or forcefully!
This case hoovered me off the internet and we've got nothing at all! Really very puzzling!

The only reason I can see for DR removing his boots on his own after he'd parked the grain truck would be if he got ants in his boots. Unlikely, but possible. Another possibility, whomever harmed him was dragging him by his feet or hands and his boots slipped off and they just didn't bother to put them back on. :(

Also, I can easily envision a scenario where the "weird/high guy" got/stayed so enraged @ DR for refusing to give him a ride that he got a ride out to Dylan's place a few days later to get revenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1